Dallas Feb. 3rd 2:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 1, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

That is why Joe D. took Stuckey rather than Crittenton, because he wanted a big guard who could not only learn from C-Bill how to use his size but would use his size to an advantage.

That is one reason why C Paul and D. Williams would maybe not be as good for us as Stuckey will be, because he is bigger and stronger than they are and we use that advantage with our guards both on offense and defense.

Could we change the system? Why should we and even if we did there is no guarantee that would be better. In fact considering the whole roster has been put together based upon how Joe D. envisions an NBA team playing and winning in today's NBA environment we would probably have to redo the whole team and system around Paul or Williams and that will never happen as long as Joe D. is running the show.

Considering our success as a team compared to the other 28, not counting San Antonio, why should we? Besides the Spurs are old and getting older, whereas we are adding youth so over the next five years we could still be at the top while the Spurs become a lottery team.

:hoops:
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think it is not coincidental that Joe D. was a big guard too.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Did anyone notice that Rip did not have a single point in the 1st half?

Has Rip been scoreless in a 1st half since being a Piston? What I meant here is that he started the game and played at least 10 minutes in the 1st half.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Big = chubby, not Big = tall. IIRC, JD was a 6'2" SG.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Isn't Chauncey 6'3"? They seem very similar to me. Both are strong, good defenders, can post up, and drop 3's with ease.

Obviously, there is no Zeke equiv here.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was a smaller world then. Remember when the Redskins' offensive line was big?
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It looks to me like Joe D was listed at 6'3", 190 lbs while Billups is 6'3", 202 lbs.

I have a hard time believing those weights though. They both seem heavier.
  8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Joe D. was a lot better on defense with his feet and positioning than C-Bill is. No way could C-Bill could have done anywhere near as good a job on Michael as Joe D. did and if we had Joe D. guarding Lebron last year and Wade the year before in the playoffs, we would have gotten to the Finals each year.

C-Bill is a lot stronger than Joe D. and that extra strength helps him on offense.

:hoops:
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

All I'm saying is that Joe D understands that big guards bring something to the game, even if they have certain weaknesses. He understands it because he was a big guard.

Definitely not saying that one is better than the other, or that they are exactly equal.