Cleveland Nov 19 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I wish you good fortune finding work. Flint is a hard place to find work for most.

2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I still hate CLE and will never admit they are better than us even with a loss tonight. They will just never be good enough in my opinion.

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

this game isn't on my plan. i've got the next cleveland game if we play them again at home. i do have denver at home though which should be excellent.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sorry to hear that, maybe it is time to move out of the area, although the costs of moving can be a bit much too. Good luck, hopefully you will find something soon.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Hog you have been there so I guess you know. On TV the crowd looks very lethargic and quite quiet!

I do believe once AI really gets going the crowd will be back and very loud. Tonight and tomorrow night would be a good time for the Palace crowd to return to form.......

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Substitute teaching and tutoring will get me by for the moment. I may go back to school for a degree in teaching, if that is what I find I like. Right now, I really want to be a teacher, especially math. I am tutoring already, and should be subbing within a few weeks. (Also, it helps I can be on my wife's healthcare.) Really, I have not been happy in the auto engineering field, which is a grinder of a job, and have been considering for years of quitting that and starting a new career as a teacher. So basically, I look at this as an opportunity to do something I will be happy with, not a bad thing at all. I just hope that I find standing in front of a classroom and teaching day after day is something I actually do enjoy. (Now, tutoring, I love, and always have continued to find people to tutor on this that or the other subject - but that does not mean I will like teaching a whole class of students of varying degrees of politeness.)

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I heard that male teachers are in high demand these days.

Hunt is on for more men to lead classrooms - The Boston Globe

The article doesn't deal with Michigan, but it seems like the issue is the same across the country.

You know... you could probably also coach bball from that position and bring your rotations to life. That would be a fun hobby to go along with a rewarding job.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I did commit to being an assistant coach a couple of years back, but the guy who I would be the assistant for did not get the job. Anyway, yes, I have considered coaching basketball. However, its not something I really have any passion for. Teaching is what I love to do. (And yes, I do enjoy teaching people basketball too, but what I really love is to teach math in particular.)

9. LA Dre

Seems like we need to move this subject to a New thread called Help Wanted/Career moves. I think there was one a couple of years back in the Green Room where someone was looking and showcasing his skill sets.

:focus:

For us League Pass folks outside the Midwest lets hope that we get Blaha/Kelser and not McLeod/Carr broadcasting team to call the game.

Also we can't be be afraid to go into the paint vs Big Ben, just because he use to be a team mate.

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well one thing that makes it look empty is the center court sections are always slow to arrive, and they always (except for playoffs) come back halfway through the 3rd quarter because they're busy getting drinks at halftime. a lot of the extra fans this year are filling the upper bowl because the pistons are offering great deals, but you never see them. also with all of these pick-your-own plans, games like cleveland and boston should have better crowds than most nights.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

LB is a teacher more than a bball coach.

All of teaching sounds OK to me if the students are motivated. I think that is the really tough part, when you have to spend your time with discipline and motivation issues. I guess the same is true for bball coaches.

I'm doing a lot of volunteer tutoring right now and it can truly be frustrating trying to help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We will win, my dvr is off.

13. prodigy

prodigy Second Round Draft Pick

The cavs did play yesterday in jersey, then have to travel from there to detroit. So the edge is no question in the pistons favor. But cavs have been great this year.

The game means alot more to the pistons then cavs. Don't get me wrong every game is important. But considering what I said above the cavs chances of winning are not very high. So detroit needs to take advandge. Becuase if the cavs win tonight, no way mcdyess signs back with pistons. Detroit would not be the favs to win anymore. and thats all mcdyess whats to do now.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yep, and there is the student like I was tutoring this evening, who loves to learn, and makes tutoring very enjoyable. The worst situation in tutoring - or I should say a very common problem - is students who basically want you to do their homework for them, and could care less about learning the subject. (Although, I tutored / mostly just did the homework for my company commander in boot camp and got out of any work details for it. Heck, and it never hurts to review my college physics anyway.)

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

16. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Thanks again Joe for the best looser of nba and for the great center Kwame....tonight match is over after 1 quarter....very good ..ah Joe ..you remember draft whit wade bosch anthony and ...milicic? THANKS THANKS THANKS AGAIN

ps PISTONS FOREVER:yellowprison:

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

nene, relax my friend! It's ok. The season is very young!

18. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

After tonights game it's absolute that Prince takes too many shots and doesn't want to give the ball to AI.It looks like Prince thinks he is the leader of the team..

19. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Great comeback win tonight...Tandoori is making a living off his halftime adjustments.... this goood!

20. LA Dre

whatchoo talking bout willis, the game was not over until the end and Joe and Kwame's team won