Home Cleveland Cavaliers Friday Feb 1 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]
  2. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

It al depends on the play ofcourse and where you are on the court but i agree with the fact that if your man is backing off giving you the shot, you should take the shot (unless the shot is out of your comfortzone, range, etc.). Because next time he will be on you, giving you more opportunity to fake a shot and make a drive. If you don't take the shot he keeps backing off packing the lane or by you driving, you have a bigger chance of picking up a charge (since the defender has more time to adjust and move his feet).
    roscoe36 and copper like this.
  3. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Things I liked in this game (that haven't been replaced in my poor memory by the Lakers game I just watched):

The running is back!! - One of the things I thought we might see more of this season after the pre-season, but didn't, and one of the things the bench was doing really well for a while. I have to agree with jzchen, it is probably due to Tay leaving.

The Calderon effect - Previously said I think this will help BK long term, but definitely think it made him more focussed on this game

Calderon taking notes - Was worried he might be too tied up in emotion after seeing that interview, but showing he is a consummate professional with that. Also was stuck on something someone said about him heading back to Spain, but I think he could be a great backup PG in the future for a reasonable price and good to see he is still engaged in the NBA.

Singler - Every good team needs a guy that can be different things on different nights. That was Tay and now is showing good form to replicate (an exert taken from the Lakers game too - thought he played great D on Kobe all night).

Stuckey's usage - Still think he is better fit for someone else, but he was used perfectly tonight. Was not forced as a scoring option and when he was scoring, they didn't fall in love with it.

Middleton's one score - Man, that is one smooth stroke.

Kravtsov's free throws - Very very comfortable. Would love to see him given more of BoT's minutes in a game if BoT is not hitting the 3.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Even if Charlie IS hittin' the 3.
    ...Free TRG!!!
    [​IMG]
    del likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A big man should get the opportunity to prove himself after coming all the way from Russia. If Maggette got a month long trial period and other have spent time in bench jail only to break free, I don't see why it is so crazy to put in TRG for a few weeks. He looked like a banger overseas. That will translate well off the bench.

For a guy that gets by on things other than shooting touch, it should be pretty easy to quickly determine his level of effectiveness. With shooters, I would suggest a much longer test run so that they get their touch and feel comfortable.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Where are we supposed to find minutes for a 3rd center?
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

If you play Moose and CV at the 4 and Drum and TRG at the 5 and Max wherever we can fit him
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

TRG is getting screwed because Monroe and Drummond never get in foul trouble. That would be his natural opportunity.

There was a curious incident recently where we had some rather undersized fellows guarding Henson and Dalembert. That would have been an opportunity for him.
    copper likes this.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

As long as Jason Maxiell and (expletive) Charlie Villanueva are getting minutes, the PF/C spots should be wide open to anyone who shows promise. Joe should be advertising for bigs on Craigslist and be holding auditions daily.
    roscoe36 likes this.