Home Denver Nuggets Tuesday Dec 11 2012

Discussion in 'December 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Denver Nuggets

Tuesday Dec 11 2012 - 7:30 PM EST

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. Sramud Samoht

Sramud Samoht Second Round Draft Pick

I don't give up. Sooner or later ( probably later...sniff ) we''ll make it. GO PISTONS GO.

BallDon'tLie and coynejeremy like this.
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Maybe Arnie can slip Kenneth Faried some sort of a "herbal mickey" so we can have him start at SF for Detroit tonight.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

meaningless stat of the day>>> Pistons 5-5 vs the east and 2-11 vs the west......also 5-5 at home and 2-11 on road.

Both wins vs the western team have come at home, so it's in the cards to win this one vs a western team at home....:graduate:

5. BallDon'tLie

Drum only played 14 minutes last night so he should be good to go in this one right?
    Hopefully that's the way that the Frankster sees it.

I half expect to read some drivel about wanting to conserve energy by limiting Drummond in back-to-backs.
    He's freaking 19 man!
    When I was 19, I'd take LSD, drink a trash can full of booze and stop to take a college exam on the way back to my dorm the next day. If they're worried about Drum being tired, Arnie isn't feeding him the right smoothies.

copper likes this.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If we don't fix our rebounding issues tonight it can get real ugly with Igoudala, McGee and the MANIMAL!!!

7. BallDon'tLie

Hopfully the coaches have been sitting down watching some game tape of the Nuggs with Drum and using J-McGee footage as reenforcement on how not to play.

"Dre, we want you to be this athletic, just not this stupid."
    "See how JaVale hung on the rim for 20 seconds after that dunk while his man ran back down the floor for an easy hoop?
    ...yeah man, don't do that awight?."

The Panda likes this.
  8. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

And as the third quarter gets underway the Pistons trail 48-42. The Nuggets once trailed 21-4, but the tides of battle would change as super sub Andre Miller entered the game and "calmed things down like a cool glass of lemonade on a hot summer day." (Greg Kelser).

Jason Maxiell has 6 blocks.

basketbills, BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

dre got schooled by Miller with lobs to the head case a few times. young fella was shading to help his teammates and miller made him pay. Monroe continues his lackluster performances on defense and is pressing on offense and it shows

10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Pistons close to 2 point defecit and maggette single handedly gives a run back to the nuggs with horrible defense and offensive foul.....I blame coach for even putting him on the floor...he has NEVER made a positive impact for the team when he plays. WHY is our coach so dumb? is he even watching the games on the sidelines or is he just watching the clock for his scheduled substitutions?

11. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Man, I hope Gores is an owner that will hold ALL of his employees to a higher standard, cause if he does I wont have to put up with Larry for much longer

12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Drummond comes out and immediately the nuggs get offensive board and layup...imagine that?

13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Well, another bad rotation of players by our fearless leader, For the life of me I cant understand why Maggette is getting any pt at this point. The coach( and I use that term loosely) says he wants defense first and then he marches the 2 worst defenders on the team out there as his subs... Our starting center is getting blocked by forwards and guards on layup attempts, and our first big sub off the bench is CV? Larry seems to have a piece of paper that has players names and certain times to sub them in and out and he is playing those times to the letter. His rotations make no sense, Our second unit has a pg thats actually a 2guard collider...a 2guard that cant shoot and is worse than cv on defense...Andre is often trying to guard 2-3 players on the defensive end and he gets in trouble from Larry if he doesnt make the stop.....I have to laugh when I see Monroe driving out of control and falling down while missing or getting his shot slapped away for the fifth time...the only player on the team that even seems to be playing well under our coach is Tay. Until we get rid of Larry, or we have foul trouble which forces his hand into playing the right players together....we are going to be watching all our young players learn some very bad habits.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

First game I can remember where all 5 of our starters get their shots blocked, and 3 of them multiple times.

Some savvy guard play from the Nuggs tonight.

Great start to the game, but unfortunately, it was a fluke. Oh well, hung in there until a couple unfortunate 3 point plays toward the end put it out of reach. Enjoyed watching Maxiell's block fest in the first half.

15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Lawrence Frank says the same thing after every game...he talks about how we missed so many shots ( bad shooters in the lineup) and how when you add that to bad defensive rotations and easy baskets for the opposition ( CV and Maggette, and Monroe) thsi needs to be cleaned up. And.....then.....he does the same friggin thing by sending the exact same guys out on the floor at almost the same friggin time every game. He is saying the same things all of us are saying, we have guys that arent hitting shots and arent playing defense....so what exactly is he doing to " clean " these things up? I have an idea...at work if a certain tool doesnt work for a certain application...guess what? I change the tool to one that does what I need it to do. hence, if the guys arent hitting their shots, try a different guy.....and likewise, if a guy isnt playing defense? play a different guy. I know, I know, its rocket science and there is a learning curve involved so maybe by next year he may get a clue as to this elaborate secret resolution to his eternal problem.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'll be brief. If its wrong, Larry is doing it. Stuckey and Knight paired way too much. Maggette and CV playing over younger, better options, that actually have a future for us by playing them.

Never pairing Monroe and Drummond means in this case Drummond just playing 20 minutes despite only having what, one or two personal fouls. What a waste.

Singler could not hit the side of a planet after connecting on a couple early. We still have him starting at shooting guard, and then coming in to play backup small forward. Maybe coach should rethink that burden.

Bynum made a -6 appearance. I am sure his coach does not mind.

We got one bucket from CV tonight. Countless times his defense hurt us. Pretty typical game for CV. And coach does not know this? Ask anyone who has watched the Pistons the last several years.

Yes, we see some good stuff here and there. Way too little tojustify Frank keeping his job.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Defense...

The Nuggets average 100.7 points per game this year. Tonight, we allowed 101.0. I don't see a problem there.

linwood likes this.
  18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Two words: Bor-ing! Ok thats one word but say it twice for emphasis. I would have liked to see this team grow but its the same tepid bs night in and night out. I tuned out at the end not in disgust but in disinterest. At this point i don't care. Frank will play the same set of guys. Those guys will do the same thing.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only saw parts of the 4th quarter on my phone while out shopping....kept hoping that we could make some stops and get a home court run going to pull out a W, but alas, no such luck.

Seems like Lfronco's current rotation with Singler starting and Villaneuva and Magette as third and fourth option off the bench has run it's course.

Pistons are 1-4 during their last 5 games and Singler is averaging 5.6 ppg...shooting 10-32 (31%). Maggette is averaging 5.4 on 8 of 19 shooting. BoT...., well as others have said..his lack of D is not being offset by his 8.6ppg over this five game stretch,.

Since the coach is all about losing, maybe time to throw put Daye, Middleton and English in there to see if they can jump start the offense. Give them 10 games and if that doesn't work....resign..:bow1:

Here is a blurb from last Fridays SI power rankings where the Pistons are ranked 25th.
    The Pistons are holding opponents to just 42.9 percent shooting, good for fourth in the league, but it's their own inability to put the ball in the basket that's negating that success. Detroit ranks 24th in offensive efficiency and averages the sixth-fewest points. Its two leading scorers, Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight, are doing their best, but they also might be trying to do too much. Both players rank in the top five in the league in turnovers, accounting for nearly half of the team's 15.8 turnovers per game.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/matt_dollinger/12/07/nba-power-rankings-oklahoma-city-thunder-miami-heat/index.html#ixzz2EpDDeD4j

Meanwhile the resourceful Gregg Popovich has started 12 different lineups; uses a rotation of 11 players a game and all 15 of the players on the roster have played a minimum of 7 games. record...18-5.

The Panda likes this.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Lawrence Saunders will do whatever it takes to not play Drummond and Monroe together.

He acts like Maxey is KG and his 6 blocks or 6 rebound quarters are typical outcomes. Once he's hot you can't take him out. His only chance to play Drummond is to sit # 10.

Flip loves playing CG with Drummond because he can blame everything CG does wrong on Drummond. CG didn't get blown by on D, Drummond played the wrong coverage behind him.

There isn't another team in the L that would resist at least trying to play their 2 lottery bigs together.

The Panda likes this.