Away Chicago Bulls Sunday Mar 31 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

GOLD. :rofl:

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Jsut wanted to point out - in the first half, we saw the youth movement. And we won that half. In the 2nd half, we saw hardly any of English, and none of Middleton. Instead, we saw extensive use of a 3 point guard unit that always loses - and of course, we lost the 2nd half. Middleton, he made several good plays. He is pretty darn good at breaking down the defense, with head up, and finding the right guy on the perimeter with the right pass. He should be starting, and should have been starting from early in the season, over Tay.

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I liked Missleton for the most part, the stats wont show it but on the offensive end he kept the ball moving and made the penetration dribble to set up his pass to CV on a nice 3 ball. Little things that make a difference between getting a teammate open for a pass, and simply passing the ball. Or in Stuckeys case? driving and not passing. His defense is still awkward at best but he has good enough footwork to be decent. I liked the Drum Moose pairing as well, and I know ive been a screamer for Drum to get more minutes ALL YEAR but as the season winds down and I dont mind him getting 20-30 minutes as long as it has some type of flow to it. If that makes sense to anyone? Singler has shown his upside and unfortunately his downside this year. He seems to always be the defender thats man is open on the perimeter. I dont know if thats his lapse or defensive rotations being blown. I was extremely happy to see coach actually play both Middleton AND English in the same game for once, it always seems that we get one or the other but never both.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Frank the Tank had his hands tied without Will Bynum's services. There's nothing that he could have done.

Just looking at Middleton's stats that don't depend on the minutes that he's been given (because those look much worse since he doesn't get much PT):

PER- 13th
    TS%- 14th
    eFG- 15th
    Reb%- 14th
    Ast%- 11th
    Stl%- 9th
    Blk%- 8th

So, apart from shooting at a horrible percentage, not getting to the line much, hardly ever rebounding or passing, he's pretty much establishing himself as an average stealer and blocker against 2nd/3rd units in garbage time situations.

Given all that, I can see some talent there and want to see him play more as well.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I guess copper was right.
    [​IMG]

6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

everyone is sleeping on Middleton and the crow is gonna need a beer chaser fellas...and yes English is my third language

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I like to think of him as a top 5 lotto pick who slipped a little due to injury.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

8. copper

copper Bench Warmer

dont think hes top 5 , but i would put him top 20 if he werent injured. Hes got scoring mentality from mid range in, his deep ball will come around, but he gives us a player that can put the ball on the floor and pull up before he gets to the rim...which we desperately need on this team.. He also is good at setting up the pass to get a teammate open, and he makes quick decisions with the ball to keep the defense from setting up. He has played some of the better defense from that position than his teammates.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That corner three point stroke looks mighty smooth.

10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Hes got a scorers stroke, he gets off some awkward shots and has a knack for getting the ball to the rim in a variety of ways. He isnt a jump shooter, or a slasher but kind of able to do both. Im not saying he is a star or great at either...but he is young and inexperienced but shows promise.

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I got Middleton #3 on my draft board behind Drummond and Anthony Davis if they re-did the draft now.

12. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I don't know whether you are serious or not.

But if they re do the draft, Lillard goes #1. No doubt. Davis is good but he is over rated because he is a big man. Same goes with Nerlens Noel.

Also, Khris Middleton never went top 5. He could have added 15 inches to his vertical, done the 40 in 2.5 and still not gone top 5. MKG, Beal, Dion, Lillard all go ahead of him every time. I'd argue Terrence Ross is up there too. Harrison Barnes and Thomas Robinson were the two bad picks in the top 10

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Where would you put Walter Sharpe if he would have been eligible Ernie?

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

I guess I'm taking:

Drummond
    Lillard
    Middleton
    Davis
    Gillchrist

15. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

My order of picking would be:

Davis
    Drummond
    Lillard
    Middleton
    MKG

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Those were his measurements before he got hurt.
    He was top 10 on my board until his latest parking lot sleeping stunt. He's lucky he wasn't stabbed!
    Thank you. Drummond has to go #1. You'd be laughed out of the war room if you took Lilliard.
    Is that Big Baby Davis you have going #1?

17. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think Missleton's trajectory was in the 15-20 range unless he got uncorked. I think he could be a key 6th man on a good team or starter on a bad team a la Afflalo. After his 4th year if he makes it that far.