D. Howard requests a trade to Nets...... AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Unreal... D. Howard request a trade to the Nets. When will the league put a stop to this non sense? In my opinion D. Howard is immature and not a leader. A team will never win a championship with him as their center piece. He simply doesn't have the stones to sand by his decisions so how can a team follow him?

Magic GM: Howard has indeed reissued trade request - Yahoo! Sports
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed. Talk about handcuffing your team. It's one thing to make a private request to your GM to be traded, but to hand pick ONE team that you want to play for isn't fair and shouldn't be allowed.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    what else is new with that?
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Vyacheslav Kravtsov is heading to the Pistons...and Dwight Howard may be on his way out of Orlando. How quickly the balance of power can shift in this league.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Most teams will be looking for a big guy to counter the VyachKrav move.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Nets just traded for Joe Johnson. It'll be a very difficult proposition to also acquire Dwight Howard if they also want to keep Deron Williams.
  7. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I don't really mind Dwight. I think he is a bit silly, but also believe that a lot of what has been going on has been blown out of proportion to make a story.

Orlando wasn't built to win, so he wants to go. I can't really disagree with that.
  8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Why waive the opt out option and comeback for another year when he could have stayed a free agent and went to any team he wanted come July 1st? Now that the Nets seem to be tired of his act Dwight looks really silly now.

Only in the NBA can the players hold the franchise hostage and make demands. If I was Orlando I would ship him to whatever team that would give up a high #1 draft pick. Let him spend a year in Toronto or Sacramento.
  9. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I think he will end up in Houston. Orlando doesn't want picks, they want cap space. And since they some of the most onerous contracts in the NBA, I think that is fair.

I don't agree with the second point. On one level, I don't think that NBA teams are actually held hostage by the whims of their players, I think that we only hear about it when their whining actually has an impact - which is likely only to ever be in 1% of cases. Villenueva has probably been complaining about court time for months. Does anyone hear about it? No, because nothing is going to come of it.

And secondly, even if they do - as would appear is happening with Dwight - you have to understand that fans don't watch management. They watch the players. The players have a lot of power because of the fact that they are the players. And not everyone who gets paid $x million a year is going to turn out like Steve Nash. Some players will make demands, and just like LeBron, his demands aren't being met - namely to play in a contending team. Should he have opted out? Of course. But you also don't know the story behind that. Orlando could have made promises to trade him if he had opted in to a team of his choosing. In fact, I think that this is the likely case.

"Dwight, we know you want to go. Can you please re sign with the team as a last act of loyalty and help us out, and we will trade you to where you want."
    coynejeremy likes this.
  10. max

max All-Star

This is a unique situation and I can't believe its still going on. Why just sign for 1 year in the 1st place? Its just as much managements fault as it is Dwight's and does not sound like his agent is on top of this either. Should either sign multi-year or not. But to stay and start wanting to reshape the whole team to what you would have wanted had you wanted to stay. How can anyone in Orlando enjoy next season.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah they got Joe J, and traded away 5 players and a protected first round pick..... since when was Joe worth that much? If the Nets resign Deron, then you are right, they won't any cash left over DHoward and no tradeable assets that the Magic would want either.
  12. max

max All-Star

Why wait until its too late to make this demand. He must have a real bad agent.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

So tired of this circus. Dwight should have opted out. The Magic's FO were stupid to try to keep a guy who didn't want to be there any longer; they should've just taken what they could and ran with it when the Nets actually had assets to offer. Both parties have no one to blame but themselves.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

To be fair, Howard said he wanted to play for the Nets but would play for any team this year. He will not sign anywhere else though.
  15. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Am I the only one here who really enjoy stuff like this and The Decision? I hope we get more of it so I have more juicy articles to read during the NBA offseason. The more offended fan bases, the better.
    linwood and BallDon'tLie like this.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, this one doesn't bother me at all.
  17. max

max All-Star

Magic Dwight Howard trade: Don't count out an Orlando Magic Dwight Howard trade just yet - Orlando Sentinel
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Panda likes this.
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

So, if the Nets have their way and they have Williams-Joe Johnson-Gerald Wallace-<filler>-Howard. Is that quartet bigger than the Heat's trio? The problem is they won't have anybody but rookies and washed up vets to fill the gap.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah...well the heat had a rookie in Cole, 2 year vet in Chalmers and and bunch of so called washed up vets in Miller, Howard, Joel, Udonis and Battier to fill the void and they did it. But the Nets won't have a Lebron to take over a game..though