Cleveland April 8th 1:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2007' started by max, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Blalock knocked down 9-14 in his last game. And in the preseason, before Flip iced him for a good long, long time on the bench, there was no problem with Blalock's shot. Nine for 14. Seems open minded posters here could change their opinions. Me, first I watched Murray fall out of the rotation after never giving any effort on defense, save against Minny when he thought he might get traded there. Then I saw him get another chance and do well the first four games. Then I saw a big dropoff in effort, continuing to this game today. Some of this was going thru the flu, but I belive most of it is just Flip Murray being Flip Murray, whenever he can get away with it. And the Flip Murray he wants to be, I don't like. PS, open minded or not, I watch every game a 2nd time to check my observations. This one, I have already watched twice. Murray does not belong playing point for us.

As for this going to a different thread, I strongly disagree. In this game, we saw no bench in the 2nd half, and a non-functional one in the first half. I say its Flip's choice in who he uses as backup point. Lessons learned from a game certainly belong in that games thread.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's nice to see two of my old compadres debating in such a civil manner.

Just goes to show that we can all get along.

This was a good win. The kind the Pistons can build momentum on.

I'm concerned about tired starters and injuries though.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hey, we have to get along or you would ban us. lol. As for this game building momentum, I see it as the opposite. But I will withhold judgement until I see how Flip Saunders uses his bench on the tail end of this back to back set tomorro night vs. NY.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yes Blaylock had his first good shooting game against D-Leage defenders (he's almost up to 37% now lol)... how many of those shots were from the perimeter?
    But thank you for your expert player analysis...
    BTW how is Pepe Sanchez & RW doing on their teams in the NBA?... CBA?...YMCA?
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Wrong thread for that for sure. As for Blalock, like I said, he had no problem with his shot in preseason, against NBA players. How many were outside shots, I did not see the game. But I do know he hit a clutch jumper in the last minute to tie the game in the one Skyforce game I watched from about a week ago. In that game, Blalock was taking shots, though missing them, cause he needs the practice, and that is what he is down there for. I would be more than willing to bet you an I told you so that several of those makes were outside shots. And if they were not, getting to the basket for 9 layups in itself would be pretty impressive.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

:6shoot: Yessir one "I told ya so" at high noon (cue the good, bad & ugly)... I'll meet ya at the corner of Broken Dreams and Brickshot.

Hopefully Blaylock will get a decent opportunity next year... I'll be pullin' for the kid.

To answer your earlier question "who would you rather have".... Barbosa... this is the guy I was hoping we would draft instead of Delfino.
    Heck even Frank Williams is doing ok with the Skyforce.
  7. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

"Unlike the national announcers though, yes, I am concerned about what happened today, cause I know Flip is plotting somewhere in the back of his mind on how he can start his vacation quicker. I believe Flip is a loser, and this game just reinforced that notion quite a bit." ~Lee356(?)

Eh?
  8. roscoe36

Lee has a very active imagination.
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Spoken like a true loser.:loser:

[SIGN]Hey team, why so down? We finished 2nd today. That ain't too shabby.[/SIGN]
  10. roscoe36

Slavemaster Bron only gets upset when his Nike check is late.
  11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The team had four days rest and the coach wanted to get his key guys ready. I am ok with the minutes today. Now we can coast with the number one seed.

I am uncomfortable in that we were not handily beating Cleveland with a lot in our favor today. They hung around. We have let Chicago outplay us this year and the Spurs have beat us fairly soundly. We will be all out to beat a Miami with a Wade at 85%.

We are the only elite team that is hard to rate. I have watched the Pistons all year and can't figure out the team's level. I have caught glimpes of brillance but certain weaknesses/tendencies persist.

We still had that drought in the 2nd quarter.

We still allow too much penetration by dribblers at times.

Our guys seemed relaxed which is a good sign. They think that they think that they are still special so I am going on that. But the evidence is murky. Bring on the playoffs already. Has this team just coasted this year or have they taken a step backward stemming from last year's finals? Can they overcome not having Ben in the playoffs? Can Webber give more than he has been giving lately (is he coasting?). I am positive on the team but they must now go out and prove it. Can they take their game to another level?
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

So the Bulls, Heat & Cavs all lost tonight... looks like a restfull night.
    Dwade played tonight
  13. max

max All-Star

Main thing is locking up that #1 seed so the starters can rest next week. 6 more games to go with Phil, Tor and Boston as the final 3 games in which the bench can play most of the mins.

Thing is overall the team played better when Murray was out and Delfino was in. I know Murray had a couple of good games and all but he will do that sometimes. Does not mean you have to play him every game.
  14. roscoe36

AFAIK, we did not lock up the #1 seed. Chicago is 4 games back, with 4 of their games to play, and 6 of ours.

Hopefully we lock it up tomorrow night.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nocioni and Wade return and both of their teams lose. Dwade had six TO's...maybe it takes 4 weeks for him to get his act together and they get bounced in the second round!!:)

Pistons magic #2 with six games to go!:cheerleader:
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Absolutely... in effect we will be playing the bench more (later) by playing them less this game... hopefully we'll get an overdose of bench PT the last three games.
    I just hope our starters don't go into the playoffs rusty like last year... I'd like to see them play decent minutes the last game of the season.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yeah, and he also had a near triple double in short minutes. And he got hit hard, by a huge center, in that arm. That hurt.
  18. bandwagonasscat

bandwagonasscat Second Round Draft Pick

i thought he was 7 rebounds away from a triple double? you must be talking about his turnovers, he was 4 away from a 10 in that respect. pretty good for a first game back from a dislocation.

was it really a dislocation?
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

“If you play well, and you lose the ballgame, you can be satisfied,” said James, who made all nine of his free throws before missing two in the final minute. “We gave ourselves a chance to win against Miami, and we gave ourselves a chance tonight. That’s what you look at.”

Spoken like a man who will never get past the conference finals.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yep, Wade only had 3 rebounds, but had 6 turns. Anyway, I went by what the announcers said, not the boxscore. I only watched the 2nd half of the game. At one point the announcers said he had 8 rebounds to go with his 12 points. Obviously they meant to say 8 assists. Later they mentioned 8 assists and never retracted the 8 rebound thing. Oh well.