Home Dallas Mavericks Tuesday Jan 10 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 7, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2012.
  1. Detroit

28.6%
  2. Dallas

71.4%
  1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You do have a point, but it was Stuckey's rebounds I would point out.

These Pistons are beyond bad, but it seems like you should be able to luck your way into 4 assists.

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I was thinking that it was either Rod or Chuck regarding the boards. ...Last season was such a long time ago.

The only way I see BK lucking into 4 assists per game with this year is if he could somehow learn to bounce the ball off the heads of his teammates and have it deflect into the hoop.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

If we still had Rip on the team, BK would definitely be able to find him 4 times during the course of a game. Trading away Rip was the biggest blow to the development of our rookie PG. The short-sightedness of Dumars is appalling. He needs to be fired.

Nemo likes this.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe Joe should try to trade for Rip?

5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

laughing right now thinkin of him doin it to a dazed Tayshaun....

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bill, you have stated a theory here, but have not given any specifics that one can argue with. Or choose to agree with - like that would happen lol

7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I bet you Tay can pump-fake with his head.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons have gotten blown out in 5 consecutive games. They have been beaten in every facet of the game (shooting, rebounding, turnovers, defense, front court, back court, etc.). They have played poorly at home and away. They always give up more than 90 points and they never score 90 points. I don't think it's a convoluted theory to say that this group of players is simply overmatched in any game that involves a tip off.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I think what I am seeing is fear of the coach. Translated into fear of making a mistake, like not looking for the extra pass. Look at the other team, if you leave one of them wide open - they take the shot. Our guys look to pass to the most guarded man they can find in the same situation. Certain players obviously should not take the open shot - like JMAX, Ben Wallace, Wilkins (who should not be out there except as an emergency player). But if you leave Knight, Daye, Tay, Monroe (at not too far a range), Gordon (already gonna shoot), Stuckey (but bring it in a little), Bynum (same, bring it in a little), JJ - they should all shoot the open shot without hesitation.

Now, what I just said above goes against the Larry Brown theory - get the ball inside until 5 seconds are left on the clock. Then take the open shot if that is all you have. Good theory. For sure, looking to go inside at all times is the way to go. That should be the first plan of attack. But if they leave you wide open for a shot you should be able to knock down at a good percentage - because they are stopping your inside game by putting more guys around the basket - you got to take the shot.

I'd like to see a unit that is all about taking the ball inside:

Stuckey and Knight at guard. JJ at small forward to add to the rebounding punch - and to provide an outside shooter to keep the defense honest. And Monroe and Macklin looking to post up.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder how Macklin is doing in practice. He doesn't seem to get into the game until they are down 20 with 2 minutes left in the game. I thought he made a couple of nice plays on Tuesday.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just out of curiosity, what would the Pistons have to offer the Bulls to get Rip back?

It looks like we could send over Ben Gordon and get Rip + Rose in return and have the salaries match up.