Dallas March 18th, 3:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by Dlev59, Mar 15, 2007.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Flip looked very frustrated with Sheed too at the end of the 4th when Sheed jacked up the ill advised brick of a three. I've never seen Flip throw up his hands in exasperation like that...yeah, the tension is there.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

So, I guess Sheed is the new malcontent???:stirthepot:
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

I only saw part of the game.

You're right about that play with Sheed...he was definitely in the act of shooting...even the ABC broadcast 'brain-trust' knew it and were scratching their heads verbally.

You're right about Tay backing down too. The one play I saw had him backing down right of the paint, receiving the DT as he got close to rim, missed his patented little lefty-hook, but got the put-back. I really like to see Tay posting most defenders because he CAN take most of them, one-on-one. But there are two problems I have with Tay's post play:

1) It's always from right of the paint, protecting his dribble and his shot. You rarely see him dribbling left of the paint and rarely see him shoot from the left side unless he's outside the arc. I wish he'd work on developing his right side this off season to make himself less predictable to the opponent. I think back to the work Rip did on his 3's before last season...he came into last season and surprised the hell out of opponents and most of us by being able to do what we never expected him to be able to do. With the big money should come a desire to make your game even better, in any way possible, all the time.

2) Tay is slowww in backing down defenders. He spends so much time doing it that his defender will many times get help when he closes on the paint. Which kinda leads to your point about him knowing when he should kick it out.

I really like Tay. I just hope his new contract doesn't make him lackadaisical in bettering his game.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's a play that he will try at least 3-4 times a game and the rest of the team stands around watching. This team is good, but they would be better if they wouldn't go into sleep mode when somebody trying a one on five maneuver.
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yeah...I've seen it over-and-over. Hey Flipper...here's a thot...how about having a player step in behind Tay's slow back down to pick Rip's defender so he can receive the pass?
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Agree with that. There were a couple times during the Portland and Sonics game when either Sheed or Tay were working the post, and the rest of the team was just watching. I was yelling "little help!", but the Pistons weren't listening.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lin, I am sure your voice is louder than Flips, but remember they don't listen to him either. :)
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

No doubt, Dre. I'm not sure they need it as much since the arrival of CWebb, but I really miss Rip's midrange game. Watching him work the screens is a thing of beauty, and it seems that they have gone away from that strategy lately. If one of the bigs could hit Hamilton in motion...
  11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I don't think we lost because of any given play or call. Our offense started to stall after that run in the 2nd quarter. Murray did a fine, fine job but he cannot run the offense for 35 minutes against an elite team with the same efficiency as Billips. Our sets were not crisp.

Chris looked a bit tired from his big game against the Suns, so he couldn't bail us out on offense. Sheed wasn't as lively on offense either despite taking quite a few shots. By the 4th, we had no movement in the offense and so they squeezed out a win.

Our defense was a bit lax as we were understandably tired/spent. That happens in the regular season with scheduling.

Dallas did not do anything to scare us.
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Gotta agree with this... it's almost like he's saying here let me slow it down so you can help on me... just get it done.... Sheeds the same way (think I'll lick my fingers first).

The way I was taught to post up was to make your self wide bump the body then call or the ball (first get in the paint area)... get the ball and first look for a double team... pass to the open man or make a quick move... my coach would get all over me if I took too long.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

HEY! That's in the part of Flip's 'play book' that we haven't seen yet. :sssh: It's a secret...:sssh:

Subliminal Flip in his office tonight: :reading: Dammit! Fino told me these guys were on to something. What was the name of that Pistons website? S^%&!!! I knew I shoulda asked Fino for his cell number! :gaah: I gotta talk to this AnDREa... :burp: :sleep:
  14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

:gaah: <------the OFFICIAL smilie of Jason Maxiell
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

While I'm thinking about it there was one thing that absolutely killed us in the phx game. I can't believe i'M ABOUT TO TYPE THIS BUT......We got off our game everytime Flip Jr came out the game and off the point. Tay did ok but with Tay, Rip and Fino on the court at the same time I swear there were possessions where all five players were on the same side of the court. This was a line-up where they were not sure as to who was suppossed to be where. They were all standing in the same wing for crying out loud while DYess and Webb/Sheed were playing a high/low post game. It wasn't anybody's fault really, but it shows what happens when we have both rotational PG's out of the fold, the unfamiliarity becomes a beach.
  16. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

agreed as well--but hell, sheed isn't the coach and shouldn't be jacking up retarded azz three's because he doesn't like something the coach does--dude needs to grow up. That's something I expect out of players in the PSL--not the League.