Away Denver Nuggets Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Denver Nuggets

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 9:00 PM Eastern

Pepsi Center, Denver, CO

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

An away game against a team with a better record.
    We seem to be leaning towards a lottery pick.
    Seems like another loss as the Pistons ride off into the sunset.

Nuggets 103 - Pistons 88
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Stop being so positive Nemo. :cheeky-smiley-012:
  4. Nemo

I figured they'd be this inept, but I don't have to like it. :gaah:
    The team has really been hard to stomach this season. :shout:
    kpaav and roscoe36 like this.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Are the Pistons traveling by horseback to the game? Is that why it's not 'till Wednesday?
    BallDon'tLie and Susie914 like this.
  6. Nemo

They're stopping in Chicago for some Pizza and green beer.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Denver did not look like a team that has a losing record....took care of Clippers tonight, much to my sons' chagrin who came over tonight to watch and cheer on what look like a potential 12 game win streak. After beating both the Clippers and Heat in the past week.....we will probably take our loss and move on for the next loss in Phoenix...
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Worst 3 plus minus stats: Singler minus 10, Bynum minus 7, and CV the very worst, minus 13. Between the 3 they played absolutely zero D. And our brain trust, Loyer, he had all three of these guys out there to end the game. An obvious ploy to make sure above all that we improve our drafting prospects. Losing is what he does best, and he was in top form tonight.

Yes, it was stupid for Smith to get tossed for running his mouth. Drummond is still out.

Dumars long ago did something good. Now, his legacy will be bringing a no defense team to Detroit, and I am sure he will be remembered for many, many years for completely destoying the Detroit Piston image of strong defense. (for new fans, yes it is hard to believe, but this team once prided itself for playing defense.)

Stuckey started since Drummond was out. This put Singler at small forward. He was out with 2 fouls in the first couple of minutes though. We were 0-5 when he exited the game. Before he came back in, we were up double digits. Singler was no way needed in this game. Not in the slightest.

The Nuggets were always given very easy scoring ops. If not Singler, then Bynum was getting burnt. And if CV was in, heck, Denver new the bucket was unguarded so why not go straight to it and lay it in.

Thats about it. Another choice by this coach to lose.
    Ernie the Slow Adult and LA Dre like this.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well there was Faried trying his darnedest to intimidate a Piston as he did to Blake on Monday, but this time it worked and it sent Josh to the early showers.
    The Pistons led by five at the time..early in the third quarter but the Nuggets slowly chipped away and by the end the 3rd, they had a one point lead.......and in case you didn't know, the Pistons are 1-32 when trailing after 3.....and 8-36 when they give up 100 or more points.

Nothing to sing about in this game other than they looked decent for awhile with No Drummond, but as soon as they lost Smith we had no internal defense to stop anyone. Pope got 10 boards and missed a double-double by one point as he was 2-11 from the field.

Bynum delivered 10 assists and 12 points and BoT contributed 3-9 from beyond the arc for 13 points...but no D at all from either of them. .....and none from Singler either....

No one could contain Aaron Brooks who had 27 points and 17 assists. ( another guy I felt was worthy of Joe picking in the 2007 draft instead of Stuckey)
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This has been a tough year for you.
    Nemo, Mogilny, roscoe36 and 8 others like this.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Sad to think that this was the excitement we could have been seeing on a nightly basis if only the coaches would move Drummond to the bench.

The Nuggets, at least this injured version of them, were as bad a team as I've seen this year.

I feel like if I were a Nuggets player I'd be trying to change my number to 420. JaVale McGee should totally do this.

That game was absolutely brutal. Some real bricks were shot.

That was really selfish of Josh Smith to get tossed.

Brandon Jennings breaks my spirit.
  12. Nemo

His Johari Window is starting to look like a door.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually, I think you are on to something. We may need TaS to verify this, but it seems Drummond has some poor plus/minus games when he plays extended minutes. The 3-big experiment never seemed to work.
  14. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

It's like Groundhog's day around here. The Pistons build up a big first half lead only to watch it come crashing down in the third and fourth quarters after the other team starts actually trying makes a few halftime adjustments. Singler plays a pretty good game (5/8 and 3/3 on threes, 13 points, 9 boards in 28 minutes), holds the opposing SF to reasonably low production, yet gets blamed anyway while the opposing point guard goes off for way over his season average. Jennings and Smith each manage to shoot under 40%, Monroe played solid offensively but wasn't much help on D, KCP has a terrible offensive game but because he's the only guard playing defense the team is still better with him in there... writing these is becoming rote (pun fully intended).

On a side note, I don't know whether I'm enjoying KCP's drive-and-flail or not. I giggled about it last night.
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

This post is awesome.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I went full Ernie in the middle of the 1st quarter and woke up with 3 minutes left of the game. Sounds like I missed a good one. Why did Josh only play 23 mins?

If we lose when Jennings/Bynum manage to contain a player of Brooks caliber to 27-6-17 we won't win many games.
    basketbills, Walter and lapiston like this.
  17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

It is going to be hard to gauge anything from this point in. The organization is in a awful place at the moment. Either the Pistons lose enough to stay 8th and (hope) on the lottery, or the Pistons out and out lose a top ten pick. This is simply a very bad position to be in.

The game was more of same as opposition guards ran around Piston guards and the Piston guards shot poorly. Stuckey had some nice posting moments but his game rarely elevates the team.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You're all forgetting how great it is to not have Ben Gordon. Joe did a fantastic job of erasing his mistake by sacrificing a potential andre drummond to make him go away. just a normal part of the untooling process.
    lapiston, Laimbrane and roscoe36 like this.
  19. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Don't forget... the cap space that would have been occupied by a streaky shooter that couldn't play defense allowed them to get Brandon Jennings.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

I went down hard for most of the 2nd Q. There may have been drooling. I regrouped during halftime and made it through the rest of the game.