Clippers Are Now A Prime Target For A Pistons Trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, May 20, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Now with the LA Clippers obviously taking Blake Griffin, this will create a log jam of big men.

Kaman will fit here nicely. Tayshaun is from Cally thereby sending him home to play in his home state. The pistons could get a package deal done that may not only get us Kaman but we could conceivably end up with both Kaman and Camby. That would be sweet.

Then take Eric Maynor with the #15, he is the most NBA ready, trade Rip/Amir for a bonafide defensive minded SF(Marvin Williams).

Lots of possibilities out there.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I concur AG...lets send everyone home, which means if we need more players to get both Kaman and Camby, send Amir back to LA too.

Or if they don't want to give up the two tallest guys on their roster in Kaman and Camby then we just do a home and collegiate swap by sending them Tay and Amir, and we take CMU's Kaman and MSU's Randolph. I know Zach is a wild card, but the 20/10 when he plays was better than the 3/5 when Amir played. :stirthepot:
  3. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Hey Armygirl,

I like your thinking but how do you propose we'd end up with BOTH Camby and Kaman? I'm on board with Marvin Williams but I think we should try and package a couple of our second rounders to get a second first rounder or include them in a trade but by no means do I think we need 3 2nd round picks on this team next year.
  4. Tha Locstah

I'm not a big fan of Randolph coming here. HE is a cancer if there is such a thing. We don't need anyone who isn't going to give 110% EVERY night.
  5. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I like this idea alot..if we could get Kaman and Camby that would be a big upgrade over what we have now. Although Kaman isn't a superstar he could be a piece in our rebuilding. I like this route better than trading for the Wizards pick (don't really like this draft at all).

The only thing I'm scared of is the curse of Amir Johnson, you know he's such an intregal part of our team that if we trade him we could be setting ourselves back for 10-20 years.
  6. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Yeah I agree about Randolph..if we had a better coach who could manage such personalities I would feel better, but with Curry coaching I wouldn't trade for him.
  7. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Would the team react to Randolph like they did to AI? Not thinking that is a good fit.
  8. LA Dre

We got to take some chances on one of these cancers whether it is Artest, Randolph, Starbury, Jr Smith, Carmella; etc.....one thing for certain only Dice gave 110% for the Pistons last season, so lets rid ourselves of all of those loafers.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You would think the Clippers would have had a better record last year with all the great big men they had.

Also, maybe the Pistons should draft someone from LA/Cali just in case they need to include them in a future trade to the Clippers?
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Are you suggesting they make Dyess the centerpiece of their rebuilding effort?
  11. Tha Locstah

I agree with you about getting rid of loafers but why do HAVE TO take a chance on anyone who's considered a cancer?
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

B/c Kander has the cure for cancer and he is keeping it within the organization.
  13. LA Dre

Problem is, that the great former coach Mike Dunleavy has slumped to Mike Curry's level and guys like Baron Davis questioned his coaching skills.

The real issue with the Clippers is that they didn't have an Arnie Frozen Banana Man Kander to keep guys on the bench. In addition to Kaman sitting out 50 games, Baron Davis missed 17 games, Zach only played 39 of the 65 games he was there for, Camby missed 20 games and Ricky Davis missed 40 games.

If all those guys had been healthy, they would have still missed the playoffs, but probably would have won more than the 39 that Pistons managed to win. :stirthepot:
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They probably wouldn't have ended up with such a nice draft pick if they had stayed healthy though.

Maybe Kander is to blame because he doesn't allow the team to realize its natural tanking abilities through injury.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Prince-Kaman and Prince-Camby trades both seem to work salary-wise.
  16. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Its all about whether you're willing to have sooooooo much money tied up in one injury prone center who the jury is till very much out on, and another injury prone center at the tail end of his career that can't defend the pick and roll to save his own stash of weed.

Zach Randolph? Are we really THAT desperate? I hope it is not the same people who have been hating on Joe D that are now saying we should trade for Zach Randolph.

Zach Randolph? :skull:

Anyone remember the sheer disbelief around the L when a team actually took his bloated salary and baggage off NY's hand's? Or the end of game three point shot he took that almost killed the ball boy, a very short ball boy?

The Sports Guy Bill Simmons: Cavaliers-Clippers debacle sums up the 'Dumbleavy Era' - ESPN Page 2

Or how about this fan's analysis of the same play: "I think Randolph's 3 might have been the single dumbest thing I've ever seen a professional athlete do during a game. And really, 'dumb' is not the way to describe it. It was lazy, and basically a big Eff-You to everyone on that team and in the building..."

Zach (expletive) Randolph? :mmph:
  17. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

I can't be the only one on here that is completely underwhelmed with the Clippers' stable of bigs. Camby may have been a nice pick-up 4 or 5 years ago.

edited to add: I see theWORM swooped in just before my post and agreed with me.
  18. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I'd rather have Darko than any of those guys.

Zach Randolph has one use, and one use only, and that's getting your team into position to win the lottery.

Kaman is the most overpaid archer in the world.

Camby is just getting old.
  19. kermo

kermo Second Round Draft Pick

Detroit will be around $18.23 million under the salary cap.

Weekend Dime: Lockout FAQ - NBA - ESPN
    "On Feb. 18, Stern authorized the dispatch of a memo to all 30 teams projecting a drop in the salary cap... to $57.3 million in 2009-10"

Detroit can take on either, Camby's or Kaman's contract, but not both. Financially, Randolph is out of the question. If Randolph were acquired, he wouldn't leave any salary space under the cap, ie no money to sign free agents.

All the Pistons have to do is send back is a future second round pick or cash since salaries will not have to match. The Clippers and their owner Donald Sterling who has a reputation for cost cutting would be happy to offload that salary.
  20. kermo

kermo Second Round Draft Pick

Camby is also an expiring contract. If the Pistons want to preserve their 2010 capspace he's a good one year rental option.