Cleveland - November 28

Discussion in 'November 2007' started by BillLaimbeer, Nov 27, 2007.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Cavaliers travel to the Palace the day after going to overtime with the Celtics. The Cavs used only 8 players and all of the Cleveland starters went 40+ minutes:

James 46 min.
    Pavlovic 43 min.
    Gooden 43 min.
    Gibson 41 min.
    Ilgauskas 40 min.

Meanwhile, the Pistons have had the last two days off. We'll see if it makes a difference.

Game time : 7:30 eastern
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I noticed that and was waiting for this thread to be put up to comment on it. Even though there is a strong rivalry between the Cavs and Pistons I think the Cavs will also suffer some kind of emotional let down tomorrow after tonights win.

We have no excuse for not winning tomorrow.

:hoops:
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Is Sheed scheduled to play in this one?
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great game between the Celtics and Cavs...Agree that the real Pistons should be well rested enough to win this one as the Cavs should be playing off emotions and Fred McLeod's exhuberance, but the question is which Piston team will show up?? The one that is smarting from last years ouster or the passive one that played in last years ECF...:confused:
  5. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Knowing Detroit, knowing Lebron, knowing the kind of play they tend to do, well, I'll play the pessimist in this one.

Pistons give it away.

Gone are the guarantees, Sheed.

Well, surprise me Pistons. I'm never giving up. :nerd2:
  6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

James back to bedevil Pistons

Both Sheed & Rip is expected to play. Z will not have enough legs to last the whole game, Boobie and the rest would not have enough legs to shoot jumpers above 40%, no excuse to lose this game. Simply no excuse.

Hopefully, someone in the Piston uniform will make sure Gooden do not score more than 10 pts. He's been talking too much bout this rivalry.
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Which is precisely why they will probably allow some ballboy off the CLE bench to go for 30 tonight and come up short.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Damn I was kinda hoping Rip didn't play or they brought him off the bench due to the flu or something and Afflalo got the start. I really don't want to see Gibson or Pavlovic (sp?) go for 37.

I have a feeling this game will be painful. Luckily i have class from 6:30 to 9:20. The drive home after that should be enough time for me to miss the game. The last thing i need is getting home to us being down 2 points and Lebron dunking on somebody. I'm Tivo'ing and only watching if they win.

Memo to Flip, play the right ppl off the bench please.

edited to add;

I just read the article. Did Flip Saunders not watch the SAS/CLE series? They trapped James. He got the ball back, they trapped him again. DG dominated us b/c Chauncey Billups let him.
  9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

without varejao there to get flop calls i can't see us losing this game
  10. LA Dre

The way they looked vs the Celtics last night, them maybe one sideshow Bob away from returning to the ECF this year vs....the Celtics:yellowprison:

I don't want to be a pessimist, but we may have witnessed a the preview of the ECF last night.

However I will be an optimist here and say that the 2008 ECF matchup will be the Pistons vs Magic
  11. buddahfan

As I recall they didn't look any better last night in fact even worse than the Magic did when the Magic beat the Celtics in Florida, because it took the Cavs overtime to beat the Celtics whereas the Magic did it in regulation.

So I guess we will be looking at an ECF of the Magic vs the Cavs, which I think actually has a real possibility of happening.

12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the magic have 0 chance of getting to the ECF if they play detroit in the 1st or 2nd round
  13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

OMG, the NBA season is what? 13-15 games old and you guys are talking ECF already!!!!!!???

Relax folks, relax...............
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Orlando started with a similar record last year I think.

I like their Ariza for Cook/Evans trade though.
  15. LA Dre

Remember that's how Sheed and Billups look at it too...these first 82 games mean nothing to them...:)
  16. buddahfan

Who has been to the ECF most recently Orlando or the Celtics?

I rest my case.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Only 25 points from the starting backcourt and the Pistons win by 35. I like seeing that. A lot.
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

With Lebron injuring his finger on a Nazr foul in the 2nd quarter and missing the entire 2nd half, the Pistons' starters pushed a 5 pt halftime lead out to almost 20 by the end of the 3rd, and then the 4th was garbage time on the way to a 35 point blowout. The Pistons did have great ball movement all night long, with 16 assists on 21 FGs in the first half, but the Cavs kept it close at that point thanks to a few lucky shots and star calls for LeMessiah. No doubt about the outcome once he got hurt, but it was encouraging to see the Pistons fiercely attacking through the lane in the 3rd quarter and wasting no time blowing it open once they got the chance.
  20. buddahfan

When it comes to Cleveland vs Detroit this is just another example of how the media loves the Cavs and hates us. But then Lage has had a lifetime membership in the hate Pistons writers club for a long time.

Lage does eventually write a few words about us in the article. How lovely nice of him.

NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers/Detroit Pistons Recap Wednesday November 28, 2007 - Yahoo! Sports