Home Chicago Bulls Sunday Apr 7 2013

Discussion in 'April 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Chicago Bulls

Sunday Apr 7 2013 - 7:30 PM EST

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. roscoe36

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Did the team read the articles about Frank's future? They're playing inspired basketball considering what they looked like recently.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Will Bynum is back.
    linwood likes this.
  5. Slippy

Bynum can be frustrating at times but the dude is a warrior. He is Detroit basketball.
    brofmfa and roscoe36 like this.
  6. roscoe36

Great win!
  7. Slippy

A fantastic win. Moving without the ball, working together, playing defense.

I watched Middleton play a significant stretch and I am liking what I see. He is more involved and he's playing good D. Butler had to work pretty hard this time. He showed nice poise and decision making.

JJ was looked solid and his stats proved it. Nice rebounding. Solid on the catch and drive and his athleticism allows him to finish at the rim. He is a guy that needs to get in a flow. With Maxiell and CV crowding him out, he was out of sorts IMO. Nice game from him. Hopefully we can sort out the roster and take advantage of his skillset.

Bynum was good. He is what he is. He's not a floor general. But he made some good passes and caused the defense to react to him.

I missed where Knight went off but he looked focused. With the make-up of the team as it is, I don't think we need a Billups type PG. Singler, Middleton, Monroe can all make plays and I really really like the offense running through Monroe.

I hope Knight was able to pick up things from Jose. He is a bright kid. He needs a good role model.
  8. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

Safe to safe we are either a 5th or 6th pick. Out of the Otto Porter range. I mean its not a great draft (terrible, really), but man we need that long wing guy. Maybe I could warm up to a "Big 3" with Monroe, Drummond, and Bennett, sort of like what many teams do with their guards.

Middleton needs big minutes going forward, as does Jonas. We have a hell of a decision with them. Middleton can show if he is going to be key next year, and Jonas needs to fight for that rotation spot.

So long, Jose. Knight is our guy going forward and its pointless to put him at the two and minimize his role.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

4 games left. The Pistons 5th pick still is in danger. New Orleans and Sacramento play each other Wed. After that, Sac has a tough schedule. Not much room for error on the Piston side and Charlotte and Cleveland are on tap. The organization has done a good job so far of working into a top pick and playing their young guys. Let's not blow it. It so close...

I like that JJ has found his shot but he can shoot it next year.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Cleveland is getting hot.
  11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Draft Choice Alert! New Orleans just won! So Wed., New Orleans or Sacramento will get another win!

The Pistons scored more points than Sacramento--as they split the series. Is that how a tie works? New Orleans beat the Pistons twice.

Yes, maybe the Cavs can win one against the Pistons. They have safely tanked and can afford a win.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It's hard to complain about wins at this point. If you told me at the start of the year that the Pistons would have the 5th worst record in the league at this point I don't think I would have believed you. Drummond would have to had to have been a stiff for that to happen.

It's a shame that they got this record and Monroe, Drummond and Knight got so little time together. That's why Frank has to go.
  13. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

What happens, happens.

We need certain contracts to expire more than we need to acquire talent. If we can give Middleton & English 15mpg, Pair Drum and Moose for minimum 15mpg, then I will be happy.

I'm almost kinda happy that Bynum is around. I am starting to think we keep him on a Nate Robinson type deal. No more than 1.5m a year for 2-3 years.
    BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  14. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Pleased to see that pesky 18 game losing streak to the Bulls snapped, finally. Kids played pretty well.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  15. roscoe36

You're kidding, right? That's the veterans minimum...
  16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Fun game to watch. Highlights for me:

Pre-game George and Greg are talking...someone throws a ball just over their heads...then Andre Drummond sneaks into the picture and pats Greg and George on the head.

Middleton has a smooth shot. He looks like he could be a valuable rotation player next year.

Nate Robinson never stops talking...I can't see why BK gets under his skin so much.

For those who didn't think Larry Frank was a good coach, I'm guessing the "Sounds of the Game" last night may have changed your mind:

1) He is clapping his hands and shouts "Hey, let's go".
    2) "Hey, let's go" again, also with clapping hands and enthusiasm
    3) During a timeout he is shouting at the team to play with energy and then he reaches out to fist bump the players and only gets two takers.

I really hope we sign Will next year.
    coynejeremy, linwood and BallDon'tLie like this.
  17. Slippy

One session had him saying: "We talked about getting 1 play, 1 stop, blah blah blah" I could see the words bouncing off the faces of the guys around him. Man, that felt awkward.

Give it to Frank, he is trying his darnest out there. The offense has movement built into it. Its better to me than Saunders jump shooting bonanza. The defensive schemes are questionable to me. The overall results are brutal.
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

4 games left. The season is over. For the Pistons, what will be the team's draft position is the key question? I trust Joe to find a significant piece if the Pistons draft in the top 5. No more mistakes like drafting a guy (Darko) whom he never saw play. But at the 7 or 8th spot, it is finding another GM's mistakes if there is one. It is time for the Pistons to have a top pick. This will be it for a long while--I imagine--as far as the lottery goes.

Four years of misery. No the talent is not there--not enough. But the foundation is forming through the top picks (Monroe, Drummond and this year's pick). Other young players are developing like Singler, Knight and JJ, maybe Middleton.

Right now, there is not one good shooter on the team other than Calderon. Young players typically take several years to get a good shot.

The high draft pick this year is a gift. The Pistons are not that bad. But four years of misery means that the team is still lacking and blowing the pick's potential through meaningless wins not in the interests of the organization. Think of the misery and see how important the pick is. Think of the misery when evaluating the veterans.

We have seen enough of the veterans. They should be moved one at a time. Play the youth. Lose. Play the youth. Eventually, this young core plus the top pick will win.

Again, enough of the veterans. Let them start over elsewhere. Establish a new era starting in four games.

As for free agents, fine. But not any more marginal guys. Keep the money then and just play the youth.
  19. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

For a 10mpg guy who shoots 40% and is fast but cant play defense.

There isn't exactly a shortage of these guys
  20. roscoe36

He's not a 3rd string guard. He's a second string guard in this league.

Instead of looking at his minutes, look at his production per minute. Look at his games with 25+ minutes.
    brofmfa likes this.