1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Home Chicago Bulls Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Greg Monroe is an example of a good player, not a great player. To be great, you need an amazing work ethic ala TD, KG, Kobe etc. That's what separates good from great.

2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I was very disappointed with Bynum this time out. I am usually quick to defend the guy as he can be a very useful role player off the bench but this was a bottom barrel shocker. I'm sorry, but if you give up a turnover for carrying the ball then you don't deserve to be on the court. This isn't rec league. You are an NBA level point guard, the epitome of basketball athlete. You know how to dribble, so do it. He should have been relegated to the bench immediately for that.

Mo has a bad habit of being really inconsistent with his approach to allowing people to make mistakes. I understand if he lets something slide when you are playing really well. Fine. But if all you have done is put up bad shots and create turnovers, alongside poor defense, then there is no reason for you to be on the court.

As I said in the chat. I think this one is on Cheeks. Sure nothing was falling, but he left a visibly bad unit out there way too long and put no effort into trying to make it better. Stuckey (yes, that guy) was the only reason this was even competitive once we had come back from the half time break.

del and Lee356 like this.
  3. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I feel like I should take back a little of the bad stuff I've been thinking about Stuckey. He was constantly on my last nerve, along with WB who I absolutely cannot stand. Stuck's been playing well I gotta give it to him. Just have to see if he will keep it up, I kind of think he won't but will be very happy if he does.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons shot something like 68% in the first half and were up 4 points. I don't know if they were ever playing well.

They were winning.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hmm, good shooting previous game for Pope. Then this game we did not let him take a shot until well into the 2nd half of the game. Not the time to pick on his shot really.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Caldwell-Pope is currently ranks 352nd in the NBA in field goal percentage (.333).

KCP ranks 215th in 3-point shooting percentage (.268).

He is a "shooting" guard.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Does anyone outside of Stuckey have even a decent 3pt % on the team?

They don't get a lot of great looks out there.

Pope can shoot, but I don't know if he was ever a "shooter".

I think he'd do better if he were able to play off the other four and get set up for shots.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Positive plus minus, so maybe he's making up for it with his defense? It's really tough to be in the black with the rest of this starting unit, which is where he's getting his minutes.

Wasn't he supposed to be the best shooter in the draft? If so, it pays to wait for it to come around.

9. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Guys, season +/- stats are being used horrible out of context. We are a net negative for the season, so its going to be rare that a player has a positive stat in this regard for our team. Even then, I wouldn't trust it.

They get plenty of good looks, but often, rather than making the extra pass for the open look, we see contested jumpers and bad drives. The last qtr of this game showed every bad thing about this team. Bad defensive system with 3 bigs. Slack perimeter defense. Bad passing. Lack of creativity in the half court. Lack of spacing. Poor shooters. Inability to control the pace of the game.

Bottom line is, we are a team with the talent to have both gears. We should burn teams in transition with athletes and ball handlers like Jennings and Smith, and be able to run good creative half court sets with so much passing ability (Monroe, Smith) in the low and high post.

coynejeremy and del like this.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

One thing I forgot to mention. I have noted several times that even when going right, Jennings finishes with his left. This game, he did the same thing, but for the first time this season, he had nothing but a simple layup to complete. From the right. He shot it left handed, and missed. I doubt another NBA player would have missed this shot. In my opinion, Stuckey should start next game, and Jennings should be spending his time drilling on how to use his right hand - his strong hand, to make a simple layup from the right.

LA Dre and KGREG like this.
  11. George_athens

George_athens Second Round Draft Pick

Hello everyone. I am George from Athens, Greece and i am new in the forum. I am reading the posts from this summer and watching Pistons the last 10 years.
    I hope i can learn some things from the older members! :)
    Thanks!

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Lee knows ambidextrousness

linwood likes this.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

What's up, George! Welcome aboard. How'd you get interested in the Pistons?

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Singler has played about half of the total minutes and is firmly in the black. Just pointing out that he may be doing something right and may not be a guy to spend every recap harping on. Maybe start with the guys that are getting decimated by the opposition first.

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's too late. I just can't stand the guy.