Cleveland March 7 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by max, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dyess' charge? Just out of curiosity, did anyone here think that was an offensive foul when it happened?

Billups' turnover under the basket. Did you watch the baseline camera angle? Did you see any contact between LeBron and the ball? Hand may be part of the ball, but elbows aren't.

LBJ drives against Sheed, who appeared to be avoiding contact...foul.

LBJ drives against Tay without contact... foul.

Tay's dropstep lay-in to take the lead... travel (we can agree to disagree on this one. I watched it in super slow mo and his right foot did not slide at all).

These all happened in crunch time and you were all wittnesses.
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Some of those calls were questionable, though I definitely don't agree on the Chauncey turnover. That looked like a clean strip to me.

In any event, the refs didn't force the Pistons to give up 34 points in the first quarter, or to give up far too many offensive rebounds throughout the entire game, or to forget how to play simple pick and roll defense in the final seconds of regulation without giving up a clear path to the hoop for an uncontested LeBron dunk. The refs also played more than a small role in getting the Pistons to the line 29 times in the first half, which was a key factor in their getting back in the game after going down by 13 early in the second quarter because of all the free chili they were handing out.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was too emotionally charged watching that last night.

Calmer now, I feel confident saying that was one of the worst displays of pick and roll defense I have ever seen in a professional game.

And I would like to re-iterate, why it is ok to double Lebron on the perimeter with a big, and it's not ok to double Shaq down low with a small.

It's totally inconsistent and makes no sense whatsoever.
  4. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

a charge is damien wilkins running into Maxiell

a block is lebron james running into Maxiell

clear? good.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

Foul Delfino.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Looks like a Kobe foul to me. Delfino is a euro player.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

this game was nauseating to watch because of all the foul calls. i can't complain about the officiating because we got a TON of calls our way. but it wasn't even fun to watch and i'm glad i wasn't at the game.
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I sense fear in you....anger...a 'conflict'....you all tried to banish the Sith. but you fail to realize that as long as Dolphins are allowed to patrol our sidelines, The Sith will always be present.....may the darkness prevail on your discouraged soul........................:deathstar1: :starwars: there is still a place in the galaxy for you, RC....
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

NO HOGG!...What was nauseating was taht I watched the game on NBATV and got the Cleveland feed and FRED MCLEOD! If you thought he was annoying in Motown(and u all know I couldnt stand HIM) You should have heard him last night. Obviously, Lebron is his new meal ticket. Some Fred quips:

!. The Maxiel block and subsequeint double foul. Claims Max wasnt set.
    2. Rick Mahorn. Brought up his foul on Mark Price in 89 as the reason Cavs didnt go to Finals.
    3. Rip's and one vs Vareajo. His game partner , whats his name, Scott Williams,implied Varjeo wasnt set, without actually saying it. Stated the man who leads the league in offensive charges taken(Flop Boy) should have gotten the call.
    4. James block on Rip. That Bron's defense in the 4th quarter(including 'causing' Tay's travel) changed the game.
    5. On Brons game ending 3" game over!!Good night, Detroit. Nice to know ya."before hiding under a rock when replay reversed call.

Two teams I just cant to listen to:Boston, and now Cleveland!!!!
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Skool,

I'm glad you brought that up, because that might be why I got so worked up at the refs. Listening to McCloud was unbearable.

The main reason it is so irritating is because I know that he doesn't even believe what he is saying. He is pandering big time.

He'll say something about a call, and then when the replay shows the complete opposite, he'll just reconfirm his point.

On the play where Lebron fouled Chauncey on the baseline, he watched the close-up replay and said "Lebron did a nice job of getting both hands on top of the ball." The replay showed one of Lebron's hands pulling CB's off-arm from the ball and the other hand grabbing the CB's right elbow. There was about about 1.5 feet between that and the "top of the ball."

At least he was one guy that deserved to leave after the Ship.
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, Mcleod is really embarrassing himself these days. I even heard him say "ball don't lie!" earlier this season when the Cavs were playing the Spurs.

Even more ridiculous than that was Mike Brown running off the court and trying to get the rest of the team to follow him. OK, in the past, you could maybe, possibly, theoretically sway the refs a bit in that situation by getting into the locker room before they could change their minds. But as we discussed in chat, now that THEY HAVE INSTANT REPLAY TO CHECK IF THE SHOT WAS OFF IN TIME OR NOT, you just look like a complete tool when you run away while the refs simply look at the monitor to decide the call!
  12. max

max All-Star

It was tourcherous as times to be there. Such of a choppy game. 4 sec - whistle, 5 - whistle, repeat.. even the boards were going out of bounds.
  13. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

Time after time the Pistons get into a deep hole in the first 7 minutes. Everybody is testing their jump shots to see if they are "on" that game. These lead to offensive rebounds that lead to fast breaks that lead to a 10 point deficit. Then our guys (Rip and Chauncey) get a bad mind-set and believe they are not "on" that game and they will have to just shoot their way out of it. They usually find their game in the second half but by then we are down by 17, have to fight our way back and lose energy at the end for the loss.

Why can't they ease into the game by making some easy shots first to build up their confidence and then move to the jumpers. We are way too much a jump shot team and there is not need for that. When we are off on the jump shots we lose.

While I'm in a critical mood...why is it we suddenly can't defend the pick and roll and why do we just open up a lane to the basket without any effort to defend it? Mahorn was spot on last night. He said early in the game he would hard foul anybody driving to the hoop and that would slow them down for the rest of the game.

Why did Flip pull Delfino after he alone was doing a good job defending James? We didn't see him again. :angrysoapbox:
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

notice how difficult it is for us to win when we get off to slow starts. when webber joined the team, we finally got away from spotting teams 10-15 point leads and that's a big part of why we were winning.

we've reverted back for a stretch here and have lost 3 of 4. ugh. can the playoffs (and warm weather) get here already?

on a side note, my nephew already fits into his pistons outfit!! i tried to time the clothes to be just big enough when he reached 5-6 months, and that kid fits into them after 2 months!!!! i might have to buy him something else for the playoffs now ... maybe a 'jason maxiell eats babies' shirt haha.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Why did Flip pull Delfino after he alone was doing a good job defending James? We didn't see him again. :angrysoapbox:
    Secret weapon, saving for the playoffs
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

You are so right. Maybe that's why I was so mad because when I come home at 10:30PM and say "Im gonna stay up and watch my team play" and they give me bS like last night.
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ALSO ...ALERT!!!!WXYT.COM is talking about Mcleod's mouth at 3:00PM. Hope Roscoe can download some of it!:stirthepot:
  18. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Anyone notice how much we missed Lindsey?
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yea, Lindsey is essential when playing the Cavs. Although Delfino was guarding James one-on-one just as good (if not better), so of course he's benched for the rest of the game.

Delfino needs to learn to stop playing defense . . .
  20. max

max All-Star

I never like the guy either. I used to be dissapointed whenever FSN had the games because of him, glad he is gone. I was so happy when I heard that news.