Away Chicago Bulls Wednesday Jan 23 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Chicago Bulls

Wednesday Jan 23 2013 - 8:00 PM EST

United Center, Chicago, IL

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Looking for a big game from Rodney...remember had a a 40 point game againt the Bulls in 2008.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The key to this game is to keep Joakim Noah from going for 30 and 23 again. Gotta get Drummond in his kitchen.

5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I have a bad feeling that max is gonna get exploited and so will Singler defence in this one trying to chase Rip around all night will possibly kill the young fella and make him retire.

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

BIG WIN COMING UP!

del likes this.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Andre's favorite room is the kitchen.

[​IMG]

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Chicago 102 - Pistons 83

9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Im gonna go agains evrything I hold dear and try to throw some mojo on this...Pistons 108 chicago 87

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't look now, but the Stones are up 47-38 at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tonight's goat: Greg Monroe. Horrid play all around. This was not a coaching loss. No need to blame "rotations"; simply put, our leading scorer got PUNKED tonight. Noah outworked him and simply exposed him. Tonight I saw the Greg Monroe that we can look forward to from here on out, I seriously doubt if he'll ever have what it takes to play against the NBA's top talent.

12. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Frustrating loss. I hate watching other teams "turn it on" at the end of the game, which is exactly what Chicago did, because it's a reminder that some of the Pistons' success is other teams not taking them seriously yet.

Sad result, because up until the Bulls got scorching hot in the fourth, the Pistons had played very good defense and were actually shooting pretty well. It's clear that Knight is the Pistons' best defensive guard, because Nate Robinson chewed up Bynum and Stuckey and spit them out, rallying the team and the fans. Knight absolutely stonewalled Hinrich into his worst game this season, only to watch as Robinson blew up on his backups. Hopefully this was a learning experience, because Knight came back into the game and shut Robinson down, allowing the Pistons to get back into it and put them in a position to win (until that ridiculous play by Noah - and I don't necessarily mean ridiculous in a good way).

And it's absolutely inexcusable that Frank is incapable of handling end-of-game rotations. There's no way in hell that Maxiell should have been in the game with 7 seconds left, because he's not a threat to shoot a three, does not pass all that well, and if Thibadeau had any brains at all he would have had the team foul him the second he touched the ball. Instead, Frank left most of his best three-point shooters (Daye - .515, CV - .394, and Bynum - .389) on the bench in favor of a lineup of Prince (.435), Knight (.384), Stuckey (.316), Monroe, and Maxiell (N/A). Gee, I wonder who's going to take that shot? :sherlock: At the VERY least, he should have subbed CV for Max, probably should have put Bynum in for Stuckey, and I would have considered Daye for Monroe, too (though I can understand the need to have a guy that can stretch the floor down low). Unfortunately, what happened is that Prince took a highly contested three, and even though Knight managed to tap the ball back out to Stuckey for the final shot, they still missed.

Lastly, the biggest issue was on the offensive end in the fourth quarter. I can't count how many times Max and Monroe got the ball and had nobody in their faces, only to swing it to Stuckey, who is not nearly as good an offensive player as he thinks he is. While he only went 5-16, I am going to be fair to him and point out that he was on the court with four other guys that were looking for him to take the shot. But when Prince shoots 5-12, Monroe goes 4-13, and Stuckey goes 5-16, you're going to lose, and the Pistons did.

13. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

He played against a guy (Noah) that knew how to play him - take away Monroe's drive and you take away his game. Noah backed off and dared Monroe to shoot the jumper, knowing full well that Monroe wouldn't.

copper likes this.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We blinked and they lost by 3 after being up 17 with a few minutes left in the third quarter. Blame this loss on four things Nate Robinsons 4th quarter energy, the Bulls defense, Rod Stuckey bad shooting, and the coach for leaving him out there to shoot us out of the game. Yeah we came back and tied, but a lucky out of bounds save by Noah led to the winning basket and one.

Everyone in Chat was yelling for the coach to pull Stuckey ...even when we still had a five point lead, but the PistonForum bench coach did not have his IPAD or Galaxy Note 2 on to share our concerns, so the message never got to Frank. For the game, Stuckey was 5-16 with three turnovers, including two where he was standing out of bounds when he was passed the ball. I think he was 2-8 in the 4th quarter alone. It was the 18 straight loss to the Bulls dating back to 2009...which begs the question, when did Stuckey show up?:confused:

We wasted Dre out there during the 4th while Boozer was on the bench as we could have set up the alley-oop, but the ball kept falling into Stuckey's hands...

Monroe was a non-factor getting beat on defense and playing outside the lane nearly the whole time he was in there the 4th quarter.

The Pistons were controlling this game until Nate Robinson entered in the 4th and he scored what appeared to be 8 straight points to bring them within one and the rest of the Bulls took over from there.

A win here would have given them the confidence to probably get a couple of more wins on this road trip, but instead, we lose because the coach didn;t recognize that he had a wild card out there in Stuckey and chose to leave him in there to destroy a chance of victory.

When JZ entered chat the Pistons were up 68-57 and he said first team to 85 wins? and I said hopefully the first team to 70....Well 85 was the magic number and unfortunately the Pistons never got there being outscored 28-14 in the 4th.

Oh by the way, both # 1 Duke and ESPN's # 1 team Lakers lost tonight so at least there was something to cheer about tonight.:good:

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This organization's jaded allegiance to Rodney Stuckey is unreal.

Nemo likes this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

By organization, you mean Joe Dumars?

17. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Don't look now, Pistons blew another 17 point lead against the hated Bulls. :swear2:

Monroe's line: 9 points on 4/13 shooting (horrible), 6 assists (good), 8 rebounds (subpar when it's in 37+ minutes) and just terrible, nonchalant, nonexistent defense. His inability to finish at the rim and his white-knuckle fear of taking the jumper really hurts the team.

Brandon played well, scored efficiently but couldn't hit on his 3s. He played good defense on both Hinrich and Robinson. He was our leading scorer despite taking less shots than Tay, Greg and Stuckey (same number as Old Bynum with 9) and got 7 assists to go with it.

Kyle also played well. He should have been subbed back in when it was clear Stuckey didn't have it, but nooooo, we needed an eternal rookie on the floor because "veteran!". Kyle shot efficiently, was 5 of 7 for 12 points.

Bynum - Old Bynum, the ball hog showed up tonight. This is what happens when going against a team that can protect against the lob. This guy took 9 shots in 16 minutes and had 1 assist to go along with bad defense. He's been playing well lately - he just did not tonight.

Stuckey - I put this loss on him (and coach for sticking with him until the bitter end). He got tunnel vision and repeatedly got caught inside with no choice but to toss up a bunch of wild shots. He was also caught standing out of bounds in the corner twice (shockingly led the team in TOs with 3), shot 5 of 16! for a whopping 11 points and didn't really get to the line to make up for it. The Bulls' announcers kept saying we gave up Chauncey to make room for him - and no, Stacey, that didn't work out too well for us. I'm sick of seeing this guy on the team.

Andre was ok, but he did make a rather egregious error getting caught ball watching as Robinson was trapped on the baseline (Noah then cut to the basket and dunked, gave the bulls a 6 point lead) and never saw the floor again, despite Monroe being a sad sack defender.

Tayshaun was ok. He was good in the first half, then was just as horrible as the rest of 'em in the fourth (though he came back on too late imo).

Max played pretty well, did as good a job as anyone on Boozer but should've been subbed out for a viable 3 point threat with the team down 3.

Daye - Invisible Austin's run continues.

BoT was more Garbagey than usual. Only took one shot (missed it) then proceeded to get exposed for being the horrible defender he is and contributing to the Pistons being in the penalty really early in the second quarter with his 3 fouls.

Coach Frank - guy has done a pretty good job lately, but he was off in this game. Bynum and Stuckey were both net negatives in the second half with the Bulls' defense picking up, taking bad shots and stagnating the offense with too much dribbling (Bynum) and too much general cluelessness and one dimensionalism (Stuckey). He once again waited until the entire lead was gone before putting the guys who got them the lead in the first place back in, and then kept Stuckey in to compound the mistake. :gaah:

Up next: Miami. Y'all know they're going to come out firing after we beat them last game, and this one is on their home floor - expect 5 on 8.

LA Dre likes this.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

As well as Lawrence, he feels this obligation to get this piece of crap player a ton of (undeserved) minutes.......and I for the life of me I simply cannot understand WHY? He HAS to have some very compromising pictures of..........EVERYBODY

19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I was good and stayed away from the chat, I didnt want to piss everyone off by screaming and yelling about what an idiot Larry Tidbit was when everyone and their brother could see the offense go stagnant and chicagos defense started to collapse into the lane and Our genius in charge Pulls Singler ( our 1 distance/ floor spreading shooter) and inserted superstupid who cant stay inbounds when someone was nice enough to put a solid line all the way around the court just so you know where the out of bounds is. This was a recipe that Chicago must have been laughing their collective asses off at. Some Tidbit now has, no distance shooters and allows Chicagos defense which is good by themselves...the ability to collapse into the lane and completely eliminate the threat of offensive rebounding. Add to hat " our building block " Monroe and his fear to shoot the WIDE open foul line jumper that Chicago was giving him. He instead either held the ball and finally shot a miserable airbal or bounced it off the shot clock, or drove out of control worse than Stuckey and then sulked about a supposed no call and allowed Chicago to get out running.
    This WAS a coaching loss, and there is NO debate. We should have had CV and Daye in there when we needed scoring and Stuckey should be sitting beside JJ in Bench Siberia. Even if CV and Daye arent playing defence? at least they keep the floor spread and are threats to score and shoot for god sake.l
    This game was a simple microcasm of Tidbits inadequasies(sp) as coach...we need scoring he put non shooters on the floor...we need spacing he puts drivers and non shooters in the game. We need a 3 ball at the end and he puts 1 actual threat in with 4 not so muchs'

Ernie the Slow Adult and TaShawn like this.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

First quarter, Bulls announcers describe a Rodney Stuckey drive as "a million dollar move topped off with a 10 cent shot." That one made me laugh!

del, kpaav, Nemo and 5 others like this.