Cleveland Nov 19 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

These two guys are actually the exact same height (6'10"). The photo was just taken at a strange angle.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I also noticed in those game tapes that there was definitely a shooter on the grassy knoll.:nerd2:
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

It wouldn't be so bad if Tayshaun wasn't so obvious about it. I mean, he does this after every shot AI takes...

[​IMG]
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Actually, it's pretty much common knowledge that I'm the one who wants another 'ship more than anyone else.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There was a possession late in the game, but right before Prince was checking back in. He was roaming up and down the sideline like a coach and screaming and pointing at Piston players like they were screwing up. Very strange sequence. MC was sitting in his seat and didn't look upset at all.

If you have it on the DVR still, take a look.
  6. BallDon'tLie

Tayshaun Prince should absolutely be the captain of this team.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah...Tayshaun was taking charge from the sidelines. I'd assume they were screwing up.

Well BDL...I haven't mentioned it before but I want it twice as much as you do and three times as much as the other guy does.
  8. BallDon'tLie

Dang, ...TWICE as much as me?
    I had no idea bills.

ok, I guess I'm #2 on the "wanting to win it" list.

Perhaps a strongly worded essay on "What Another 'Ship Would Mean to Me Personally" would allow me to regain the top spot.
    ...I'm gonna go get my Thesaurus.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think it is his son.
  10. roscoe36

Definitely a consequence of camera angle deficit during the pre-game shoot around. I'm sure they got it corrected by gametime.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Imagine what they could have done to this team with Chris Kaman instead of Sheed?

AI has this rep as a defensive gambler who puts his team in jeopardy by going for steals. I haven't seen that and it definitely wasn't the case the last night. To me, he was most responsible defensively for turning things around.

CLE plays so many guards that it's a good match-up for AI. I had 1 foot off the AI bandwagon after the first half, but he played great in the 2nd. No way they win that with you know who at the point (or you know who at the helm).

This Sheed 3 thing is really out of hand. DET will play teams like BOS or PHO and KG and Amare will put up points by shooting 85% jumpers but all people will talk about is the beating they put on the Pistons.

Is Sheed playing better because of more minutes?

I might take minutes from Stuckey to get AA on the floor. I think a smaller stronger man is better on LeBron. You want him to post and not get going forward.

I do feel special for TGRH tag, lpg. I am on a roll nickname-wise as I also coined the term Giant Turd but did not assign it to Kwame.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I totally agree with this. Lebron has developed a jumper, but it's still not great. You need a strong defender who can stay in front of him and hold position. AA seems very well suited.
  13. BallDon'tLie

I my recollection is correct, the Giant Turd nickname was a matter of timing. It just-so-happended that Joe signed KB pretty much the day after the Giant Turd dicussion took place (initiated by you Ernie). The fact that the nickname actually fits the reputation that Kwame has forged for himself is what I find hilarious.

Giant Turd was a ficticious player until Joe made him a reality.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. Many people talk about AI's lack of D. He's no All-League Defense by any means, but he is getting the job done. There are other Pistons in which there are bigger concerns on defense than AI.
  15. prodigy

prodigy Second Round Draft Pick

Also cavs have be a horrible 3rd Q team for 3 years now. So im not giving to much credit to tandoori. Also boobie gibson has been off for some reason. he missed 3 wide open three's. AI's def sucks.

Im not ready to sit here and say pistons are back and there the new front runners in the east just because they beat a tired cavs team at home. sheed is the most streaky shooter in the world. He made his shots last night, but we also seen him brick the same shots, then get mad and thrown out of the game.

So great win that they needed. But cavs are not going anywhere.
  16. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

AA is a one man break away.
  17. prodigy

prodigy Second Round Draft Pick

I disagree with you on a few points. Also got some questions.

1. yes AI is know as a gambler, But every player is at times. MO went for 25 with some huge shots where AI was nowhere to be found. also AI was stuffed 3 times. Cavs guards did a nice job on him, esp in the first half where he was a non-factor. really only had 1 good play in the 2nd half which was the 3.

2. If CB was still at the point for you guys, MO wiliams would not have gone for 25. Its not like AI was the reason the pistons won.

3. sheed had to shoot the 3's, because Ben and AV won't give him anything down low.

4. Don't you fans get tired of the announcer guy who says deeeeeetroitttt basketball? If he did it at key times of the game, then it would be pretty cool. but he does it for every TO, every timeout called, Every quater, just gets stupid.

5. Why does all the pistons fans go oooooo, wooooooo whenever AI dribbles? He could not even lose big Z.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    I saw that happen, here, like 2 pieces of Lego.
  19. roscoe36

Only one good scoring play? Not even, that play where AI gave up the 3 and drove to the paint, then pulled the turnaround was gorgeous.

But keep believing your guards did a good job on him. They finished with 4 & 5 fouls respectively.

It doesn't matter who goes for 25 or not. Williams was -9, and AI was a +7. I will take a +7 performance any day. You don't win games by scoring a lot of points individually. You win games when your team scores more than the other team collectively.

You don't watch Sheed enough. If he could, he would only shoot left handed half court shots. Trust me.

You hear it a lot more when you are getting your butt whupped as the visiting team. Which coincidentally is what happened last night. :)

AI has more talent than the entire Cavs frontcourt combined. People can see the talent.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think AI was nowhere to be found on Mo Williams because he wasn't guarding him.

AI's and 1 drive when DET was getting the short end of the stick was a heady veteran move that Larry Bird would make.

Curry was very impressive in this game particularly when DET wasn't getting any calls. I've been waiting for that for 3 years.

I more said that Joe could sign a GT and I’d be online buying a jersey the next day in blind support. The fine readers of this forum took it from there. I might have to get that jersey by the by.