Delfino Tracker (Argentina NT)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by FreshPrince22, Aug 1, 2006.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the problem is he usually brings ours offense to a halt also. i like lindsey but 2 or 3 minutes at a time is all i can take.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't see that at all. What I see is chauncey able to find more openings and flow better but with linds, they run the same damn pick at the top while the 2 curls around another screen. Yes there is a drop off in playmaking but ballmovement is relatively the same. Other
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

FIBA Article about the ARG vs. Serbia game....
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06...LC=en&season=&playerNumber=&teamNumber=&zone=
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This should be great for Delfino's confidence. I just hope he gets a chance to do the same thing for the Pistons.
  5. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I think this will definately help his confidence more than playing in the VSL. It is good he got down there with the team to train and learn, and now his contributing like I hope he will for the Pistons.

I hope Joe D and Flip are paying attention to see what they've got.

Aside from that, it was weird to see Delfino and Darko actually playing in the same game.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I usually am not a big supporter of the confidence leads to good play argument. But in Delfino's case, I really do think that he was deferring too much when playing with the Pistons, mainly due to a lack of confidence. It is one thing being confident and another knowing that you have the confidence of your teammates. He needs both.

I don't think that he even feels completely at home yet on the Argentinian team. He is still proving himself there as well.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

In sports, much as in life, you are either getting better or getting worse.

Continually proving ourselves is the human condition.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Confidence is everything. I can only hope he will get a lot of opportunities to fit in here and that he thrives.
  9. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

What if Flip wants Delfino to stand in the corner and wait to get the ball twice a game?
    Then he will suck, just like Boris Diaw did in Atlanta.
  10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Yea, if you watch these games, Delfino plays a completely different role. He has the ball in his hands a lot at the top of the key (going off pick and rolls, etc), and he is the first guy they pass to to initiate the break. Here he just runs the wings and waits for a pass to hoist up a corner jumper. Flip has got to learn this at some point. That role didnt work for Tayshaun (a big reason why he struggled most of the season, IMO) and it wont work for Delfino.
  11. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

No problem, Coach Porter will have that fixed by the end of January. :laugh:
  12. J-Train

J-Train Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I've said it before. and I'll say it again- Delfino has all-star talent.

The difference between Evans and Delfino is that Evans was a great 10 minute a night, high energy guy, and Delfino is an all-around talent who will pick his spots to make an impact.

If I was coaching and I needed a quick "pick-me-up", then I would put Evans in for 5-10 minutes. If I needed a guy who could give 25-30 minutes of good basketball, then I would go with Delfino every time. He's just on another level, talentwise.
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fino simply rocks! They show all of Germany's games over here- I'm currently watching Nigeria against Germany- hopefully the Germans play against Argentina so that I can watch Delfino as much as possible- this far, it seems he did a pretty good job.
  14. Subtle Savage

Subtle Savage Second Round Draft Pick

Delfino is having a solid performance for Argentina, being the best man off the bench and a quality replacement for both Ginobili and Nocioni.
    He is doing a little bit of everything as the stats show, but his most important contributions have been intangibles... he has had good defense and has been very precise in decisive moments.

19 min, 8.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists (4.6 in 40 min), 1.7 steals, 1.7 TO.
    47.5% field goals (52.9% 2pts and 43.5% 3pts)

[​IMG]

Delfino has quite a lot of freedom in the offense. Many times gets the ball near the top of the key and calls for screens to penetrate to the basket or to dish off. That kind of plays that Ginobili usually does, suit him well. I wish Flip would run plays for Delfino.
    He also has been quite accurate to hit the outside shot when left open.

[​IMG]

As I said, a solid performance by Delfino.
    He will play again next Tuesday against Turkey.
  15. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

I have to say Delfino sure is handsome. Kinda easy on the eyes.
  16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

17. Subtle Savage

Delfino had a great game against Turkey, to get to semis. He was the second scorer of the team (Nocioni had 21 pts) and the best in rebounds.

Argentina won 83-58.

Delfino's stats:
    17 min, 14 pts (3/4 2pt, 2/4 3pt, 2/2 FT), 8 rbs, 1 steal, 1 TO.

And he was in the bench in the "trash minutes".
  18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

His rebounding in that game was simply fantastic- he certainly has a great leap, he was higher than Turkey's bigs several times and he also knows where to stand for the rebound.
    His steal was pretty nice-
    ball Argentina, shot clock running out, Delfino getting the ball with about 1 second left and jacking up an akward shot; rebound Turkey, the ball goes to their PG, Delfino attacks him quickly and steals tha ball after the PG tries to dribble behind his back. Than he finishes with a nice dunk.
    He also had one sweet drive and several jumpers off the dribble.
    He is very involved in the offensive flow and gets alot of touches- in the 2nd quarter (with Scola, Ginobili out) the offense was all him and Argentina even increased its lead til he was substituted.
    It was very nice to see him carrying the load at times!
  19. Subtle Savage

Delfino is playing a bigger role than ever in the National Team. I didn't expect him to play this way.
    I hope the confidence he gets in the World Championship translates to his game in the NBA, like Manu Ginobili after the Olympics.That would be great.
  20. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

The confidence doesn't matter. It's getting the coach to use him properly that matters. Flip was totally clueless as to what kind of player Carlos was and if that doesn't change then Carlos will be stapled to the bench again.

Delfino isn't a stand in the corner and watch guy, he isn't a just wait at the 3 point line for a kickout guy, and he isn't a take a shot every time you touch the ball guy either. I hope (but doubt) that Flip realizes you have to put the ball in his hands and let him work a little bit, that you have to look at all aspects of the game instead of just scoring, and that something resembling regular minutes is necessary.