Darko's performance vs. France

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LanierFan, Sep 2, 2005.

1. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

In today's Efes Pilsen World Cup consolation game, Serbia hammered the French 99 to 72. Darko bounced back from his lousy game against Slovenia with 8 points.

Excerpts from http://www.jadransport.org/articles/1750.html :

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

[​IMG]

When was the last time we saw Darko shoot a jump shot?... I'm thinking never.
    Maybe this is the slam Massimo was talking about.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Dunking

Doesn't exactly look like a full house at the arena. I'm excited for the kid even if it was only "Hairy Mickael Gelabale" ....Now if I had seen the dunk I'd write a post on the 10 best things about Darko's dunk, but I guess I'll have to wait for that..
  4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

The German sponsor on the back of the opposing uni makes me think that's an older picture, possibly when Darko was playing for S&M's cadet teams.

I don't think any of the national teams he's opposing this year would highlight a sponsor from another country (even though Kinder's chocolate eggs are awfully good and contain the world's coolest toy prizes).
  5. punisher

punisher Second Round Draft Pick

picture is from Italy game, Kinder in fact is their sponsor...;)
  6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Thanks for the correction. :tape: After battling the terrible webcasts from Istanbul, I'm hoping the tournament in Greece lets me see what I'm writing about!
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kinder seems to overtake Italy, they're sponsoring the team from Bologna as well.
    Good to hear that Darko seems to have recovered.
  8. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

Sounds like Darko is getting very aggressive with the fouls and jams and all. There was another piece in the report that was quotable, "Milojevic, Gurovic and Jaric are already proven players while Milicic and Pavlovic have full potential to destroy anyone before them."

I did see enough flashes of brilliance in the SL to give me great hope for the kid. He couldn't keep it up because he was just not in game shape. With the tough Serbian coach and training in the mountains he should come back here solid as a rock.
  9. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I like the aggressiveness too. They've got the luxury of three NBA centers, so encourage the kid to play with maximum force while he's in there.
  10. max

max All-Star

Box Scores?

Does anyone have the box scores for those 2 games? I would be interested how many mins Darko played.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Max, I read somewhere that they don't keep boxscores for these exhibition games. Guess we have to count on our eyes and ears from folks that witness these games.

There was a live game feed floating around (it was choppy but worked).

I believe that Serbia plays again tomorrow (not their holiday)
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Good Job DMC

DMC is going to be allright (although I'd send him and Sheed to Minny in a sec for KG). One thing that is going to have to happen is that people are going to need to change their expectations for DMC's game. I think he's a kid that can have GREAT floor games. A few pts, a few stls, a few dimes, some blks and boards. I really don't see him as a go to player anytime soon like J-O'neal, but he'll fill the columns of the stat sheets big time.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

hi

Yes, the Serbian team starts another tournament today. (per a poster on detnews.com)