Dallas Jan. 23rd, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 19, 2009.

1. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

That is a funny, but accurate, description of Amir's build. He and Tay are nearly identical in height and weight. Bosh of Toronto seems to be living in a slightly heavier version of Tay's (and Amir's) body.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Now you are just putting words into my mouth. The gelling period excuse is done with. It ended 15-20 games ago. Our main problem is Coach Curry making moves that absolutely make no sense. Now if you add that problem to the tweak we had in the lineup (AI for Chauncey) things look terrible. The team does not only have to adjust to Curry but to AI too. The only reason Chauncey may have done better is because he knows the guys so much that it would overcome some of Currys mistakes, but like I mentioned before when we face a team just as good as us in the playoffs everything can be seen. No more hiding. Because at some point in a series a game depends on the decisions a coach makes and Chauncey "the greatest Piston ever" could not save us.

I am just going to be patient with this team. What else can I do? There is so much potential that its not worth throwing the chances out.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sure every team has potential. The Piston roster, as assembled, no matter who is coaching, does not have the right pieces to win a Championship this year.

The question is...Do you ride out the season with a first round playoff loss and then build for the future or do you make a move in the upcoming months and try to make a run in 2009?
  4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Perhaps there is also the possibility that these two options are not mutually exclusive: i.e. maybe you can make a move in the upcoming months that would help you try to make a run at 2009 AND build for the future at the same time.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good point. I wonder if Dumars is stressed out right about now.
  6. professor

Seriously. I think JD is a good GM, but not infallible. Leaving aside whether it really is possible to make a move for a run this season AND build for the future in one stroke, an even more pertinent question, to begin with, is whether Joe D believes its possible. In other words, if he sees the two as mutually exclusive then he won't be imaginative in trying to make a move that can do both things. I have more doubts about Joe D's imagination in this regard than about his ability to pull off a move once he has figured out his goal. I'd like his goal to be to make a move that does both.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we are going to consider all possibilities, then there is also another case in which both moves are futile because of these guys.
    :king::afro::afro::afro::afro:
  8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

The Celtics are taking the Mavs to the woodshed right now with a 25 point lead halfway through the second quarter. The Celtics are shooting almost 70%. :granade:
  9. professor

true of course, but isn't that just to say that ANY managerial move carries with it the risk that it won't pan out cause of those guys? I'm really just trying to bring awareness to the (possibly limited) mindset that Joe D (and we fans) might be bringing to the table when contemplating possible moves.

Scenario A: make a move for this year that clearly compromises long-term prospects: could succeed: we get a championship; could fail: we get no championship and have no future.

Scenario B: make a move that clearly gives up on this year but tries to solidify the future: could succeed: we are realistically strong contenders for future ships; could fail: we suck for the rest of this year and have no future

Scenario C: make a move that tries both to make a run at this season and to solidify our position for future contention: could succeed: we win it this year and also contend strongly in upcoming years; could fail; we suck this year and do not contend in the future

Scenario D: make a move that tries neither to make a run at this season nor to solidify our position for the future: could "succeed": we suck this year and in the future; could "fail": we win it this year and contend in the future.
  10. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

74 - 46 Celtics in the first half. 74 points in a half. WOW!
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that trading AI for Shaq could fit into all of those categories.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Still no response to your Ben Wallace comments? Ok. I see how this works now. Pick and choose points you can make an argument against and ignore everything else.

Whatever. I'm not taking the time to get into these discussions anymore. Results speak for themselves.

And HOU just started the game in a zone. That's says alot about the "balance" of our SL.
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well I didn't know being condescending, insulting someone's ability to do their job, and mocking were considered funny but to each their own. Enjoy the rest of the season. I don't want to keep you from this beautiful display of Pistons basketball.

Please re-thread the thread. It was about you giving MC an excuse to play Tay at the 4, and me stating that the 2nd quarter when AI came back in FOR TAY lost the game. The conversation evolved out of that. You don't seem to understand that my problem is not that Ai came in, it's who he came in for.
  14. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Rockets need just 35 points to get 74 in the half. What is going on?