1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Home Denver Nuggets Tuesday Dec 11 2012

Discussion in 'December 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

The only saving grace in watching these sad games is watching the young guys. I'd like to see English play, but since Jimmer burned him I guess he's out. I'd like to get a look at "Krackatov" and Middleton. I'd like all these guys to start.

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

JMax was playing "all Contract Year" in the first half.
    A team would be smart to sign him to a series of 1-year deals.
    ...However, I'd like to point out to his teammates (..yeah, they all read this site) that Jason Maxiell and Kevin Garnett are 2 totally different dudes. While Max has hit more of those 15 footers this year than he has in the past, it still shouldn't be a "go-to" play or in any way be a focal point of the offense. There's a reason that Max has averaged around 6 or 7 points for his entire career. No offensive play other than a back-door alley-oop should ever be run for this guy.

Greg Monroe without developing a jumper = David West
    Greg Monroe WITH a reliable jumper = Tim Duncan
    ...he'll either be a 15-20 ppg guy who makes an all-star team or two or a HOFer.
    (*please note that IMO Tim Duncan is the greatest PF ever and I'm in no way saying that GM will ever be as good as him. It's reasonable to expect that if Greg was armed with an outside shot to go along with the skills that he already has, he could be a multiple time all-star and a future HOFer. His defense will never be as good as Duncan's and that there is the difference between these two guys. His inside scoring, passing, rebounding, steals, etc. can all be as good as TD's.)

Joe needs to get Austin Daye's life coach to have a few sessions with Kyle Singler.
    ...at least Sing had more than 4 shot attempts in this one.

I looked forward to watching this game all day and then fell asleep on the couch in the 2nd half.

3. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Drinking and LSD worked when you were 19, didn't it?

4. BallDon'tLie

It's not working for Lawrence Frank right now.
    I wish I could visualize the hallucinations that he's having each time he sends Charlie Villnueva to the scorer's table.

No amount of artificial stimulants can afford me the ability to stay awake once Tayshaun Prince starts backing his man down in the post.

alexa032 and The Panda like this.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I have trouble staying awake too, although if he makes a face like this it adds a little drama and keeps me interested:

[​IMG]

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Prince should immediately go to the running hook every single time he touches the ball. That is actually an effective shot for him. I'd also like to see the hook shot alley oop to Drummond on occasion. How hard would that be to defend?

And on that topic, why do we not run any plays designed to get Drummond the ball above the rim? It happened a couple times yesterday, but it was through random improv, not anything drawn up. I'd say Maxiell too, but there would be much more timing required on his part to convert.

Backtracking for a second- on the Stuckey/ Lebron comparison... I think it comes to some people's mind due to the body control and the ability to finish through contact. Stuckey looked like a mini Lebron on some of those drives last night for sure. If the rim was 8' high, he'd completely resemble Lebron (except for the passing and the defense).

7. BallDon'tLie

...and also rebounding, playmaking, speed, perimeter shooting, resistance to fainting spells, leadership, ball handling, versatility, post moves, basketball intelligence, jumping ability, 3 point shooting, ability to make other teammates better, strength, receding hairline, quickness, marketability, susceptibility to migraines, ability to hit big shots, endurance, ability to quarterback a fast break, shooting accuracy and shot blocking.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree with the receding hairline.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Cardono

Cardono Second Round Draft Pick

He only said Stuckey wouldn't resemble lebron on that issue, and you proved him right [:

*** unless that's called receding as well

10. BallDon'tLie

I just like the fact that he used a picture of Fitty Cent instead of a photo of Stucko. :lol:

11. Cardono

Cardono Second Round Draft Pick

50cent wore suits?:confused:

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh, I thought it was a somewhat bizarre picture of LeVar Burton.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If David Stern tells you to wear a suit, you wear a suit.

14. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure if you are right or not, but it doesn't matter. There is no decent argument that Dre and Monroe should not be playing at least half of their minutes together.

copper likes this.
  15. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Well, there's the argument that Monroe is one of the worst players on the team and should be not be given minutes at all...

Detroit Pistons Team Analytics - numberFire
    Detroit Pistons NBA stats and data from 82games.com

It's not an argument I'd make (for a number of reasons), but it's there.

16. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

I dislike pretty much everything about the Pistons game at the moment - from players attitudes, to Frank's rotations, all the way down to that stupid look on BoT face. Even the wins I don't enjoy as they are mostly just outlasting worse teams after blowing big leads.

We are not developing ANY sort of defensive or offensive chemistry, losing (or taking hollow wins) and doing things like not playing Drum/Monroe together and giving minutes to Maggette/BoT while on the way to missing another post season.

I am REALLY sick of it and am considering not watching any more games until I see either some trades or minutes for Slava/English/Middleton and DNPs for Maggette/BoT because other than trying to work our rookies, this season is going NOWHERE.

17. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

There is no argument not too, but after Monroe's complaint about not getting his shots where he wants them and the way Frank talks about the pairing, I am getting the feeling Monroe is the primary reason we don't see them together. I don't think he wants to go to PF. He doesn't trust that outside shot, his little spin moves are more effective against the slower centres and he probably knows he is too slow to play D on the opposition PF as he already has trouble with the Cs.

roscoe36 and linwood like this.
  18. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

# Unit eFG eFGA FTA Close dClose Reb T/O
    1 Knight-Singler-Prince-Maxiell-Monroe .489 .431 +32 41% 35% 48% -7%
    2 Knight-Stuckey-Prince-Maxiell-Monroe .412 .448 -5 39% 38% 48% -5%
    3 Stuckey-Singler-Prince-Maxiell-Monroe .462 .382 +9 38% 40% 47% -12%
    4 Knight-Stuckey-Prince-Jerebko-Monroe .353 .455 -1 51% 32% 48% +6%
    5 Knight-Stuckey-Prince-Monroe-Drummond .545 .333 +3 50% 42% 45% -18%

Its our best team. Moose is playing badly at the moment because he has to cover up defense which he cannot do.

19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I got the same feelings from the comments. Which makes me want to get rid of monroe. He still hasnt realized that he is not a center and is continually eaten alive by opposing teams centers. He cant anchor a defense and is really starting to annoy me with the and1 crap. Add to that he is sulking about having to play the high post where he can still drive( which seems to be his favourite move) and pass. All we need is for him to get a respectable jumper from 12 feet....that shouldnt be a problem, and it will get him out from under the hoop where he getting his lunch stolen by EVERY big he has faced. I really dont see where his problem is, unless he is just using that to deflect the fact that he has been playing like crap and he has been playing like crap in the position he wants to remain in. He hasnt been playing pf this whole time, as a matter of fact he has played very little pf. The more I think about it, the more inclined I am to think he is just whinning. He is repeatedly blown by and out of position on the defensive end and would benefit greatly from a Dre type behind him. If this is the reason Frank has kept Dres minutes down and only swapped them for one another I am more pissed at the fact that we have lost this many games and still havent developed anything. argghhhh I gotta stop thinkin about this cause I am gonna pop a vessel. Now our rooks that can actually shoot and are willing to play defense get shipped off so we can have even more blind ring toss from our supposed scorers.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Where does he want shots except for point blank?