delfino gone from pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think he has to voice his objectives. We had too much talent blow out of here. Some you can't help (memo) but others, maybe something could have been done.

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think Delfino got more chances to play than Darko. He got to start a couple of games when RIP was injured. He aslo was in the rotation in the begining of the season. He just never seemed to get into the flow of the games and often made poor decisions with the ball. When a guy can't throw a pass without turning over the ball, can't hit a jumper and can't keep his man in front of him defensively what use does he have on the floor?:rolleyes:

I am not a fan of Flip Murray either. I think he came cheap so that's why he was signed. He is just another Mo Evans named Flip.

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Perhaps his game is better suited for the Euro League.

4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

fino played great D on wade and on pierce and lebron. he seems to have better luck against the guys that tay can't check. who exactly was mo evans keeping in from of him defensively that kept him on the floor???

delfino got more chances than darko but that doesn't mean he was given a legit chance. his playing time was few and far between his good games were not followed up with more oppurtunity. so hence the never being able to get into a rythm. flip used delfino wrong he needs the ball in his hands to be effective on offense. he isn't the stand in the corner spot up shoot type of guy. delfino can create for himself and others on this squad i'd rather him run a type of point forward than have lindsey or flip run point guard.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I read something today from Chris Bosh on how the American players are best at NBA ball, and International players are best at FIBA ball.

I think one could draw from this that Delfino's FIBA success may indicate that he is a baller, but that the skill he showed in Europe and FIBA does not necessarily translate to the NBA. It could also explain why he *seems* to show interest in returning to a FIBA style league. Maybe he also feels more comfortable playing that style.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yeah Tayshaun is better at shutting down superstars who are better shooters than penetrators such as T-Mac, Kobe, and Ray Allen.

Winless Wonders Delfino didn't play good because Flip Saunders couldn't help him get in a good flow. Not everyone is the Microwave. As far as I know when he was given godd chances in a chain of games he helped. Delfino isn't one of those Europeans that are amazing in Europe, but below average in the NBA. Delfino showed he can ball now Flip has to let him do that.

7. bball jay

basketball is basketball. chris bosh is making excuses for being unprepared. the american players can play any style. it's a different style of play in both leagues but we have american players that can play both styles. i hope chris bosh stays home next time since he doesn't think he can play fiba ball as good as rasho.

basketball is basketball. fino's game is more suited to the nba style than the fiba style. he isn't a pure shooter in my opinion he uses athleticism and strength instead of pure fundamentals. he's a baller and he played equally as well against the us team as he played against the regular fiba teams. he probably only wants to go back to fiba because that's the only place joe will probably let him go. i think he feels more comfortable on the court which he sees as a possibility in fiba all the nba has done has put him on the bench.

8. roscoe36

Basketball is not basketball (everywhere). If that was the case, every college star would become an NBA star. Every high school star would be a college star. Every European star would be an NBA star.

The differences between the court, rule books and styles of play are very different. There is a reason why stars rarely cross leagues successfully.

9. bball jay

the level of competition goes up but basketball is basketball. dirk can shoot in fiba play and can shoot in the nba. nba is the highest level of play. an nba star can go to fiba play and still be a star. a fiba star doesn't really mean he will be a nba star. nba creates a fair share of the stars so there is more to being a star in nba than just basketball. when people say fiba doesn't translate to nba it would only be relevant if the player uses specific fiba rules to excel. like the 3 point line, the goaltending rule or something. arroyo can score and pass in the nba just like he did in fiba. there is a difference but it isn't as wide as people make it seem.

10. roscoe36

I still think that Delfino may want to return to Europe because he is more comfortable living and playing there. It's not a crazy idea, there is a lot of supporting evidence.

11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Just as I predicted. This doesn't surprise me one iota.

Congrads to the Bad Boy Bill and his awesome ladies.

12. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Both can't be true.

13. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes hack, thank you for pointing that out. i noticed that myself but didn't have the energy to go after it.

i'm not sure what jay means to be saying by that.

14. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

my take- I'd love to let the guy bounce on over to Spain, but I can't see why we would let him leave given the lack of juice at his spot. We are stuck with him, and he is stuck with us. :yellowprison:

15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

We'd have to get SOMETHING for him otherwise, its an utter waste.

16. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Americans can play FIBA ball, just look at how many guys that don't make the NBA go to Europe. I bet Acker has no problems adjusting his game. Mo Evans was MVP in his league. Bosh is just making excuses.

What the US should do is also invite the top one or two Americans playing in Europe to play for the team, but Stern would never allow that.

17. roscoe36

Actually, the shoe companies would never allow that.

18. bball jay

if you read further i said the nba is the highest level of basketball. so therefore a nba baller can also play on the fiba stage. basketball is basketball so if a player has the nba skills those same skills will make him successful in fiba. fiba basketball is a different style of play but it's still basketball. a good shooter in the nba is a good shooter in fiba play. rip would eat fiba alive. it's a different style of play with but there are several different styles of play in the nba game so there is no reason why a nba player can't play a different style of play cause basketball is basketball.

19. max

max All-Star

Main problem to me that faces Team US is lack of a team game. Its very important to get enough practice time to feel each other out which they never seem to get.

Its a very quick game, you have to know where to expect your teammates and what to expect from them. Everythng gets slowed down with unfamiliarity which takes away most of the edge from team US.

20. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Just gettin back from galivantin all over the US of A and Caribbean. Been away from the I-net and Pistons forum all summer. I couldn't wait to read the reports of how Delfino "tore up" whatever teams he faced this summer. Where's the update? Has he become the "next coming" as so many insisted he would be? :fingerscr

There were those who defended his "right" to go fishing instead of playing in the summer league. Some said he would be better off playing against "superior competition" in the international league this year.....instead of staying here and working his azz off like every other aspiring NBA player. But oh no....he was "too good" for that. :rolleyes:

So somebody update me on all the wonderous accomplishments he achieved this summer. Certainly there were many. Give me the word on our "should be an all-star, no practice needing, too good for the SL, future starting SF, SG, PG." I am most anxious to see this! :burp: