Clippers Feb 12 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 8, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

Clippers Feb 12 7:30PM

tv: FSN - NBALP
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Los Angeles Boat Show at the LA Convention Center and Staples Center sent both the Lakers and Clippers on extended east coast road trips that neither were prepared for and both will come home with their tails between their legs. The Lakers went 3-5 and the Clippers are currently 2-4 and the Pistons hope to send them back home 2 and 5.

The Clippers come into the Piston game with a record of 25-26 and are barely holding on to the 8th and final spot in the tough wild-wild west. Needless to say that are the most underachieving team in the west and have struggled out on the road going 8-18. They are 0-12 in back to back road games.:jaw:

Ever since Dunleavy got a new contract extension in mid December, the team has played uninspired ball, often blowing big leads in the 4th or giving up big runs like they did to the Pacers today of 16-0 and like they did last Tuesday to the Knicks when they were outscored 24-4 to start third quarter.

Elton Brand the face of the franchise is still putting up decent numbers scoring almost 21 a game and almost 10 boards and 2 blocks. After that is a fall off of consistency.

Corey Megette their second leading scorer often plays with a chip on his shoulder, fighting with the coach and shoots first before looking to a team mate. He is normally the first player off the bench but claims he doesn't get enough minutes. Quinton Ross is actually the starting SF, but plays no more than 15 mpg and averages about 6ppg.

The PG Sam Cassell is the 3rd leading scored on the team at 15 ppg and 5.5 assists, but is often injured and sore, so again the inconsistency of him being there day in and day out is missing.

Cuttino Mobley is their 4th leading scorer at 12.6 ppg and is one of their outside threats along with Tim Thomas who is actually there just to shoot 3's.

Their center Chris Kaman is one of the disappointments. He started off on target last year before an injury sidelined him and it appears that he has not been able to get out of his funk. His numbers 9.7 ppg and 7.7 boards. He cut his hair and lost his Samson strength. He plays better with Sam in there than Shaun Livingston.

Speaking of Livingston he is another enigma. With Cassell starting the season off recovering from injuries, Shaun was thrown into the starting lineup and the team has had its ups and downs with him running the point. He leads the team in both assists and steals. He is still only 3 years removed from high school and has a lot of potential, but he maybe with the wrong team. He would probably be great handling the Pistons backup pg. Everybody wants him, but the Clippers are reluctant to give him up as they have the history of letting players go who wind up being super stars unless the Clips hold on to them to long and ruin their careers. (Benoit Benjamin, Khandi man etc)

They have also signed Doug Christie to his second 10 day contract. ???

The Pistons should win this one going away as long as they hit them hard in the first half and not allow them to get up.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks for the scouting report DRE.
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ditto. It's great to get first hand info about teams I don't see very much.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah Dre, we always complain that the Pistons get hosed with their schedule at the Palace but the Clips and Lakers got kicked on the road for 2 weeks cause Grammys got next.
    Ps 98 Cs 89
  6. LA Dre

Yeah I forgot to mention the Grammy show which was held at Staples is right next door to the convention center where the boat show was.

It takes the Grammy folks at least a week or more to setup for that event, but apparently only a day to take it down since the Knicks will be there tomorrow to face the Lakers.

Look for me in section 210 pulling for the NY Zekes.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

"Look for me in section 210 pulling for the NY Zekes."
    Hopefully you won't need a gun backup.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Max's first post at the top of the thread lists this game as being on FSN Detroit, but for us non-local viewers, it's going to be on NBATV, and I believe it'll be on in hi-def as well. I get the NBATV hi-def games on the INHD channel.
  9. LA Dre

Its is supposed to be on NBA TV here too. I just hope my satillite provider doesn't black it out it on that channel since the local affiliate is showing it on an hour delay.:mad:
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It sucks being in the chat room on an hour delay.
  11. LA Dre

I know. If that is what going to happen, then I will probably avoid the chat tonight and just watch the delay.

And oh by the way those without NBA TV, there is a free preview this week (2/10-2/19) that you can catch any televised games and etc. up through Thursday as well as round the clock All-Star behind-the-scenes activity that TNT won't show. Scroll thru your satellite or cable guides for this channel.
  12. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

7th in a row today. Clippers havent beaten Detroit since 2002 and it wont change today. 11-2 with Chris Webber after this game. Detroit by 15 is my guess.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The game from Clipper.com perspective

[​IMG]
    :: Rasheed Wallace to make it a rough night on Elton Brand with his rangy defensive prowess. E.B.'s numbers have tailed off as the road trip's progressed. He's averaging a subpar 13ppg on 39% shooting over the last two contests. Wallace is coming off of a stellar showing versus Toronto two nights ago in which he scored 28 points while limiting East All-Star starting power forward Chris Bosh to 14 points. His length figures to give Brand difficulty and he's a confident player at the moment. The Clippers will likely need to find offense elsewhere in this game.
    :: Guard play to determine this game's outcome. The tandem of Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton are as good as it gets in the NBA the way that they play off of and complement one another. Billups is a 6-3, 202 physically strong force who's known for his clutch shot-making and protection of the ball (currently second in the NBA with a 3.6:1 assist to turnover ratio). Hamilton's in perpetual motion around many, many screens that will be set for him and then a dead eye mid to long range shooter when he springs free. The Clippers stable of Sam Cassell, Shaun Livingston, Cuttino Mobley, Doug Christie and Quinton Ross must bring "A" games all if L.A. is to compete in this one.
    :: Corey Maggette's scoring thrust to return in reserve in this game. Maggette, absent in Philly and Cleveland due to flu-like symptoms, looked rusty in his return to action Sunday in Indy scoring just 8 points while turning the ball over 5 times. His athleticism, ability to get to the rim both in transition and the half court and pride to perform at a high level versus this type of team figures to serve the Clippers well in this game. Don't be surprised by a big showing by Maggette.
    :: Chris Kaman to be better inside than he was Sunday versus the Pacers when he made just 3-14 shots. Kaman's a Wyoming, Michigan native and will be jazzed for his homecoming with family and friends in the stands at the Palace of Auburn Hills. He should be able to manuever effectively inside against slow footed Chris Webber providing him with the opportunity to play a big offensive role in this game. His ability to finish on the interior will go a long way towards determining the club's chances of pulling off an upset because he will have ample opportunity to be a game swaying force.
  14. roscoe36

BREAKING NEWS

Elton Brand will not be playing tonight. He is out with back spasms.

Per WDFN 1130AM
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

OH YEAH!!!!:hoops:
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

wow!! Maybe my favorite PLAYER in the league. He's somebody I just love to watch on both ends of the court. He's a teamamtes teamate. Those are guys who dont go on the injured list, kick themselves out of games, or needs the ball 30 times a game to make a difference.Here's my all teammate teams (which features four pistons BTW):

FIRST TEAM:
    F- BRAND, LAC
    F- DUNCAN, SA
    C- BEN, CHI
    G- BILLUPS, DET
    G- WADE, MIA

SECOND TEAM:
    F- WEBBER, DET
    F- NOWITZKI,DALL
    C- HOWARD, ORL
    G- NASH, PHX
    G- HAMILTON, DET

THIRD TEAM:
    F- HOWARD, DALL
    F- PRINCE, DET
    C- MARION, PHX
    G- PARKER, SA
    G- GINOBLI, SA

These guys do whatever it takes to win. they fight thru screens, hit th big shots and dont choke Under pressure. i'LL give U Lebron, Arenas, and all these sugar-sweet guys versus my guys and we'd wipe them out ..4-0 EVERYTIME!!!!!!!!!!
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BTW, NBATV just showed 10 of Kobe Bryants best dunks..all IN GAME PLAYS. I just fell out my chair. I still think he might be the most underated superstar ever...
  18. roscoe36

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i got 24 on dvr!!!:pound:
  20. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

That was good to know. I thought I had to watch the game on the crappy NBA channel. i can't believe you have to pay that much for crappy reception. channel 90 is my woohoo bar.