Dallas Oct. 16th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'October 2008' started by Dlev59, Oct 15, 2008.

1. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Game on NBA TV is blacked out in Detroit. Anyone know if it's being shown somewhere else locally? Or maybe I should just skip it - sounds like we're not putting out a performance worth watching.
  2. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

its on here in Vegas. And yes, its pretty pitiful.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The telecast is coming in fine here in Cancun.
  4. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Rip played 30 minutes? seriously MC?
  5. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

yeah you should just skip it. we are really not putting on a performance that i would consider worth watching. they are stinking up the joint seriously.
  6. Pistons Lover

I didn't see the point of him playing that much in a preseason game. That just downright sucks!!! He should have at least put Arron, Walter S., and Cheikh in. The starters played some heavy minutes tonight for no reason at all!!
  7. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

:cheerlie-GOAL: :p_welldone: :cheerlie-GOAL: :p_welldone:
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

All of sudden, It appears that MC wants to win the game and he has all his starters in there minus Amir. In other words it the Pistons A team with Max vs the Mavs c team...:sssh:
  9. Nemo

Prince is +15...Maxiel is +11...Amir is -7. What's up with that??
  10. Pistons Lover

Yeah I feel that Max should start Max over Amir. Amir might be ready next year but definitely not now. We're up right about now and it's amazing how Max can change a game around for the Pistons. :sssh: but don't tell M.C. that!

I have no idea. All I know is that Amir had a better shooting night than the rest of the team.
  11. LA Dre

Because Amir was on the bench during that 4th quarter run when the Pistons put up 36 points. Pistons win the game, but we have be thankful that none of our starters got hurt during that 4th qtr playing agains a bunch a scrubs. Prince who shouldbe getting rest after playing darn near all summer played 33 minutes tonight??

We can only hope that MC doesn't fall into Flip's win at all cost mode...
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I turned the game off when we fell down by 14-16 in the 2nd quarter. I woke up and checked the score an thought "hey, we won!", then i read this thread. Our starters play 30+ and beat their reserves. Yes!! . . only not.

From what i saw of the offense i don't agree that it was jump shot after jump shot, but i did see a lack of direction. These last two pre-season games were not very encouraging esp since it seems like the effort has been there. I do like the defense though for the most part.

The Spurs blew out CLE; i guess that's a positive depending on how you look at it.

edited to add; Rip played 37 min?! Wow. And kudos to Amir and Max. Great stat lines for both. And at the risk of editing to death; i just read that Curry said before the game he wanted to play his regular rotation so many it wasn't (hope) a win at all costs thing ?
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The announcers on NBA TV were saying that the Pistons wanted to use this game as a tune-up game (basically as a real game simulation) because they have a big break before the next game. I like that MC forced the starters to fight for a victory. The crowd was into it, the bench was into it, and we saw some great flashes from Chauncey, Tay, and Maxiell.

The 2 things that jumped out at me in a positive way (ignoring the regular excellence of Billups and Co.):

1) the play of our big men. 24 points, 33 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 steals, and 8 blocked shots. The rebounding was especially good with 15 offensive!

2) Stuckey's relentless attacking on offense. I know it's nothing new, but I haven't seen him play yet this year and he just looked like the most aggressive player on the court.

The big bummer was that I actually forgot the game was on NBAtv and I only watched the 2nd half.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I would've rather seen Amir finish the game (get more acclimated, and he was playing very well), but if we can get that kind of production on a regular basis from our bigs, that would be fantastic.
  15. LA Dre

Funny when you look at the shooting stats, its just the opposite...our three main bigs (vets) from last year, Prince, Dice and Sheed, were a combined 5-23 shooting??? and Prince and Dice didn't hit a bucket until the 4th qtr as each missed their first five shots...

Stuckey did look aggressive out there attacking the hoop when it was definitely needed, but with 3-9 shooting and no assists he needs to try to find that open man much sooner instead of over dribbling and then forcing a shot...
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm glad I missed the first half. 27 points on 21% shooting? Must have been hard to watch.
  17. max

max All-Star

18. Nemo

31% shooting...
    Maxiel +13...Prince +18...Amir-7

not all good news.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This was actually Amir's best game as a starter. In fact, he was the only one that looked like a starter for most of the game. :confused:
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It's funny because Sheed had 8 boards in the 1st half which is what he had in the first half of G6 against BOS.

I thought DET moved the ball pretty well and mostly need to tighten things up. They had a lot of turnovers, but 'tis the season. They moved the ball no matter who was in the game. That is an improvement right there

Their D kept them in it. I like how their wings are hedging on dribble penetration.

Worse case scenario, if there was a 3 team league of DET's full team along with SA & Dallas scrubs they'd be 2nd best much like the EC the last few years.