1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Chicago Bulls - Saturday, March 21, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 14, 2015.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chicago Bulls

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 7:30 PM Eastern

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 105.1 FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

MJ vs. Zeke

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How does a team that loses an all star in Butler and a former MVP in Rose, still win games over other playoff teams....good coaching and secondary players that step up.

I thought we had a good coach, but guess our primary and secondary players just haven't stepped when needed....lately when it counted, but now we don't expect them to.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. roscoe36

They have organizational stability. Something we haven't had since LB got the boot.

LA Dre and detteam like this.
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Let's all hope SVG demotes himself to GM only and hires Laimbeer in the off season...

:tape:

7. roscoe36

Mike Dunleavy, there is a blast from the past.

Pistons holding their own early. But the Bulls are dangerous.

8. roscoe36

Caron Butler looks youthful banging down 3 after 3.

9. roscoe36

This has turned into an amazing game.

10. roscoe36

Joel Anthony!!!

11. kolay

kolay First Round Draft Pick

Great game when our benches pick up their defense!

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. kolay

kolay First Round Draft Pick

and Tay vacuumed all the rebounds in the 4th!

13. roscoe36

We can let Moose walk and re-sign Tay. Tay is a better defensive rebounder than Moose or Dre. He's also a decent FT shooter and can handle the ball in a pinch. Really great post defense tonight against Taj Gibson.

I am of course kidding but Tay played like he was in his prime tonight. Really fun to watch.

14. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watched this game after spending the day watching the Michigan Girls' High School State Championship, a handful of NCAA tourney games (UCLA/UAB, Kentucky/Cincy, Ohio St./Arizona).

To be honest, the result of the Pistons game tonight made me quite frustrated.

Watching a girls team down 20 points at half claw their way back into the game to send the game to overtime and dominate in OT, made me remember what basketball is all about. Doing whatever it takes to win, being as fierce of a competitor, being a great teammate, and always having good sportsmanship. This was radiated in this game and that's what made it so entertaining.

Taking a step up, my favorite team today to watch was actually Cincinnati. They were fighting so hard to stay with Kentucky and if you just look at the final score, it isn't noted how much effort this team put into this win. Two of their players had 5 and 6 offensive rebounds respectively, fighting for second chances in every possession. The game was back and forth til about half-way through the second half. All that matters in this tournament is winning. No matter what. That's what makes March Madness so fun and exciting.

Going to the next level, professional basketball. Everything that happened was bitter sweet. What matters most in the NBA? Winning championships. Regular season record only matters for two things: making the playoffs or getting lottery balls for the draft. Ask the Spurs. We throw regular season record out the window the second the playoffs start. This has the spirit of high school and NCAA basketball.

Everything that happens for the Pistons for the remainder of the season is bitter sweet. Our inherent nature wants us to want our team to win the game. Our logical minds realize that the Pistons have less than a 1% chance of making the playoffs and the only other thing that matters from the regular season for the Pistons this year is our lottery position, which we look to maximize our losses.

Not sure how to find an inner comfort or resolution from this adverse effect of my heart wanting to the Pistons to win, but my mind wanting the Pistons to lose.

How do we make it through the games with this constant conflict as fans?

del, brofmfa and roscoe36 like this.
  15. roscoe36

I am not watching with any expectations. I gave up on this game at the half, then checked the score after dinner and made a beeline to watch the finish. We were down 5 when I decided to pay attention again.

Some nights we will get lucky (like tonight) and see some entertaining basketball.

I'd rather see some good ball than get a marginally higher chance of drafting higher. But that's my preference.

Cincy plays hard. They always have.

junior and Laimbrane like this.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Took the wife to see a couple of matinees> Insurgent/Divergent and The Gunman...(reviews later) Got home and the game was at the half with with Pistons down 12.

We still had daylight, so I turned on the DVR and went outside to trim the hedges. Came back in and saw SVG at the podium talking about the second quarter, so not wanting to know anything about the final score, quickly went to the DVR to watch the third... It was all Gasol all the time as he had about 10 of the first 15 Bulls points as the Pistons fail down by 19. I started to fast forward through the game, but decided to stick with it and watch what look like a slight comeback turn into a real comeback and win. Ironically to me seem like the comeback started as soon the camera focused on Rose and Butler smiling in their suits....the Pistons closed to the quarter on a 27-7 run and the Pistons led 80-79 at the end of 3.

In the fourth, it was all Pistons. The Bulls Kirk Heinrich hit a bucket that tied the score at 83-83 with 9:11 left in the 4th, and the what seem like an eternity, the Bulls were stuck on 83 while the Pistons seem to score at will...in fact the Bulls did not score again until it was 2:10 left in the game on a bucket by Gasol, but by then we were sitting on 100 points. So our defense and the 10 boards grabbed by Tay were both a thing of beauty. The old front line of Tay and Joel was phenomenal. Reggie running the offense in the second part the third and then Dimwidde doing it in the 4th, stopped the Taynking for a nice home victory, but they would need to win out to get in the playoffs.

Both Piston point guards had double-doubles and Dre just missed one, but sat out the 4th quarter as did RJ.

Great win for the Palace faithful as the Pistons once again play up for the playoff teams in beating the Wizards, Grizzlies and Bulls (twice) and then sink to the level of the lower echelon teams getting swept by the Lakers and Twolves and losing three of four to Sixers and losing to the bottom seeded Knicks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  17. brofmfa

brofmfa Team Captain Forum Donor

Both PGs had double-doubles in a game against 42-28 Bulls was a bright thing that made my Sunday shine.

C-Bill and roscoe36 like this.
  18. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

Not only all those 4th quarter rebounds. In the first 5-6 minutes of the fourth, our offense was getting a couple buckets but was kinda looking like it might stall out like it did in the 2nd. On D, Tay was grabbing every missed shot, and he cause three possession changes with a block and two aggressive steals. He kept us close why we were missing some shots before the surge really got going. It seemed like he was missing his shots to me, but wasn't as bad as I thought. If that one shot that rolled across the back of the rim dropped, he had been at .500.

It was nice to see the 2nd unit play so well at the end, even against Bull's starters.

You probably heard Blaha and Special K near the end of the game say we had out-scored them 50-13 after Chicago went up 19 points. Holy crap!

There are countless times were Andre gets doubled in the post and guys are standing all alone at the three. I know it is tricky to think about scoring and passing at the same time, so I'm not hating on the sophomore. But, i hope he learns to make much more frequent kick-out passes.

sidenote: I was watching the Utah feed during that game. They said KCP leads the league for the biggest difference between ppg at home and ppg away. He averages 15 at home and 9 on the road. Just thought it was interesting and been meaning to share it. I hadn't noticed.

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Only 4 turnovers? Against the Bulls? Outstanding. Sorry I missed this one.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Fun game to watch after the first half. It looked like the Bulls were going to put us away without Rose and Butler and then the Pistons flipped the switch. Tayshaun Prince playing for a while at Power Forward dominated the boards while Joel Anthony played center. Andre sat the from the end of the third quarter. Caron Butler missed a few shots and then found his groove and started hitting everything. Reggie was aggressive and hitting his shots and KCP was on fire. The game turned into a blowout Pistons win. Much excitement.

roscoe36 likes this.