Dallas At Detroit - Mar 28, 2006 7:30

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by max, Oct 10, 2005.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Well, Dallas can compete with us. Nice win, tough win. Our edge isn't great but I did get the feeling that we are capable of making adjustments vs. them in a series. Thought we weren't up on their shooters enough, especially Dirk and Van Horn. We could have stayed tighter and dared them to drive into our bigs. I have seen Dirk defended that way in the west. Only Terry is a real danger to take it all the way.

Chauncey and Sheed woke up--they had been going through the motions some as I suspected. Nice to see Delk giving us points off of the bench, something we will need. Still would have like more passing on the offensive end.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

No ...keep in mind that nothing can keep our starting 6 from ' GOIN 2 Work!!!":fingerscr
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i usually dont do a Q-cap but here's why I dont fear the Mavs(much less anybody else) in a 7-game series...............
    1. I love my DVR. I hate missin the chat, but it keeps me from losing out on great sex!
    2. Only 7 turnovers against this supposedlt good Dallas D. We missed shots( Rip 6-14) and Free throws( BOng 0-5) or else, this would have been a blow out.
    3. 21 second chance points...Ben will be Ben when it counts in 2 areas..Mam-to-man D and offensive rebounds. Without that , he's dead to us. Dice looks like he got his palyoffs legs ready.
    4. Sheed 21 ...his post game brings OUT his three game. Like kelser said, he was very "balanced' tonight. He has to know, we need his post presence. ....and he's a better defensive player when his post game is on!
    5. The Big shot...proved my point!! Establish Chauncey early and Rip late!!Cuz Rip is gonna wear his man out by the 3/4th qtr but a stale CBill slows us to a crawl! 31 and 11a's! And outside of Jkidd( who has to beat Miami to get to us) who has a PG that can guard him! MOOO-hahahahah!

6. There is no way in ever freakinhell that Stack and vanHorn will 'average' 43 PPg against us in a 7game series. No way!!!

7. Dampier 5-5 FT's? Again ...NO WAY!!!

8. Bucks blow out Suns. They are toast. Amare is done and all the new guys(Diaw/Bell/Thomas) have hit the wall.

9. NBA Finals...Pistons in 6....BTW, Tparker took the night off in Clipper game...Spurs won anyway. We have HCA in our lap!

10. and lastly......Delfino talkin and poppin up on Stack deserves Flip's respect!!!! I feel soooooo good., that....well..........and as Cleavon Little said in Blazin saddles .."Where all the white women at?"
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and how da hell did North Carolina NOT win a NCAA title with Carter, Stack, Sheed and McInnis???????????:eyebrows:
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

From the Detroit News: Flip Saunders came over to Mavericks coach Avery Johnson after the Pistons' spirited 97-90 victory Tuesday and said: "I would like to do this seven more times in about three months."

Gee Flip, I'd rather it be fewer than seven games. I woulda said, "Avery, I hope we see you in three months and we sweep your ass."
  6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The 'chat' is definitely my personal best feature of this forum.

GREAT game. Finally we win the battle of 'Points In The Paint'. Sheed definitely has good post up move. When he gets down low, good things happen. Even if he miss shots in the post, Ben would be there to grab the offensive rebounds as well as putbacks. Wish we can see more of this in the playoffs.

9-12 from 3 point land. Simply AWESOME. Been saying all season long that we should only try 12 to 15 threes a game and when we do it playing 'inside outside' game, we will make more than 50% of such threes.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I saw the last 2 Qs. Impressed with how good of shooters Dirk and Van Horn are. They only missed about 2 or 3 all the 2sd half. Dirk gave up the ball to his mates plenty. Pretty unselfish.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

great game for us!! make a few more free throws and bring it the whole game (there were a few lapses), and we'd have won by 10-15.
  9. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Best Decision of the Night

Late in forth quarter with Sheed holding the ball at mid post looking for somewhere to pass it Chauncey simply points toward the baseline under the hoop. That motion seemed to say it all. The rest is history as Sheed proceeded to give Dirk the business from that point on.

Kudos to Mr. Big Shot for finally being the floor general by pointing out the way.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dirks D was a little sad. He didn't even open his hand all the way when shot blocking. Could not Defend the fall away.
  11. lemonpen

After watching the New Jersey debacle I was pretty uncomfortable going into this game. Beating the Mavs feels good but what does this body better is seeing us have a solid solution for Diggler.

Dirk is no answer to Sheed in the post, or anywhere else for that matter.

It was a thing of beauty watching Ben size-up Dirk in the first quarter. Ben got low, put a forearm on Nowitskis hip, and just watched how well Dirk protected the ball while dribbling, watched where the ball went as Dirk picked up his dribble, and watched how well Dirk shielded the ball on a drive.
    Then sure enough a little later Ben picks Dirk clean.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah but we had no answer for Dirk from 15 ft. out as he kept his team within 2 all nite.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There is no answer for some guys. Dirk has only scored under 17 once this year! That means that nobody can stop him.

The key is making him shoot a relatively low %, which we did.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

WoW TaS, I'll have to check the box to see if 60% is "relatively low" shooting. Only Stack, did we slow down and he still got off some sick shots.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not really sure where you are coming from. Dirk shot 9 for 23 (39%... he averages 48% this year). He didn't hit any 3's either.

Dirk- 25 points on 23 shots
    Chauncey- 31 points on 14 shots.

I would say that we did a good job in making Dirk inefficient.

Meanwhile, Stack shot 61% and had a very good game for him.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, I was way off base on that. I saw the 2sd half and Dirk was hot.
  17. lemonpen

Dirk got most of his scoring after defensive switches took Ben elsewhere. Bens quickness gave Dirk problems on the perimeter aswell.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If Ben is on you, you got problems.