Delfino playing for Argentina?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 11, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

PISTONS CORNER: Bench might pick up late workload
    Well Carlos, next year is a contract season for you. Why gamble with your future?

2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

If NBA contracts can forbid snowboarding, there's no good reason for them not to forbid playing for other clubs during the offseason.

3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think after the playoffs Delfino needs to come up with a Shaqury (fake injury designed to provide maximum resting time).

5. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I'll definitely support Fino on whatever decision he makes. He's going to be on the last year of his contract with the Pistons and this will be his chance to make the most money during his prime-time years. Looking at Tay being the iron-man in front of him he'll also have to decide if he wants to stay with the Pistons or go to another team that can offer him a starting position. He already has had knee surgery and no player wants to have a terrible injury that could curtail your career. Argentina is a talent laden team but they still have to qualify for the Olympics this summer so hopefully other talents that haven't played can showcase their skills. I want Delfino to work on his shooting accuracy, mid-range game and learning how to work through screens when playing D. If he can learn the skills working with the Piston coaches then I'm for him not playing for Argentina.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Walter Hermann was "advised" by the Bobcats not to play for Argentina. I'm not really sure what his contract situation is (I think team option for next year).

I think it's ultimately up to him, but point being the team is definately pressuring him.

I don't really know how i feel about Delfino playing. It depends. It seems like he gains confidence playing there, and it's not like he plays so many minutes for us. The risk of injury is always there.

I'm more worried about Team USA, and CB

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Freak accidents aside, Delfino needs some seat time to improve his game. its not like he;s going to just break out next year. It'll be more like this year. except for the new head coach:stirthepot: