Cleveland Oct 22 7:30PM

Discussion in 'October 2008' started by max, Oct 17, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

my handle is baltimore42 incase you guys want to chat me up over there.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My handle is lbjcavsx23.

Oh my goodness, I think they even let Darth into that chat....

3. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

Samb moves really well for how tall he is. He seems to have good balance...if he can get his basketball IQ up there, we could have a dominating front court of Johnson/Samb in a couple of years.

Nice to see Amir putting up a full stat line.
    Nice to see Prince still has some game.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound:

:pound::pound:

5. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

When I heard that my mouth dropped and eyes were bugged out like this :eek:

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The weird thing about his 3 was that there was nothing weird about it. Looked pretty natural. Sheed-like almost.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Lots more fun watching the game. Thanks to OBM on the old board for the link.

Wow. Amir continually is found at the front of fast breaks. Amir gets the ball up top, dribbles in, draws defenders, kicks out - like a guard. His best move to the basket resulted in him missing an easy 2 footer, but you know those will drop soon. Four blocks at least. Lots of bounds. Excellent play. Third quarter saw us go way up from a 40-40 tie. Lots of that was Amir.

Sheed. O-8 to start. He then did get one score inside, made two free throws, and hit a triple. But a very, very slow start.

JMAX. Pretty awesome on offense around the basket. Unfortunately, terrible at line. He did hit a couple of free throws at the end of the game. Hopefully, his free throw shooting will straighten out as the season begins.

Kwame. DNP. I know he has missed some practice for some minor injury.

Samb. A block. A triple made. Looked good shooting it too, in garbage time.

Dyess. Hit a few shots. Got inside once for an easy one when they were not looking. But unfortunately, Dyess is still into just one thing, taking outside shots. He has got to add to his offensive game, or he will not help us. His defense was just not that good, just too slow on lateral movement.

Herrmann. Hit a triple. His poor D gave up about 13 points in 7 minutes. And Cleveland was being kind to him at that. Since this was a meaningless game, and the game was not close, Cleveland worked on other things for several plays rather than pick on Herrmann. But if the game was close and meant anything, Cleveland could have scored every single time by exploiting the lead feet of Herrmann. Every single time. Herrmann does not belong in the NBA game. (details: The Pistons were trying their best to cover for Herrmann, but Cleveland was continually exploiting the resulting poor defensive positioning of our players.)

Prince. Hitting his shots, helping with the guard duties, great D as always. Fine game.

Rip. Hit a bunch of shots. Got to the basket plenty too. Very much needed. Make them guard that basket, free up the outside shots.

Billups. Nothing spectacular. Good solid play.

Afflalo. Good solid D. Helped control the ball well.

Acker and Bynum got to play just a bit. Acker made a hoop off a spin move.

And finally, Stuckey, the guy who absolutely stole the show - save for Amir's play anyway. What a game. Cleveland had no answer for Stuckey. Stuckey got into the lane at will. If they did play off him enough to prevent the drives, Stuckey just calmly nailed a J. Best way to describe Stuckey's game: Pure Speed.

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Somebody please tell me the shot clock was down to 3 :cold:

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, that link was pretty good. Not a bad feed for the price (free). Thanks, Roscoe for posting it!

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Still it even shocked Austin Carr and Fred Mc-Loud as they talked about it for a few extra seconds. It did look his natural shot though. I might trust him taking that shot more so than Sheed:nod::laugh: What was Sheed another dismal 2-12 I don't care shooting effort...

FG % for my two Pistons I drafted last night Stuckey and Prince were over 70% which is good, but they both need to fill out some more stats or they are going on the trading block.

My Fantasy MVP from last year LBJ, rested tonight as I need him to be ready for a long season...(but need his team to mediocre though:))

Started off slow tonight but excellent second half for the Pistons. Amir is looking good and active. Maybe an early combo of Rodman and Big Ben

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah I bookmarked it last week when lpgrl posted it and became a member then. I was just about to post the link tonight but Roscoe beat me to the punch.

I was able to watch a Red Wings game on there later that week and then a found a Lions [STRIKE]game[/STRIKE] exercise in futility, by going to the link on Sunday and it referred me to another link. Ustream.TV search: sports - Shows, People, Videos. Live and recorded video clips, chat rooms, photos, .TV channels, events, news.
    where after joining it, I found the Texans teasing the lions...:)

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey is ripped. And he moves so quickly with so much control. It's so nice to know that he's signed up for 3 years for hardly anything.

The physical strength of our 2nd unit is impressive.

Stuck/Afflalo/Herrmann/Max/Dyess can all play physical ball and make the other team uncomfortable.

Not only will these guys play a bigger role this year and save our starters energy, but our bench should be able to take a physcial toll on other teams' starters when they meet up.

So much fun to watch.

I totally forgot Kwame Brown was even on the team until after the game was over and I looked at the box score. Anything he can do for us will be gravy.

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

no game report from me...gave my tix away to my sister and bro-in-law. i called him up and asked about the game and he said amir was flying all over the place and looked good, and same about stuckey.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I can't believe the media is trying to discredit this win last night. They're acting like this LeBron James fellow plays a key role for Cleveland.

15. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

If Cleveland didn't have LeBron James they would be worst then the Knicks.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He'd be Herrrrrman's back-up if he played for Detroit. Ben and Sczerbiak make that team go.