Chicago Feb 25th 1pm

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 19, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

Kind of an overlap here in the Bulls Defense thread.

No, the Bulls are not going to beat the Pistons in a 7-game series. I take the Pistons in 5 or 6. Too many mismatches for the Bulls. Rip and Billups would totally abuse their backcourt and Sheed, Webber, Maxiel are just too much for them in the post.

You want to know who will do well in the post-season then look at road records. Good playoff teams always know how to win on the road. The Bulls don't have that kind of toughness yet.
  2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Bear in mind that Pistons won back to back NBA titles in 89 & 90 and the Bulls three peat in 96 to 99 with DENNIS RODMAN as the PF, who happens to be 2 time DPOY (at least, I think), who does not shoot much and a poor free throw shooter too. His specialty is DEFENSE & REBOUNDING too. Totally agree with you here, Low.

A good coach will play his players to their strength, especially good players (All Stars), not want players to play the coach's strength. Do you want your coach to make Shaq a shooter 12 feet away from the basket? Do you want Kobe, Lebron, Wade to spot up shooters? Shaq was never a good FT shooter, do you trade him away because of that?
  3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

True that.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

All they need to win is 1 Max, and hold serve at home. Wiz has our # too. I'm worried max.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Rosc, this bulletin is messed. last nite it said D59 had posted but I didn't see the post on 2 trys. Now I redid my earlier post because it was gone. But now it's back.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought Tay was really involved in the 2nd half. He seemed to be in there fighting for offensive boards, making those hustle plays. I liked his game.

Max was great. He really gives some credibility to the zone because he can anchor it down under the basket and challenge any penetration that comes through. The zone is far less effective if you don't have a shot blocker in the back. He does challenge EVERY shot though, which is good and bad because he mistimed a couple of block attempts leaving it wide open for an offensive board. I guess Dice, Sheed, Web and Prince will get used to that the more they play with Max and help cover the boards.

Rip was tremendous. It always seems like we take all those jumpers and runners in the lane for given. He does it so often. He's also great at forcing just enough contact for the foul call and still be balanced for a decent shot.

Billups and Webber had pretty good games, but its been quite some time since CB hit a clutch shot. I think his nickname should revert to Mr. Medium Shot until he nails a couple more clutch shots.

I still don't like Hunter running the point. I don't know how taking step back long 2's is running the offense. Surely Delfino or Blaylock could bring the ball up effectively and not take the ill-advised shot to boot. I'm really starting to wish for this Acie Law guy in the draft.
  8. max

max All-Star

That could be the result of all the Flip bashing through the months. Sometimes gets to the point where we can't see the forest through the trees to really appreciate what a good team we have. The Bulls are not going to hold serve at home. I can't recall a series where it was all home wins, sure there was one but it does not happen very often.

The only team I was worried about was a healthy Miami, now I would say the East is the Pistons for the taking.
  9. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Difference with Rodman was he could make a shot if needed. I would rather have someone who could if needed be able to make a 12 footer than not and have to work around him. Shaq is an entirely different Center.
  10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Since when...the '88 Finals?

During his 3 titles with the Bulls, Rodman avg'd 5 ppg.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

Rodman didn't exactly tear-it-up at the foul line either.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He shot about 50% or better didn't he? Most were put backs.
  13. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I know in one game when Rodman was with the Bulls he was wide open looking to pass off from the top of the key (against the Jazz I think) and he after a about 3-4 seconds just put it up and hit the shot. Ben can't do that.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

teams would just let him shoot. It was freaky.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In Ben Wallace's career, he is 5 for 38 from 3-point land.

Rodman was 89 for 402 career, including playoffs.

In 91-92, he was 32 for 101.

Delfino is currently sitting on 33 for 101 this season!

So, I guess the conclusion is that Delfino has the touch of Rodman. Whether that is good or bad, I can't say.
  16. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I don't think I have ever seen Ben launch a 3 with more than a couple of seconds on the clock. He's so active he ends up with the ball a lot when plays break down. Rodman would shoot 3s on purpose, and then appear shocked when they went in.
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Ben hit a couple 12-15 footers in the 05 ECF...he made LB look like a genius for having faith in him on the O end.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Everyone was shocked when Worm sank one.
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When Rodman was in Chicago he was on an anti-scoring kick. Most nights he wouldn't shoot anything other than a dunk, and he often passed them up. I never quite figured out what he was up to, he just wouldn't shoot the ball regardless of whether he could make it or not.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Did he still have his tennys on? Sometimes he would take them off. What color was his hair that day? That might be a clue to his disposition.
    Talk about 5 on4.