1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Cleveland Cavaliers - Sunday, April 24, 2016 GAME 4

Discussion in '2016 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 14, 2016.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

They will.

roscoe36 likes this.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe the staff is telling the rest of the team to let the best rebounder in the league handle the boards and to just focus on defense. That's the luxury that comes with having Drummond. But, maybe it would just be better to trade him. I'm sure that would work out great.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Team Captain Forum Donor

But learning to be a leader doesn't need to sound it off at the press by saying stuffs like that. All he gotta say is 'I just thought the refs got it wrong at the end by not calling a foul'. By saying stuffs like refs need to get fine and stuffs will only make him a target next season. I'm pretty sure that the refs will gang up and call RJ for ticky tack fouls defensively and swallow their whistle on him offensively.

Walter, BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed. The best way to learn is to make mistakes. Hopefully, SVG or someone connects with RJ and explains to him the error of his ways.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

When we're young we say and do such stupid things.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, KCP didn't lose this series. He delayed completion on that moat he was building until after the series.
    The 1.5 games I saw Cavs rotated a little quicker and contested our shots better because of that.
    That was an eye test I saw.
    This team has a long way to go, I like Dre staying at home not chasing guys out to the perimeter.
    And should he do that Curry would have his back. Oh wait that was 10 yr ago.

Mogilny, roscoe36 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  7. lapiston

lapiston All-Star

Webz, thanks for the stats. Pope had a good series in that he produced what he is capable of producing, and, as you point out, a bit better than the regular season. Some fixes are easy to see as far as the Pistons moving forward like upgrading at the back up guard. If we look at the first unit offense, Andre has improved but is not quite a key option. The Cavs took a lot of the Reggie/Andre pick and roll away. They hemmed in Reggie and Andre is still a ways away from scoring when he gets the ball a bit further out. The forwards were amazing. They punished the Cavs (though it took Harris two games to figure it out). Reggie hesitates to shoot over the pick and roll to loosen up the defense to start with. His 3 ball shot must improve. Can't really say there is a sharpshooting 3 baller on the team. But this young group should continue to improve their shooting range as a normal transition in the league.

So in the context of looking forward on offense (and about 90 points a game against the Cavs will not get the Pistons to the next level), where will the offense improve as far as the first unit? Reggie getting to another level? Andre getting to another level? Some of that, yes. The key has to be the shooting guard. The points Pope gets any shooting guard playing next to those two forwards and against a team that hones in on Reggie/Andre will get. Pope does not really create his own points. When people criticize Reggie for doing too much and falling short, one reason might be that he doesn't have an option to drop the ball off to a scorer/penetrator at the two guard. When Pope gets the ball for a catch and shoot, fine. But when he gets the ball on the wing, it tends to get stuck there.

To make it so the Cavs or other teams have to fear Pope, you might want to run him around screens like the Pistons did with Rip. Pope's two ball is fairly accurate.

But again, looking to get to the next level, to try and become an elite team, getting an offensive weapon at the 2 guard would be a major upgrade. The team would suddenly become unguardable. Those forwards are not easy guards. And if a team can't put the thrust of its defense against Reggie/Andre, they can do serious damage. And the starters are all going to get better.

I am very happy with the team. But this organization must think championship because of Piston history and the offense is just not explosive enough at present.

roscoe36, 1989 and webz like this.
  8. pass99

Barkley was 100% correct. To be a dealer, the Pistons might have to have to trade one starter or let your 18 pick lead into a 3 way trade with some bench players.

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

Bowser is pretty crafty. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled off some more magic in the next couple of months.

roscoe36 and pass99 like this.
  10. pass99

Yep. There are now analytics (meta-data) up the yin-yang and digital captures from shoe-laces to how many sheets of toilet paper to-the-wind.
    But, beyond eye candy (with the right selection and the right beat), it might seem perceptively simple to wiggle one's toes in the muddy bed of a soul, reaching it's way.
    You have to live long enough and perhaps even then, the purity is cloud-capped.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  11. roscoe36

Remember how we got MM? Look for more of that with the Durant Sweepstakes occurring this summer.

People will try to clear space to get Durant, and when they lose out, they will get desperate to clear space to get anyone.

We step up into that breach.

junior likes this.
  12. coynejeremy

While I'm trying to stay grounded in realistic expectations, if Bower and co can continue to do what they have been doing, this offseason could be fun.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

There will be some bargains I imagine on the free agent waiver wire as well.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Yea, Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon will be available.

The Panda and TheeTFD like this.
  15. coynejeremy

I'd be willing to pay Charlie money to travel to Thunder games and piss off Russell Westbrook.

jzchen, The Panda, Mogilny and 2 others like this.
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

You're an evil GENIUS roscoe!
    You sir, should have an army of minions reporting to you and a moat around your secluded lair - deep in the BC forest.

I'm gonna go on record and say I'm more than ok with pretty much any deal that nets us Serge Ibaka.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jt33uct

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    roscoe36 likes this.
  17. roscoe36

I know right? We need to get the word out. I am thinking a sky-writing campaign at a major outdoor event.

I am pretty secluded, but I do still occasionally see other humans. I'd love to live in something like this ...

[​IMG]

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The view would be great, but the online shopping might be challenging because of deliveries.

junior and roscoe36 like this.
  19. roscoe36

Amazon and UPS are working on delivery by drone. Soon living in spots like that will be totally doable. :)

Amazon Prime Air

Walter likes this.
  20. coynejeremy

This is in rural Georgia, surprisingly close to Atlanta.