Cleveland Cavs Feb. 1st, 2:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 25, 2009.

1. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Great Roscoe

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

JOIN ME>>>ITS BETTER TO PREDICT LOSSES!!!:pound:

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, tough loss because like I said in chat, the only way we can be beat is either by the Celtics or Michael Curry.

It's amazing to watch this guy drag the team down to his level, and then wrestle it off the canvas.

You have to wonder at what point the players overtly give up on him.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:laugh:

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

IT WAS AT THE 45:00 MARK OF THIS GAME..:sherlock:

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

01001101011010010110001101101000011000010110010101101100001000000100001101110101011100100111001001111001001000000101001101110101011000110110101101110011

Binary to Text (ASCII) Conversion

7. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I'm guessing that was said sometime in the last week. It sounds like Tayshaun. Maybe Dice.

8. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

VERY WINNABLE GAME!!!

Why the hell does he put both Dyess and Sheed in.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

10. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

The third quarter was great playing with speed. So what do they do to start the fourth? Have Prince bring up the ball slowly, back to defender. Way to set the tone!!!

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

sAUNDERS WAS FIRED BCUZ dUMARS LETS THE INMATES run the asylum. Shed Wallacewoman is uncoachable at this point

Tay is discouraged bcuz he saw what GOOD coaching is like at the Olympics

Rip is suffering from bump and bruisitis and will never be that 8-10 FTA game he used to be

Stuckey is going thru the Rookie blahs bcuz we trded the oNE guy who could have taught him the game

Iverson...is well...WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS!:icon_evil:

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No time to read anyone else's comments. Here is what I saw.

Curry coached a great game thru 3 quarters. Then he took a dump on National TV.

What got us to where we were after 3 quarters? Energy. Afflalo got his turn to add some energy in the 2nd quarter. Maxiell got a chance to add his energy by playing in the 2nd quarter. But to start the 4th? He leaves Afflalo and JMAX out of the game, two of our better defenders.

At the end of the game, we had three players with hardly any rest in the 2nd half. Sheed, 3 minutes. Tay. No rest. AI, 3 mintues. How much energy do you suppose we had at the end of the game.

Worst player out there today was Dyess, who apparently must have gotten a big fat check from Cleveland to shoot his outside jumpers, which is a pansy, losing game from him. Note, Sheed and Dyess together = no power forward in the game, and zero respect from Cleveland. Curry way overplayed this by going to it with 9 minutes left in the game.

Amir had probably his best quarter of the year in the 3rd quarter, lots of rebounds and points scored. Nice to see his teammates passing him the ball. Even Tay got the ball to him on a fast break.

Sheed just loves those 3's. To the point of embarrassment. But I suppose he was feeling a lot of pressure to score since Curry forget about this little old concept called defense for the 4th quarter. (Or why else leave out two of your best defenders to start the 4th. Maybe he was listening to the utterly clueless VanGundy?)

AI had some great scoring runs. Great to see. Stuckey did little, nothing in the first half on scoring - but did have 8 assists I believe - maybe just his first half total? He got injured toward the start of the 4th quarter.

Afflalo just gave us some D, and allowed Tay to rest the whole 2nd quarter. With Rip just then playing 6 minutes at small forward, it was not so bad as far as small ball goes. Too bad Curry can't even see what he did right in the first half. All he had to do is repeat most of it in the 2nd half. Heck, even a semblance of it.

Tay had a decent game in all. Scored enough. Kept James to an outside shooter. But hey, James, and several other Cavs showed some shooting talent in this one. Like Big Z for instance far outdoing Sheed on outside shots. Sheed should know not to go against someone else's strenth. He should have been working inside.

Verajou (sp) took an elbow from Dyess and sat most of the 1st half, played the 2nd.

Rip gave us a scoring boost to start the 2nd quarter. Still have mixed feelings about so many jumpshots though.

In, all, a great game thru 3 quarters, but then a total and complete, embarrassing whooping on National TV in the 4th quarter. I will not blame any of that on the players. Not one bit. Curry does not understand what wins. Its like Dumars told him who to play - but as soon as Curry thinks he has his orders fullfilled - he reverts to the worst coach in the world. The one and only thing I believe Curry is doing right this year is playing the young guys. He obeyed his mandate thru 3 quarters, then rebelled, and lost badly. Just maybe, though I doubt it, Curry will learn. Someday. Do what Dumars wants - even in the 4th qaurter. Strike that. Especially in the 4th quarter. The young guys have to learn how to play in crunch time too.

13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Shed Wallacewoman :laugh:

14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That quote by Rasheed in your signature is the absolute truth now.... it IS the end.

15. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

If Rodney were 6'9", he'd be sitting on the bench for a long time. Just ask Kwame and Amir.

I know that Tayshaun is the glue, but that's exactly why the glue shouldn't be the point guard. It's really hard to get the ball out of his hands early in the shot clock.

Maybe if Antonio took a couple of steps in, the shot would fall? Maybe? Probably not.

Now, for a philosophical moment with Star

Today's words of wisdom come from the late, great Billy Preston.

Detroit has a team, ain't got no coach. But, I really do believe that he loves that song, because the Pistons are going round in circles. From moments of brilliance to mindnumbing idiocy.

How does he manage to lose this game? With or without LeBron on the bench, they were playing them shot for shot...up until the fourth.

I don't know if Michael doesn't trust himself or whether he doesn't trust the players, but either way, it's all on Michael and he is killing this team. Rodney has to take a seat on the bench. It's okay to say that it was too much, too soon. He's a second year player, you won't kill him. If anything, he may slow down and refocus, as it is clear that he's lost it.

Has he not realized that for the past few games, it's been Allen and Richard in the back court ANYWAY? That's when they have been on. That's when the shots have fallen. That's when the pretend offense didn't look so unbelievably fake.

Michael Curry stinks.

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ALL that is well and good Lee , but this was more about THE CAVs (and the CELTS) than about us. Cavs did what we used to do to folks ! Just toyed with us until SHOWtime!!!! the cavs were gonna win...plain and simple.

This team is toast.

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

18. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Late turnovers, missing shots along with some free throws, and not playing with the same intensity as the fourth started caused this game to go down the drain. That's all I could see. I like the first half and parts of the 3rd.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another loss you can blame on both players and the coach.

The players failed to take advantage of the Cavs 1-9 shooting to open the game so instead of being up 15-2 with 3:32 left in the 1st, they were down 12-8 themselves with four turnovers and two questionable plays by Amir where he wasn't ready for a key pass from AI to the left of the hoop and then on the next offensive play he grabbed a board and instead of going right back up, he passed it out. I think we eventually scored on that sequence, but it was plays like that kept the Cavs in the game.

Amir did redeem himself in the 3rd helping AI get the Pistons to an 8 point lead, but we never saw AJ on the floor again..I guess must have got locked in the john again like he did on Friday :confused:

To give up a 15-2 run with James on the bench is just unacceptable in my book and apparently Dumars too as Hog said he got up from his seat and left about the same time the Pistons seem to quit with about 2 mins left in the game.

With a little over 4 mins left, Prince hit a short jumper to make the score 77-76 and the Cavs proceeded to make uncontested layups and jumpers after that closing the game on 13-4 run while Dumars and the fans filing out booing...yes I said it Dumars was booing....or was he boohooing about his coaching hire>??:ohwell:

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I tivo'ed, superbowl stuff all day, stupid bf, football sucks.

I think i'll skip it. Looks like we had the same player 1-5 must play in the 4th quarter. Dice/Sheed were probably our end game line-up again. Nice to see Amir can bring it against the Cavs. Of course he probably never saw the floor again.

In case Curry reads this forum PRINCE CANNOT PLAY THE POINT FORWARD. STOP IT.

Oh and also DICE IS OLD. SHEED IS OLD. STOP PLAYING THEM TOGETHER.