Away Chicago Bulls Sunday Mar 31 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Chicago Bulls

Sunday Mar 31 2013 - 7:00 PM EST

United Center, Chicago, IL

TV: FS Detroit, WGN America

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They stopped the 2nd longest winning steak in nba history, but can they handle andre drummond? We shall see...
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Monroe looks horrible.

Team isn't together at all. If anyone needs a reset button, its this team.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At halftime, the Pistons are beating Chicago (the team that just broke Miami's 27-game win streak) in Chicago. What is it exactly that you were hoping for from this game?
    The Low likes this.
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

watching game on WGN here in Raleigh....if Monroe had a superstar to play with, he'd be a Hall of Famer!
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Happy Easter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  10. Slippy

I wrote that in the 1st when Drummond and Monroe were on the floor together. Monroe looked like a fish out of water. JJ went down twice and the rest of the guys just milled about like extras in the Walking Dead until English remembered what his rookie role was and ran over to help him up. What was I hoping for? Just some sense that these guys were in this thing, no matter how bad, together. Maybe they are. I didn't see it that way.
    I get a sense that the spirit of the team has been routed.
  11. Slippy

Slippy-cap: The team looked bad but almost pulled out a win so that was good.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How many minutes did Singler get? Good God!

I though Monroe and Drummond looked pretty good together.

Nice job by Frank getting caught with Andre on the bench for the stretch run even though the Pistons held a slight
    lead most of the 2nd half. That's savvy.
    The Low likes this.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

14 boards in 22 min against the Bulls? They didn't have Noah, but still a ton of production.

Perfect game in the big picture. Hopefully LF was purposefully tanking when he yanked Drum and went small ball with JJ at PF and CV at C.

Also, having Stuck run the point duties with Knight and Calderon on the wings was so subtle that nobody will know what we are up to.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Tanked on purpose in the 2nd half.

Ran a 3 point guard set to absolutely ensure the loss.
    Left Drummond out at the end, to ensure the loss.

In the first half, for a while, we were pretty good at positions 1 thru 3. Stuckey at point, able to drive, or hit the pull up if they backed off him. Floor spread by two very capable wing players in Middleton and English.

Of note, Drummond had a fine rebounding game, Monroe a nice double double. And about the first time this season Frank ran that good skill player setup, for a whole 6 minutes. Middleton was easily the most effective player on both ends tonight, so of course coach only played him 6 minutes, because he surely has strict orders to lose.

If we had started Calderon, English, Middleton, Monroe, Drummond, this would have been a total blowout in the Pistons favor.
  15. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I... You gotta be trolling, right? Stuckey/English/Middleton/Jerebko/CV, or Stuckey/English/Middleton/CV/Drummond, or Stuckey/Knight/Middleton/CV/Drummond, - which was the good skill player setup, because I'm not sure?

And Middleton was the most effective player on both ends? 1 rebound, 1 assist, and a foul. That's it. In 6 minutes, that's all he contributed. When he came in, they were up by 8. When he left, they were up by 8. That's a neutral impact, at best.

Either you're trolling or more susceptible to confirmation bias than anyone else I've ever known.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The team looked decent hanging with the Heat Streak busters through three quarters and even led at the end of each quarter except for the one that counted.
    As soon as it appeared that they might score a rare road victory, they quickly let their feet up off the peddle and eased into a one point loss. So what is that ...one March victory? Who won the pool?

The Pistons are doing their best to try to move to third best opportunity for lottery % slotting, but those darn Suns and Cavs won't budge as they have lost 6 and 8 straight games respectively so we are still stuck at five....
    roscoe36 likes this.
  17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

A perfect loss. Middleton singlehandedly kept us in the game, another minute on the floor for him and we'd be picking alot later.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Before I reply, did you actually watch the game? I did. That is my opinion, from watching the game. There is more to the game than plus minus numbers. You got to look at who is in the game, with the 3 skill players (I am talking about point guard, shooting guard, and small forward, as opposed to the bigs, power forward and center, if you did not manage to understand what I was talking about by skill players.) PS. I am not a troll, I have been posting here like forever, thankyou. And I hope you have a wonderful day, above all else.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wasn't the difference in this game those two two straight air ball free throws by Drummond? If anyone else had done it, they would have been accused of tanking this game.

I hope Joe was out scouting tourney games this weekend and only saw the Drummond "air ball" show via Piston playback...and I hoped he LOL and said that's my boy!:sssh:
  20. Slippy

I like Middleton and he made 1 good play but on D he looked like Singler. And that is not praise. A lot of little things added up to a needed loss. Singler's stupid foul at the 3 pt line. CV letting Deng rebound. English making a bad pass. Frank is coaching to lose. But at least he is not grinding our main guys and sitting the kids. A lot of us wanted to see a youth movement and its here, mixed in. Its ugly but losing always is. The lottery will at least be exciting.