Cleveland Nov 19 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Yes that was the thing that game. Pistons pulled ahead with AI, Stucky, Afflalo, Maxiel and Sheed. I also thought Amir played great when he was in which was not too much. Kwame made some decent plays in the 2nd half after not doing anything in the 1st. Sheed, Tay and AI were the ones who kept it close though.

Going to have to find more mins for Afflalo, Stucky and Amir.

Pretty good game. We still do have the better team outside of Lebran.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, it just didn't seem like there was any chance we were going to come back at about the half way point. Scoring was too hard to come by, we couldn't get jumpers to fall... but our D kept them from running away with it and everyone started doing their thing. Points in the paint domination for once. AI scoring a bunch inside. Sheed was big on the boards and obviously with the 3-point bombs. I think he gets up for it when he plays against Z.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Well said.

However, he can be the #1 option, at times. The thing is what a weapon to have him as the #2 or #3 option!

And, I believe AI wants to win a tiltle more than all of us on this forum combined, and will do whatever it takes to secure that title. I think what is going to surprise most about AI is his ability to pass the ball.

4. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

At first i want you to remember 2001 nba finals.

For the second, you didn't understand my point.I don't want AI to take 30 shots a game.I'm trying to say if a guy is hot (AI,Rip,Max,AA etc. doesn't important) you need to give the ball to him for the team's sake.Espcially in the 4th quarter.

But Prince doesn't give the ball to anyone else other than sheed and rip.He took 12 shots in 33 mins and made 4 of it, scored 9...This is the point.It's not about AI or his individual statistics ...

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I haven't watched this game, but i hope people will stop trading Sheed "hypothetically" after now (at least for a few games)

And AA is still a defensive god. Best +/- in limited minutes. MC stop shutting him out of the 1st half! It's not rocket science. Also glad to hear Amir did well in his minutes. Hope those two get more time.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

And i DVR'ed it which usually means a loss. Go figure LOL
    I love how this is the standard excuse now for Rip whenever he plays bad. Ernie IIRC coined the term. He should feel special. It's universal now LOL.

Agreed. It's great how crunch time rolls around and he's all of a sudden a great shooter.

7. permaximum

BTW Yeah i'm an AI fan since 96, i saw all of his scoring titles, all-star mvp awards, season mvp award, all-nba first teams, rookie of the year, rookie game mvp ,the draft (1st pick, kobe was 13th), NBA Finals..
    There is only one left.The ring...and so i'm pretty sure i'm the one who wants pistons to win the championship most in this forum.If AI scores 15 ppg and Pistons win the championship, i will be very happy.If AI scores 35ppg and Pistons lose the championship i will be very upset.It's pretty simple like that.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is so off, on so many levels...........4-12 for 9 pts is solid for a guy whose shot isn't falling.. It shows he was aggressive (12 shots), but since he was off he didn't shoot our team out of it. Tay needs to take a minimum of 12 shots, I'd rather see Tay shoot 0-12 than 0-4. Now if he was 4-18, you'd have a beef.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I do. I like AI. He can't do it on his own.

No, I do understand this point. We were killing the clock, not trying to get AI the ball or score more points. Tay was running it down. Sure, he had a bad shooting game. On the season, he's out-shooting AI in FG, 3P and FT, % wise.

You're right it's not about AI. It's about a W against a team on an 8 win streak, which was in the Finals 2 seasons ago. Easily one of the top 5 teams in the NBA.

We value winning, not stats or who gets to touch the ball, or who took the shots. Wins are all that counts. How and why is irrelevant. Detroit fans are not like the fans anywhere else. We've been winning for 6 years. Individual stretches or quarters, by and large are meaningless. Especially in Nov.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, and I don't want to say you are wrong or that you shouldn't argue your points. We're happy you are here.

It's just that you will have to trust us that winning is not about Tay passing AI the ball in Nov. Believe me, when it comes down to it, we're either going to will ourselves to the Finals or not. So much will happen between now and then. For us, losing in Game 6 in the ECF each year is a massive failure.

AI is going to see less touches and minutes for sure. That's the Pistons way. We want him in May and June, not now. :)

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

• Anybody notice that Rip got Sheed a dunk on a Pick and ROLL !!!
    • Seems as if AI is not the only Piston attacking the paint these days. Rip is not settling for the J, he's putting the ball on the floor when defenses rotate out to him.
    • We're VERY deep on the perimeter.
    • Glad I missed the 1st half.
    • Team seems to be finding a defensive identity. At times our defensive rotations were as fast as greased lightning.
    • Getting better perimeter ball movement.
    • The AI/Curry movement is beginning to gain ground.
    • LMAO, Sheed actually got a DUNK off a pick and ROLL !! I know I already said that but it bears repeating, I don't think that ever happened in the Flip era. Seriously, I think Sheed already has more dunks this year than he had all of last year.

12. permaximum

Thanks, i'm happy to be here too :) I understand you, you're right at your points.Hope in may Tay will pass the ball to hot guy if the hot guy won't be sheed or rip.

In fact i love Prince but since the trade it looks Tay a little bit out of control or this is MC's decision.Like you said we'll see in th playoffs how things will work.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

And he's dunking with emphasis. Good sign.

The MC movement got off the ground for me just b/c he wasn't named Flip; then when he started talking like he was reading the posts here during pre-season, i jumped on.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Welcome permax >>Based on your comments, you seem to be describing the guy that wears # 3 more so than the guy that wears # 22. You sure you were not looking at the game on that streaming channel punch sports blog where it was a little grainy?? I am only saying this because during the game chat some of us were critical of Stuckey with his Jekyll and Hyde performance in the last 5 minutes...:hand:

15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

stuckey did seem to be forcing the issue. He just needs to stay within himself and the system. I love the aggressive attacks at the rim. But there is a difference between attacking and out of control.....its called a foul.

16. permaximum

Yeah yeah stuckey was forcing it a little bit too but he made 2 shots in a row so that's normal i think..

I didn't watch it on that channel.The quality was good for me.Probably 400-500k.

In Turkey there are only 3 channels (one of them is NBA TV International) publish NBA games.So i have to watch on internet too :) despite the fact that Eastern Time is 7 hours earlier than our time.For example it is 7 a.m here now and i'm still awake :)

17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

ouch...now thats a FAN:winner_first_h4h:

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When Stuck establishes the free throw line jumper, he'll be very Wade-like. The form is bad. His misses are not the misses of a good shooter.

When the defense packs the paint, he forces it.

But man is he tough for a guard.

19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

AI on Stuck:

Not sure why people are so hard on Stuckey (especially after a solid game tonight). He was 3-of-5 in the 4th for 7 points and had 2 assists in that period as well. People act like he took 15 shots and missed 14. I have no problem with him taking shots when he's got it going (he hit 3 straight at one point in a 2 minute span). He's one of those guys that will blend in for a bit, but if he gets it going, he should have the green light.

Even his D improved quite a bit late in the game.

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

J Max is back. He was active and moving. Afflalo hit two more key shots in the flow of the offense. Absolutely necessary for earning major playing time. Stuckey made some more errors but he was deadly at key moments of the 4th so an overall plus.

Sheed did some major damage to them. AI played wisely, picking his spots. Le Bron got into Tay's head when he got out on him on that early three ball. But Tay is fighting back by driving. Tay will learn that he has some help on this squad.

Too many minutes for Sheed at age 34. Sorry, Amir made some good plays but his inability to finish gave the pluses back overall. I understand why Curry gave him so few minutes. Curry is a no excuse coach.

Can't get too high on this as Cleveland was on a back to back. But a nice win as many players contributed including the youth. This team will get better...