1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Chicago Feb 25th 1pm

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 19, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

tv: ABC

The grudge game, time to avenge the earlier blowout at the hands of the Bulls in Chicago earlier this season.

Ben Wallace also makes his 1st post-Piston visit to the Palace. Lets show some class guys and give him a standing O, well you don't have to stand - just do not boo please. The best revenge is living well, so lets cheer Ben during the intro's and then proceed to cheer on Webber, Sheed and co to make him and the rest of Bulls look like fools out there. Let the Pistons do our talking for us during the game. Different team since the last Bulls game.

2. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

The team that may be the most different is the Bulls, depending on what happens before the trade deadline.

3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Even in Philadelphia Webber abused Ben on the block, and he sure as hell can't guard Rasheed.

Speaking of "abusing", though, Luol Deng is probably going to make Tayshaun wave his arms around and cry, again, Hinrich's going to shut down Rip, again, and we still can't guard Ben Gordon.

4. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Do you have anything to add to that? Will the Bulls hit more threes during warmups? Will Scott Skiles' shoes be shinier than Flip's?

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

oops, didn't mean to sell this game but i forgot to take it off stubhub, and someone bought my tickets...the one game i wanted to go to all year. at least i was well compensated ;p

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

I have an obligation on Sunday that I can't get out of and I will miss the game completely...ARRRRRG! :yellowprison:

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

8. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Wallace said he's not sure what kind of reaction he'll get when he returns to Detroit on Sunday, his first trip back since signing with the Bulls as a free agent. "Those are Piston fans and I'm a Bull," he said. "`If they cheer it will be great. If they boo it will be great. As long as I get some type of reaction."

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

A great game to close out the month of February. Looking back on the month, the Pistons only lost one game; to the SA Spurs.

Let`s get this win to make it a 10-1 month. The Bulls have been up and down this month but I am sure Ben and his boys will be up for this one.

Expect a playoff type game, with a Piston victory - 93-87

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A win Sunday would mean that the much-maligned bolegged-twitching Flip would be dare we say, eastern conference coach of the month for February (beating out Sam Mitchell of course)

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is a lose-lose game for me. If we beat Ben badly, I will feel bad. If we lose to the Bulls, I will feel bad.

The only way I feel good is if Ben has 20 rebounds and hits all his free throws, and the Pistons win by 1 point.

12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure I'm ready for this game after being shown the error of our ways by Darko and the Magic...

Maybe Dolphin will Hack-A-Ben until Skiles relents and pulls him out for the remainder...therefore handing victory to the Pistons on a silver platter.

13. max

max All-Star

Low - Would you consider replacing your Bulls avatar if the Pistons win?

BTW - I hope the Pistons win and Ben has 3 boards and gets benched for fighting with Skiles. Know its not going to happen, its going to be a tough game. At this point you have to start thinking of sending messages to teams that you may see in the post-season so I am sure the Pistons will be playing their best.

14. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Still have mixed feelings seeing Ben in another uniform. Hope the Pistons start the game with a montage recognizing Ben's great moments with the team. After tip off the I want the Pistons to pound the Bulls, though I doubt that will happen.

15. Pwn Toney

Well, you're going to see a change no matter what the outcome considering I lost that bet during the home game vs ORL.

However, my av is simply a silent protest in support of Ben Wallace ONLY. Not the bulls. I'm not arguing about Ben anymore so that's my way of not getting sucked back in to the bickering. After I literaly took part in running people out of chat, I decided to refrain from %%%%%ing about Ben. It's not solving anything and no one agrees at the end of it all.

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Do you think Ben feels bad when the Pistons lose? I doubt it. He's a Bull now and when we play him he is the enemy just like any other player.

Of course, cheer him and show your appreciation for his past accomplishments when his name is announced. But I think once the game starts you are going to hope he misses every free throw, and gets butter fingers near the boards.

Ben made his choice. The Pistons made theirs.

Go Pistons!

17. max

max All-Star

Funny you mention that. Lately when I have been seeing yours and others posts around on this I have been trying to make a point of refraining. Everyone has a right to their own opinions right?

18. Pwn Toney

Absolutely, hence my Wallace avatar. States my view....saves us the misery.

19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The bottom line on Ben bolting to the Bulls is this; Ben needs some serious help to contend for a ship in Chi-Town. If he stayed in Detroit would his chances be better to win it all?

IMO, winning a championship didn`t weigh on Ben`s mind at the time of making his decision to move on. If Skiles and Paxson don`t make a move by next season to improve the Bulls chances of winning a title will Ben be upset? Or, will he be happy playing out his career with a fat paycheck?

We will find out, real soon......

20. Pwn Toney

Well, I've always maintained that his AND our chances were better with him here, though I doubt Saunders possesses the ability to utilize Ben's talents effectively.