Darko Leading NBA in BPG

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pastor Flournoy, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Anyone see that comming into pre-season with the way SL went? Man I am glad LB is gone somebody give me an amen!
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

SL looked like a pickup game almost... what stands out is guard play and sheer athleticism. The reports coming back from the Euro-league...I'm not surprised this is happening in the pre-season.
  3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i did. darko is also starting to get some respect as a shot blocker. he's altering and detering lots more than he actually gets. the serbian swat machine is here to stay.

but yes amen and boom shaka laka that lb is gone.
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

New ailment

I read something interesting the other day. Apparently, patients all over the Detroit area are lying on psychiatrist couches and speaking of a man that is no longer living here but makes them tremble in anger nonetheless. Despite not knowing this person, every other thought these "patients" have are consumed by this man's alleged indignities. And although this man is successful and has been all his life, these afflicted people can only whine, grouse, and pick at every little mistake this person has made rather than looking at the "overall" genuis. Recently, these people have taken to chat rooms to champion the exorcism of this man from their bodies. But the aftereffects of this ailment can still be damaging. They have a name for this ongoing ailment. It's called "The LB Complex" and it's going around.
  5. bball jay

there are some people that didn't wear protection when messing around with lb and still love him after what he did to them. i hope they find a cure for this. they turn a blind eye to anything he does and hope he comes back to them even though they know in thier heart lb loves them and leaves them.

yup. that's the same genius that had carlos delfino, carlos arroyo and darko milicic plastered to the bench. this year maxiell and amir would have been the same way. i stand by my beliefs. amen lb is gone.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You're silly. lol
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You're silly too!
  8. ggazoo69

And some genuises are "sold" on Dos Los and Darko after four preseason games. :confused: Might wanna wait 'til it actually counts. But if they do well, I'll be right along there with ya. :nod:
  9. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Isn't that called band wagon jumping?:laugh:
  10. Superstarov

Didn't I see you over in the DetNews Lions talk for the last few years calling for McMahon to start?

Let the LB thing die, his own behavior, and choices will be his own downfall or not. His choices present, past, and future will be scrutinized by people who get paid to give their opinions and make choices based upon them.
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Dont forget he had Lebron, Wade, and Carmelo. BTW, (Patting self on back), been touting DMC as a shot blocking machine for over a year.

PS. for GAZOO (I know you love hearing about LB) A Cleveland fan's take on LB, LeBron, and the Olympics (hnn.us/blogs/entries/6925.html):

"Brown has done nothing but insult the kid since the whole process has started. First he said LeBron couldn't guard anyone when he got to training a few weeks ago. Then he didn't play him much even as the U.S. wasn't playing very well. Then he finally put him in the game for some real PT against Greece, LeBron dove on the floor for balls and sparked the team to victory, and Brown said something like "He's 19, he should be diving for balls." Still, LeBron played the whole fourth quarter in the next game against Australia and basically led the team in a comeback win. Then Brown only played him a couple of minutes against Lithuania, and not at all in the second half, supposedly because LeBron is not a great outside shooter (on a team that is shooting a combined 15% from behind the shorter international three point line). I'm all for giving a coach the benefit of the doubt, but it just seems like Larry Brown is going out of his way to disrespect LeBron James."
  12. ggazoo69

I'm going out on a limb here and saying LB knows a little bit more about hoops than both LeBron and that Cavs fan who posted that. Are you trolling Cavs' sites looking for LB dirt? Have you turned all of NY against him yet? :laugh:
  13. bball jay

i didn't bring up lb. i responded to a comment that had lb in it. why come to the guys defense all the time?? right now lb is certainly relevant to darko so for a few years there will be always attached.

also i don't even know who mcmahon is. haven't watched a lion game since barry retired.
  14. Superstarov

So does anyone think Darko, if given 10-15 MPG will be able to keep it up on the blocks?

3 or 4 BPG?
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nope, when the regular season starts the scrubs, who DMC gets alot of blocks off of, will be at the end of the bench so that will drive his BPG down. I do firmly believe that DMC will have games (several) where he gets 3-5 blocks, but to do it every game, to get a 3 BPG avg is VERY difficult. Look up the top 3 shot blockers in the league for the last 6-7 seasons and look at the numbers, dude DMC at 20 would have to be what a seasoned Ben Wallace or Mutombo were as experienced vets.
  16. ggazoo69

Yes, but his fouls will stay up, too, I think, at least for a while. He'll get better with more playing time for sure. He didn't play much the past two seasons as he as always been called a "three to four year project" by Dumars. Now it's time for the project to get more playing time. And I think Flip is better suited for that development than Brown and Cola. Brown, I feel, was brought in to win a championship for the team, city, and himself, and he did that.

As far as defense goes, people on this board and others are always talking about keeping "your man in front of you." Good sound advice, but I was always taught the play the ball and not necessarily just the man. If Darko learns "to play the ball" the blocks should stay up there and the fouls will go down, I think.
  17. bball jay

nope. 3 or 4 blocks is hard to do when playing 25-30 minutes. i do think he will average 2 blocks though. he really has good timing. not too many centers block as many jump shots as darko does. it takes timing and speed to block jumpers.

if given the minutes darko is right up there with them as shot blockers. he's quicker than mutumbo and taller than ben. those things would make him just as effective as a shot blocker as those 2. also i don't think his blocks will go down because he'll be playing against better players i think they will go down because players will no not to bring that weak stuff into the paint when darko is patrolling it.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Shot blocking is about more than just physical attributes. It's also timing, and instinctively exploding to the ball.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sure many a NBA player is shaking in his sneakers. Perhaps in a few years, but there are no players that fear the lane today because of Darko.
  20. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Maybe not, but I saw plenty of Mavs lobbing their shots a little higher when Darko was in.