Away Cleveland Cavaliers Wednesday March 28 2012

Discussion in 'March 2012' started by roscoe36, Mar 26, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2012.
  1. Detroit

71.4%
  2. Cleveland

28.6%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Without Lebron for the Cavs........and without us having Stuckey...it an even draw.
    Cavs by 7...............

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gordon (groin) out and now Stuckey (hamstring) out. Bynum is in early. Might see some WDR2 or some Daye soon.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No beng, no Stuckey....Tay trying to make up for his 2007 playoff performance vs the Cavs.....to late now but he has 18 points in the first half as Pistons are up 49-44 at the half when it first it appeared that neither team would have a chance to score 100 in this one. The Pistons broke open a tight game going a 10-0 run midway through the second and the bench has contributed 16 points to make up for the absence of Ben and Stuck and are still waiting for G-Mon to show up.

Kyrie on on his way to a quadruple double with 12 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 turnovers at the half.

5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

AUSTIN DAYE!!!

Have I travelled to an alternate reality where this guy shoots 50% from the field.

6. LA Dre

End of three....Pistons up 68-61.....3 minutes prior to the end of the quarter, the Pistons were up 15>>68-53, but allowed the Cavs to close the quarter on a 8-0 run. Bynum and Wilkens came in at the 1:29 mark and they could not generate any defense or offense.....

The way Monroe is playing this game...the coach may have him sit the whole 4th quarter....which he used to doing anyway

7. The Panda

Where is this fourth quarter collapse that I have gotten so used to enduring.

8. LA Dre

Th
    Think positive ....they just need to stop Irving....and Monroe needs to dunk it when he is within 2 meters of the hoop

9. BillLaimbeer

Pistons got this one in the bag, no problem...

10. The Panda

I get the feeling you are a bit of a pessimist.

We should be the best of friends.

11. The Panda

I don't understand how Daye can be 3-7, 1-4 and 1-2 and only have 8 points.

Something doesn't add up here.

I KNEW IT I AM IN AN ALTERNATE REALITY

12. LA Dre

Two straight road wins vs teams that want to get high lottery picks....Tay was the Man tonight in this short hand victory as Blaha called it.... with 29 pts, 8 boards and 3 assists. he was also 4-4 from downtown.

Monroe struggled on 4-13 shooting and seemed out of synch in the first half, but he despite falling short of a double-double, he did finish with 8 and 10 along with 3 blocks.

Max had a great game including a couple put back dunks in the crunch time. Force once he was able to score in double figures with 12-9 and 3blocks

In the battle of the two rookies, or course Kyrie was Kyrie scoring 12 points in the first quarter and 10 in the 4th and 5 turnovers. That's 15 in the last three games for him. No splashiness for Knight, but he did hid part in keeping the Pistons ahead throughout the second half with 16 and 5...

Bench stars were Bynum of all people who sparked the Pistons to two quick buckets to open the 4th, after the Cavs had closed it to 7 to end the third. Daye made some shots here and I and glad to see him back in the rotation and contributing while Stuck and Gordon are on the mend.

Big Ben has played the whole month of March good and he provided some good defense tonight.

JJ, got in foul trouble early and often...so not much out of him tonight. Wilkens played some D and gave some of the other players blow.

Cavs look like they were OK with a semi taynk mode style of play....I don't recall Byron Scott getting upset about his team's play.

jzchen likes this.
  13. LA Dre

I am sure you are being sarcastic here but here is the breakdown>

He made two 2pt FG's.; 1 3pt FG and one free throw....lets see I think that = 8? :graduate:

14. BillLaimbeer

Wow, you changed my post. I always believe in my Pistons.

15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

a product of the public school board i see

16. BillLaimbeer

Well, panda bears don't have ten fingers like Dre, so it's harder to add when you get up to big numbers like 8.... :lol:

17. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Meh, Daye still looks stoned 90% of the time.

Anyway, good hard fought game today with our best scorer out and Monroe a non factor on offense.

Tayshaun was our best scorer today, taking 21 shots and making 11 for 29 points. The isotayshauns at the end of the game could have cost us dearly if not for a great putback by Max - that, and that the Cavs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at the end. A credit to the Pistons' swarming, active defense at the end of the game. He played good defense all game long, and scored with some efficiency. He was key to this win, despite taking some horrible shots trying to get the taynk back on track at the end.

Brandon played well, shooting just a hair under 50%, 7 for 15 for 16 points. Also 2 for 3 from range. He's not settled for threes as much the last two games, and unlike in Washington, he was hitting his shots. He hit a huge 3 with just over 2 minutes left that gave his team a little bit more breathing room at the end of the shot clock. He also did a decent job on Kyrie defensively, despite getting beat a few times. These two took turns doing that to each other.

Off night for Greg, just 4 of 13 - and all of that was at the rim. A lot of his shots were short or just plain rimmed out. His rebounding numbers are good though, and he snagged quite a few key boards at the end. Developing his midrange j would help him immeasurably, it'll open up the floor for him so much, like it has for Rodney.

Max played pretty well, better than he has in a while. He hit something like 4-5 straight jumpers in the third and helped get them up double digits. Shot very efficiently, hitting 6 of 9. Not to mention two crazy putback dunks, one of which was in crunch time off an ugly miss by Tayshaun.

JJ can't catch a break with the charge/block calls. Part of it is he's generally not set, but he just doesn't get a favorable whistle in general. Non-factor for the most part today.

Big Ben was solid once again, leading the team in blocks with 4 (Max had 3, Moose and Daye 2). His interior defense, even at his age, is still better than anyone's on this team. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Daye - he shot well. He was active on defense, just not what I'd call effective. He had two blocks though. His body language sucks though, it's even worse than Tay's. And, like I mentioned, he just looks stoned, out of it a lot of times.

Wilkins was ok, at least defensively. He took a few questionable jumpers though, especially that long two try with 16 seconds on the clock.

Bynum - he played a lot thanks to BG and Stuck being out. Offensively, he did what he usually does; hold the ball and drive to the hoop with no regard for anyone else. He also got burned by Kyrie - now granted Kyrie burns a lot of people, but he blew by WB with a lot more ease.

Good game, good win. Granted it's against the Cavs, whose star rookie looked a lot less cheery than usual thanks to a 5 game losing streak, but it was a good, hard fought game on the road, and won with defense at the end.

brofmfa, jzchen and basketbills like this.
  18. The Panda

Yeah, ok.

Bit too much beer at lunch made a retard of me.

Did they have panda bears in the 80's?

19. BillLaimbeer

I would think you would know more about pandas than me....

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maxiell was the man! Nasty boards, jump shots, put back dunks, key blocked shots, and he even took a charge or two.

I'm starting to grow fond of Knight's floaters as well. Such a nice way to avoid the defense. It's an incredibly hard shot and he's making them at a higher and higher rate it seems like. His split the defenders move is also looking somewhat unstoppable.

With Bynum- his stats weren't great, but there is something positive that comes out of his "exploration" of the defense. Lots of 2nd change points by us after Cleveland collapsed on him. Sweet dunk too.

The Cavs didn't have Varejao of course, but we were missing Stuckey, Gordon, and Macklin, so great win.

One other thing to note- we just held the Cavs to their lowest scoring output of the season at 75 points! 2 straight opponents under 80 is good stuff, even if they are the cellar dwellers.

Our 3rd win of this brutal road trip and just one more game against the Bulls until it is over. Maybe we can sneak up on them.