Denver March 26th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by Dlev59, Mar 25, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

didn't lee report last night that Hunter was sick with the flu while he was out?? well if that was the case did he return and knock out rip, Cwebb and almost Flip?? He darn near lost this game for us on the court in the second qtr. he came in with the Pistons up 15 and when he sat there were up only 3. Not only that but when he was out there Flip, jr had 4 turn overs. Message to FLIP sr...never put Hunter and junior out there at the same time.

Oh well how bout the SHEEED!!!!:sssh: 2000 fans were in the parking lot trying to get back in the palace. Joe dumars had already has his you better shape up Flip speech prepared :)

jammer I had to sit my wife down and replay the last minute of regulation too, so she could get the gist of the shot and the relevance. Even she was excited over it.

who's next?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Heroes of the day:

(1) Roscoe (Sheed for making the shot)

(2) Roscoe (Wave for bringing it to us so quickly)

You guys rock.
  4. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Really quick microcapTM...

Pistons got up big, got down, then miraculously made it to OT. Where they almost lost, but pulled it out playing with more desire and composure than Da Nuggetz.

Despite being handicapped by having to play with known narcotics felon Lindsey "Death Snort" Hunter, Flip Murray played some great defense on Allan Iverson and scored some timely baskets.

Tayshaun fell on his hip, but because he is so light in the pants, it was like a feather falling from a 10 storey brownstone to the street below.

Sheed sucked all game, barely yelled at the refs and had a crappy low energy attitude. But he made some timely plays late, including the game tying shot off glass, and was significantly more energized in the OT period.

Chauncey was good. Bad and good. But a lot more good than bad. And that's a good thing. Not a bad thing.

[floatr]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3187/ziggymb9.jpg[/floatr]Flip Saunders was pretty lousy with the rotations, he absolutely refuses to go deep to his bench. Why he continues to play Death Snort Hunter is beyond me. Maybe LH has pictures of Joe Dumars at a David Bowie concert during the Ziggy Stardust era.

Dice had another great game, and this time it was not wasted. But remember the #1 rule that all disciples of micro observe. Dice only loses when he plays good against the elite. Any team that has Reggie Evans playing a role SUCKS, so this one does not count against my theory.

CWebb and Rip both missed this game with the flu. Rumour has it that they are rummaging through purses at the Palace's Captain's Quarters Lounge coat check, searching for the elusive miracle drug. Let's hope whatever they found won't cause a reaction with mangos.

Delfino didn't do a lot, but I am totally digging his armband look. He looks way tougher and experienced. In the immortal words of Brittney Spears, "if you look good, you feel good".

Oh yeah, JMax played great except when he let NayNay run all over him in the paint. Max hasn't figured out where the circle is. But the big fella is really starting to come on. I think he's answered his critics as he's easily as good as Darko right now, with about a fraction of the minutes.

That's it until the next time I am wired on Diet Pepsi and fear of failure.

Peace and love my friends.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sheed knocked more people over with that 55 foot triple than you can imagine. I know I was rolling on the floor in disbelief. My heart was racing so for the next ten minutes it scared me. What a finish to a game. In OT, when we were down a bit, its like, so what, we got an eternity to come back. And we did. Sheed hit yet another triple to tie the score late and we prevailed over Denver at the Palace for about the 12th or 13th straight time.

A second and half to go, and Denver is up three with the ball on their end. They just need to inbound the ball. Tay slaps the inbound pass to Sheed and Sheed nails a 55 foot three to tie the game. Totally improbable. Still can't believe it happened.

The Pistons started out well, with Jason Maxiell playing particulary well. But Rip and Webber were out with the flu. CB had tweaked that groin to end the game last night. JMAX got into foul trouble. Then so did Sheed. Hunter has the flu and has had it for quite some time now. Flip started despite the flu. We were basically a mash unit out there. The starters got us a 15 point lead, which we held well into the 2nd quarter. But then Flip put in two flu ridden guards in at the same time, Murray and Hunter, and what a disaster. We could not do a thing right. Goodbye lead, and it continued into the 3rd quarter. We were 10 down. A 25 point swing.

But we won. Billups kept making shots all game long, both inside and out. Dyess had it going very well from the outside save three straight misses toward the end of the 2nd quarter. Tay kept scoring on fast breaks and what not. (He had a terrible fall on an alley oop try, but got up after a while and shook it off. His tail is going to hurt in the morning.)

Murray made some shots, had that nice steal and dunk, but man he sure ain't a point guard. Between him and Hunter, that was some seriously ugly basketball being played. And we have a healthy, young, promising point guard down in the D-League who could have been playing. What a shame. And yet we won.

Delfino kept contesting for rebounds, but never got one. He made no shots. Only took two or three. Not much of a game from him. Some decent D though.

Sheed did a lot of damage inside in the 4th and OT, plus the two timely triples. Most of the game 'til then he was in foul trouble and about invisible when he was in the game.

Billups ended up with about 35 points. Lots of clutch free throws made too. Sheed made those two clutch free throws to put us up three in the last seconds. Huge shots.

Davis gave us some good defense in the first half, but for some reason did not play in the 2nd half. Weird there.

Mohammed got into the game just a bit, can't remember anything he did.

JMAX made one of his fade shots. Man does he sky for that shot. Thats his signature shot, the one Saunders won't let him shoot. Says it takes him away from the basket so he can't rebound the shot. Heck, Dyess gets to take the same shot. Free JMAX. Let him shoot, one of the best aspects of his game.

JMAX, when in, played seriously good D. There is no way anyone can say he can't play small forward as he is plenty quick enough for it.

Unbelieveable game. Crazy. What a win. GO PISTONS!!!!!PS, I truly believe we will win it all this year. However, I do not believe in taking chances. We need more depth. If Wade gets beyound 80% healthy, we can't beat Miami as we currently are. (But I believe Wade will not make that good of a comeback.) We need to get better to ensure a set of rings, and we can. Blalock and Amir both could have been huge in this game.
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Getting the steal AND a 3/4 court 3 pointer to tie the game all with 1 second left. Wow.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

:pound:

Ground Control to Major Flip...please don't rely too much on this guy, 'k?
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We gotta quarantine these sick players.

Did they all make out with the same groupie or what?
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

11. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Thanks Roscoe ....Unbeliveble Unbeliveble

DETROITTTTTTTTTTT BASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLL
  12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just saw the highlights. That was unreal!
  13. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Tay is sick, too. i saw him during his interview, sniffling and wiping his nose through the whole thing.
  14. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Nuggets coach George Karl knew his team had been beaten by a fluke.
    "You could give him a hundred and he wouldn't make one, but he made one," he said. "I personally would have liked the ball to be thrown more toward the rim or the corner, but you can't criticize a lucky shot. That was a lucky shot."

Karl doesn't know Sheed. He could make 5 in 100. :redface:
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That's awesome, Hog! Definitely one of those "I was there" moments to remember.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I hesitate to call any shot lucky that was shot with proper shooting form. He didn't throw it baseball style like a lot of guys would have.

And he held his pose nicely.
  17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's almost the end of the regular season and Flip and his assistants has yet to recognize that the bench does not play well as a unit. CB, Sheed and Tay sits, the lead of 15 down to 3. Flip Jr may be a starter for the game but he is still part of the bench. Bench guys like Flip Jr, Delf and JMax has to play with the starters, period. It has been proven over and over again in the past few games.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I beg to differ. When half the team has the flu, all bets are off.
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You're awesome Warthog! The only thing that put a damper on my watching the replays of the shot (I didn't get to see it live) was after about the 20th time, realizing that the house was friggin' empty when he made that shot, and yet somehow packed during overtime. I noticed a few fans walking up the stairs, turned around with the "deer in the headlights look" as the camera was panning around after Sheed made his miracle shot. I am totally disappointed as a Pistons fan. But hey, awesome win.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The game is in the deep subburbs on a Monday night. Down 3 with one second left and your team doesn't even have the ball.

If you have kids, you gotta hurry up and get em out to the mini van.