Day 1: Let the games begin

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jul 7, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Day 1: Let the games begin

For all of us who couldn’t make it to Vegas, there’s good news: the online game recaps appear to be much better this year. Here are a few quick hits on the four games during Day 1:

Sacramento 90, Minnesota 83
    A good debut for Randy Foye, with 23 points in a losing effort. Kevin Martin led the victors with 20, and Louis Amundsen chipped in 16. Ron Artest was a no-show, but the Kings expect to see him in Las Vegas for future games.

Houston 88, Portland 82
    John Lucas tallied 22 and Houston got 20 each from Pat Carroll and Marquette sharpshooter Steve Novak (6-8 from 3 point land). Martell Webster was high man in defeat with 29 points. Brandon Roy had 12 points and 8 assists.

Denver 113, Dallas 85
    The Mavs came up snake eyes in this one, trailing by as much as 30. MSU product Maurice Ager scored 17 in defeat, while Casey Jacobsen led the Nugz with 20.

Toronto 93, Washington 85
    Number-one pick Andrea Bargnani looked good for the Raps, scoring 20 including 16 in the first half.

Other action
    Former Piston Mike James was busy in the stands according to ESPN’s Marc Stein, “conducting face-to-face negotiations with the three teams chasing him: Houston, Dallas and Minnesota. After a meeting with Rockets officials, James could be seen in a far corner of the gym, engaged in an animated discussion with Mavericks owner (and fellow Pittsburgh native) Mark Cuban.”

If only Mike wasn’t so shy, eh? We’ll be back soon with more coverage of a distinctly Pistons flavor.

Written by LanierFan on July 7th, 2006
  2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Thanks Roscoe for the updates. What site can I go to in order to get a summer league recap.

I am very interested in knowing how the younguns produce in summer league.

This is Maxiel & Amir's year I believe.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Here's where you can get the recaps, or you can see the whole site at www.vegassummerleague.com. I'm covering for Roscoe right now, and The Low is our man on the scene. We'll be providing some coverage of the Pistons games at www.badboysummercamp.com, and those articles will automatically show up here as well.

(PS: I passed along some bad info in the recap for the Houston game. The Rockets had five players score, not four, and it obviously wasn't enough since they lost. Sorry.)