Dallas March 18th, 3:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by Dlev59, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Dallas March 18th, 3:30 PM
    TV - ABC

Dallas visits the Palace in this nationally televised game where the best in the west meets the best in the east. This is the first stop of a six game east coast trip for the Mav`s. The Pistons won the first matchup 92-82. These teams will not play again unless it`s in the Finals.

2. max

max All-Star

Dallas March 18th 3:30 PM

Working like a hollywood movie here. Pistons face the best 2 teams from the West in consecutive games. Pistons actually have a better road record than home and Dallas is no sloach on the road at 23-7.

Going to be a tough one if Billups is out. We will see. Been an amazing stretch so I would no be surprised if the Pistons pull this one out. Pistons had blown the Mavs out twice in the games last season.

3. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

The great game but ....Chaunchey? News?

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

My UK Wildcats foiled my usual Pistons-watching plans by actually advancing in the NCAAs, so I won't be around for the game this afternoon. Y'all have fun while I'm away, but don't go doing anything I wouldn't do!

5. detroitsfynest

detroitsfynest First Round Draft Pick

The chris McCosky weblog on the detroit news website said no billups today flip murray is going to start im new to the forum and I don't know how trust worthy McCosky is as a source but thats what i read

6. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Pistons ..Murray Rip Tay Sheed and Webber

Mavs Harris Terry Howard Nowitzki Dampier

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Chat is open for bidness:

quicklinks: flash chat.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks!

9. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

DANG------8 missed freethrows came back to bite us in the ...

10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Did Ri p take some diet pills too.
    ????

11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

A lot of missed easy shots and inconsistent defense lead to losses against playoff-caliber teams - even when those teams don't have integral parts of their rotation in uniform.

12. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

flip murray sucks for that last play.

flip saunders sucks for not calling timeout before the last play.

13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Buckner and George are their equivelants of Hunter and Delfino....and the two of them combined don't equal Chauncey Billups, so I wouldn't go as far as to paint Dallas as a team that was short handed and Detroit should have beaten.

Bottom line is the Pistons were missing a starting point guard and his backup, they were missing complimentary pieces, and the Pistons still would have won this game if Richard Hamilton doesn't shoot free throws like he's 5 years old.

14. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Dallas played a solid game and the Pistons faltered down the stretch, especially Rip with his FT's. Not happy with the results but am not disappointed. Missing our starting PG and coming within a hair's breadth of a W is OK against a very good Dallas team. Pistons can beat these guys. Flip Sr. could have adjusted quicker against the smaller line-up AJ was using.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That was the difference OZ. Including six misses in crunch time, 3 by Rip and 1 by Cwebb. Rip missed 5 today himself. If he hits all of them, the Pistons probably win or are in OT now....Where is our home cookin? The mavs made more FT's (24) than the Pistons took (21)

Flip had 18 pts 6 assists and 4 steals. Hopefully he continues to get some PT when Hunter comes back. He probably should have taken some more shots in that 4th instead deferring to the guys standing out on the 3 pts line. It appeared that our guys were intimidated by Dampier with all of the outside shots. I have not seen the NBA stats page, but I am willing to bet that the Mavs outpointed us in the paint too, and that is where we were beating teams during the west coast streak.

And how does a guy like Devin Harris who averages 9.7 pts a game get 22pts?? He went to the FTline 10 times.

No need to fret though, we were close even without CB. Rest him one more game and get him ready for the trip back to Texas for the end of the week. We got nine more road games so at least we get at least nine more W's there:)

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great attitude Dre.

Another ho-hum loss. The only Piston that stood out was Dice, and like I've said before, when Dice plays big in a big game, we usually lose.

Don't ask me why.

At the end of the day, Dallas exploited our mismatches instead of the other way around.

Howard controlled Tay, Webber cannot guard Dirk and Terry is too quick for Murray.

Our lack of a P&R game with Murray was glaring.

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Overall Sheed played Dirk pretty good... that last three by Dirk was just laziness on Sheeds part not rotating fast enough... this was after a timeout.... who do you think was gonna have his number called for a big play down the stretch?

Dallas should get some credit for their defense... Cwebb had a tough time getting position down low.
    I think we should have gone thru Tay more... that was our mismatch.
    Did Flip Jr. just play better defense on Terry than Chauncey?
    This would be a fun finals series.

18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We are right there at a championship level. I wouldn't worry. Flip Murray can not run the offense as the MAIN point guard. We didn't have a rythym most of the game.

On defense, we were a bit spent against the Suns.

What is important is that we found a BACK-UP GUARD who can run the offense well enough for a spurt and can score. Yes, Flip Murray. Actually, the only way we could have won this game is if Flip went one on one more late--either make or break it as Dallas got into our sets (doubt that will happen with Chauncey) and you could see we were in trouble.

This team is ready for the big dance with a bench. With Murray as the back up. With Webber in the offense.

19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Flip has obviously learned from Chauncey. Now, Chauncey needs to learn from Flip. We need Billips to be more consistently offensively oriented against the good teams. Flip can't spread the offense like Chauncey because they don't worry about his three ball. But Flip can take it to the rack and Flip is not afraid to be offensive minded.

We have taken away too much of Billips firepower. We need to bring some of it back.

20. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

We have what amounts to as 2 point guards on the floor when Flip and CWebb both there. Flip brings the ball up and CWebb runs the offense like Sabonis used to do. Want to see more of that.