Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by webz, Jul 21, 2010.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

New Hornets brass already facing crisis with Paul - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketball

Get on the phone NOW Joe!

The article also mentions he would like to team up with other superstars like Miami manufactured this off-season. The fact we don't have any superstars is probably against us, but I think Joe's respect factor could go a long way in helping convince him to come here.

Would Tay, Wilcox and Stuckey be a sweet enough deal for NO I wonder?

2. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Stucky and Tay probably wouldn't do it. We'd have to give up some serious talent to acquire Paul. It's risky as well. He didn't look like the same guy after coming back from injury, and that's the type of injury that usually gets worse over time. It's the bone-on-bone type stuff that causes guys to miss a lot of games.

Having said that, if they want Stucky and vets for CP3, then sure thing.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I think Joe should go the way that people suggest on other boards - give them Jmax, Wilcox, and skgn and trade Kwame. Sounds like a winner for both sides.

4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know about CP3 status.. but I know one thing.

Paul won't come to play in Detroit, he's tired of losing in playoffs and playing with mediocre players..

To get him, perhaps you would have to give Stuckey + Prince + WIlcox + Daye/Jerebko + 1st round pick 2011 and maybe 2012 too..

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was also going to say at least next year's first-rounder for them to even consider not hanging up the phone immediately.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree that CP3 probably won't go to Motown...wonder if he has no trade clause in his contract....

With that being said if we could do a multi team deal where we could pick up him and a decent big that he feels will get this team on track then I say get er done Joe. Max, Wilcox and Rip are expendable along with a draft pick.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

One look at our coach and he says no.

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...um webz?
    ...no superstars?
    We have Rodney freaking Stuckey!

What's the Australian term for "hater"?

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Seriously.

You'd think a package of a rejuvenated Charlie G, 'Lil Dirk Nowitzki and Karl Malone Jr + the Joe D respect factor (How'd that turn out when the Pistons had their cap space in '09?) would have to get it done.

The Pistons then would have someone to show Stuckey the ropes, play a 3 guard line-up and keep Stuckey's minutes around 26 per game which is ideal for your franchise player.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I say no to Paul, he doesn't want to come here, and with what we'd have to give up to get him we'd basically be worse than the New Orleans Hornets are right now.

With that said new dynamics arise. If Dallas really wants him then it could make Tyson Chandler available. NO wants somebody to take Oak's contract with Paul, if we could move Rip for Capp Space or Traid Excepshun , then we can become the dumping grounds for Chandlers contract that allows Dallas to accomodate Paul and Oak. I'm sure Dallas will give up anyone not named Dirk for Paul.

11. Nemo

Always seemed to me that the NBA was set up so that towns could keep their stars, and build around them with key parts. Now, everybody wants to be part of a powerhouse in a glamorous location. Soon...We'll have 10 strong franchises and a bunch of weak siblings.

12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It is pathetic that landing an expiring contract of a broken stiff like Chandler has become an attractive proposition for this franchise.

13. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm agree with you on that!

14. Walter

Are you suggesting we might have to part with the super collider?

15. Walter

I think we can compile a list of players/picks without completely gutting the team to get Paul. NO need a good SG and we've got two decent ones in Rip and Gordon. Add Daye or Jerebko, Wilcox or Prince's expiring contract and on paper you can have a trade that works for both teams. However, the issue at stake is Paul wants to go to a contender, or perform a coup like the Miami thing. So, he'll never come to Detroit.

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Has Rodney Stuckey demanded to be traded to Chicago, LA , Orlando or Boston yet to play with a contender or superstar?

17. Nemo

That's kinda like asking if Walter Hermann has inquired about his opportunity. :pound:

18. Walter

LRMR won't let Paul "collude" with anyone, especially in the East; can't have competition for the three stooges. So there's no way CP3 gets traded to Knicks or Magic.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

But Pauls departure could make Emeka available, I personally think he's available now. A deal where we send them Tayshaun's expiring and a future 1st rd pick might actually get it done, it'd free up a ton of money for them to start rebuilding with.

20. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

New Orleans would be the ones sending the pick in that deal. I'd take Emeka, but that contract is poison. Giving up an expiring (that can actually play like Tay) AND a pick while taking on that contract, would be severely overpaying.

Our best bet is to try to work a 3-team deal where Rip and Paul go to a contender where we get Okafor, and expirings/picks go to NOH from the 3rd team.

Rip for Emeka is pretty even on it's own, contract/talent-wise, but since NOH will be in full-blown rebuild mode, they'll probably be looking to dump Emeka's deal with CP3. This is where Joe need to come up with something. Orlando maybe?

Monroe/Okafor would be an intriguing frontcourt