1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Deadline around the league

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Feb 16, 2010.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Just a few hours away from the mandated trade deadline (btw non playoff teams can make trades immediately after the season ends)...
    The rumors are heavy... with reality being on the light side.

A lot of talk about Amare going to the Cavs... Stat recently saying he played his best offfense and defense with Shaq.
    The Cavs may not be meeting the Suns requirements... they are now in serious talks with the Wizz (per ESPN)... Big Z & Moon for Jamison & Mike James.

The Suns are saying they like Beasley... Amare being from Florida would like this move.... I'm fairly sure Amare will be in a new city by Thursday... he can net an extra 2M for his trade kicker (nobody's talking about this).

This thread is for any trade rumors.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw Amare and Nash at the airport yesterday and his body language did not look good. He had on a hoodie and a backpack and I thought he was just some tall geek who was in town to see the All-star game. Then someone ran up to take a picture with him and he put on his sunglasses as if he didn't want to be recognized in the photo. I could not get my camera out fast enough as he and Nash ran down the jet way to heading off to Memphis.

He was 21-10 tonight in the Suns win, so even though he may be wearing a new uniform after Thursday he still had his game face on tonight. If he is moved, I am sure he would want to go to a playoff bound team in Cleveland or Miami and not the Wiz....

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

According to Marc Stein the Rockets have narrowed their choice between NY & Chicago for Tmac... he said they'll make up their minds by Wednesday.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/02/16/knicks.mcgrady/index.html

The Knicks and Rockets are reportedly finalizing a trade to send Tracy McGrady to New York.

The Knicks have agreed to give the Rockets the right to swap first-round picks in 2011 and the Knicks will send the Rockets their 2012 first-round pick. Details on protections attached to the two picks is the sole issue remaining to be resolved.
    The trade creates approximately $9.5 million additional salary cap room this summer and likely gives the Knicks the ability to offer two maximum contracts.

New York would package Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill and the expiring contract of Larry Hughes to Houston.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Wow! So NY actually gave up Jordan Hill for T-Mac and moved Jeffries in the process.

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

THE problem for NY will be: who from superstars wants to come to depleted team? Money? superstars get their max salaries everywhere...

7. Brap

Brap Starter

If they don't get LeBron, then today was a disaster for the Knicks. They've got nothing left to trade, and they've got no draft picks for foreever. This is not an attractive team to join.

8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Would going to Bron and saying' "we cleaned house to get you paid and now we can build around you and your style of play" be a smart move or how do you sell this to him?

9. Brap

Brap Starter

You know who I think gives LeBron the best chance to win a championship? Cleveland.

If he's willing to give a huge discount to play, he might do the same for his hometown team.

10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder if NYK is after 3 superstars. What if they signed Bron, Wade AND Bosh? Does the rest of the team really matter if they pulled that off?

Also, I've been reading that Nets' new owner convinced Jerry Colangelo to come out of retirement to run the Nets and they're trying to convince Coach K to agree to an NBA gig. Nets new ownership is ready to spend. They may be the Knicks' biggest rival when it comes to going after FAs this summer.

Back to topic, the Cavs are more likely to land Jamison than Amare. Wiz are trying to dump everything. Suns are interested in what they get back in return.

11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think you're right. This reminds me of the time when Duncan first hit free agency and then ended up staying in SA.

However, in this case LeBron the Ego will make the call and not LeBron the person.

12. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wade, Bron, and Bosh on the same team is a serious thought. Bosh is the type of player that this could work with, as he doesnt need a ton of shots a game, and can get his cleaning up after the other two. Interesting.

13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Will they have that type of money??

14. Brap

Brap Starter

At what point can/should David Stern step in and cancel those deals, for the good of the league. Owners aren't allowed to conspire, how come players can?

Are we really interested in following a league where there are two teams who have a shot, and the rest are the Washington Generals to the Globetrotters?

15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

no. 2 max deals at best. At the price of the roster and the future (picks, etc).

No future.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I've thought that the Colangelo's (Bryan and Jerry) are 2 of the best in the business.
    NJ is the most ideal spot IMO for a FA. They're heading into a brand new arena, they have the best young center in the league, they'll end up with a great draft pick, Courtney Lee and Terrance Williams are 2 really good players and they also have enough $$$$ to get 2 FA's. Imagine a team of Wall, Wade, LBJ, Lopez & whoever........

17. Brap

Brap Starter

Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams aren't exactly making a case for being two really good players.

18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It looks like Darko could be dealt to Minny for Brian Cardinal (per ESPN)

19. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Brian Cardinal is still on an NBA roster?? Talk about a journeyman. Must be a really good practicer! :)

Cardinal
    354 games in 10 seasons. Average of 35 games and 556 minutes per season.

Darko
    345 games in 7 seasons. Average of 49 games and 837 minutes per season.

For comparison, Andre Iguodala led the league last season with 3,269 minutes.

20. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some more updates filtering through.

John Salmons has been instructed by the team to stay at the hotel Wednesday, indicating he may be part of some deal.

Antawn Jamison is not playing tonight indicating a deal is going down. Early report is it is a 3-team deal where the Cavs get Jamison and Sebastian Telfair, the Clippers get Drew Gooden, and the Wizards get Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Al Thornton, Brian Skinner and a Cavs first-round pick.