1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Chicago Bulls - Saturday, April 2, 2016

Discussion in 'April 2016' started by roscoe36, Aug 18, 2015.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Reggie Jackson came up huge during crunch time once again. He is our new Mr. Big Shot.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. roscoe36

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A nail biter:nailbiting:as those of us in chat suffered through Saturday Night Fever awaiting the outcome of a game that could have been devastating had we lost it.

But despite a triple double and a bunch of other outstanding stats by Jimmy Butler...and 11 points from our bench and 14 missed FT's, we pulled this one out in the house that Jordan built.

Tobias Harris was big tonight hitting from both the outside and slicing inside when needed. Marcus Morris continues to be the Piston of the month "carryover from the March"...and he hit a few key buckets when needed before handing the keys to Mr. October 4th Quarter who hit a couple of buckets and made 4 FT down the stretch (8 in the game) . He finished with a hard earned 22 points.

The bench scored 11 points tonight on 3-11 shooting, compared to 6 points and 2-11 shooting the night before vs Dallas. They played better defense tonight and never allowed the Bulls to pull away like they did vs Dallas. Stanley 6-24 his last five games and 2 for 10 from deep.....we got a find a way to get him untracked....other wise Bullock or Hilliard will need some burn. We won 3 of those 5 so major complaints yet.

Dre got victimized by the Hackadre and was a godawful 1-10 from the charity stripe....we already know the rest of the coaches will exploit this the rest of the season and playoffs if we get there. Baynes was able to hold his own despite Brooks going straight at him for two straight buckets in 20 seconds in the third qtr.

We are back in the 7th spot with a half game over Indy and 2.5 over the Bulls. There are five games to go starting with a back to back on the road in Florida with stops in Miami and Orlando. Then there are 2 home games vs Wizards and Heat and then a possible first round preview with the Cavs in the Cleveland where one of the big three will probably hopefully resting. If we win the next 4 and clinch a game early, then we might be able to rest our starters........ We have a tie breaker in our back pocket over the Bulls just in case it comes down to that.

Great game, good win, good night!!

nene, BallDon'tLie, jzchen and 7 others like this.
  5. roscoe36

6. roscoe36

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Great report. I'd say our defense from our bench was acceptable, at times. More often, although Blake ran the offense well and our shooters (Harris or Morris playing with the bench at all times) kept hitting shots to make the bench look acceptable, mostly our D with Blake and Baynes in at the same time would never hold up any points we scored. Enough to get a win from a depleted Bulls team. Still need more from our bench, especially defense. Tolliver hit that pair of 3's or our bench production would be way to close to zilch. (Baynes made the two very clutch free throws, Blake made a three.)

Ok, not to brag, but I am in pretty good shape these days, with a resting heart rate in the mid 40's (goes as low as 36 when in shape and doing cross country running.) My point, yeah, my heart must have been beating over a thousand beats a microsecond in the crunch time of this one. Long, long time to calm down and enjoy the win. Biggest game in so many, many years. Great win. Still got a lot of season to play, just a couple less losses at this point vs. Chicago, and Washington is lurking out there. We are a better team than Miami, except who we play off the bench. PS, SJ had some solid defensive sequences even if he is not hitting his shots at the moment. He is not the problem. Rebounds quite well too.

Gotta love Reggie. Last time we had a first class player like that who can drive in at crunch time, over and over - Stack. Stack was my hero. Not saying Jackson is on that level. Back then, they could knock a guy down pretty hard and get away with it. Stack just kept taking the punishment, kept winning games for the Pistons. Jackson has a lot of that.

Note though, we got a few guys who can drive in, take a pounding, step in and make the free throws. SJ is that kind of player, or will be soon enough. Morris does not do it with the flair, but he has the length to make it work. And you got Harris who can drive in and score with the best too. Quite a group of players. And did I mention Pope is slowly getting there. Very slowly, but getting there. And you add Dre into the mix, and you got one fantastically balanced starting unit for the Pistons. Kudos to both Jackson and Pope for making some outside shots in this one.

Mogilny and LA Dre like this.
  8. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Van Gundy has got to go. He is killing me with his submission.

I was so satisfied watching this game until the end.

I'm not sure how the Pistons can purposely play small, pack the court with guys who can all shoot and drive yet never make an easy play for one another, but they do.

Drummond was all cracked out in the 3rd because he hadn't been impactful and was out of control trying to make a play. There were 3-4 times alone where KCP could have hit him for a dunk and missed him every time.

Harris and Portis were jawing and from the camera angle it seemed like Marcus Morris happened to be close so he was barking too. They switched cameras and they showed him sprinting across the court back to his man. I love that about him and think his attitude is very important to the team.

Van Gundy should have argued for a flagrant when Butler intentionality fouled Drummond from behind in the 4th. That might be misconstrued as sticking up for your players though.

Drummond, by the same measure, needs to start falling down whipping his head back and grabbing his face when he gets fouled. Make the refs work.

I think Drummond and Baynsey should have played together tonight. I think they should have had Drummond guard Portis and put Harris/Morris on Gasol as well.

Jackson seemed to be competing going through picks on D.

I don't know who I'd rather play now, CLE or Toronto.

Playoffs.

Lee356 and Mogilny like this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond led the team in assists in only 28 min. Weird game.

Hopefully the league changes the foul rule next season so that we can get true value from him.

roscoe36 and del like this.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Huge win!

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

After the game 2015-16 NBA Predictions put the Pistons odds at making the playoffs at 90% and the Bulls only 5%.

Butler gave it everything he had and Gasol hurt us but this game was probably the fatal blow to the Bulls. Great desire and effort by the Pistons. Many of the have resting heart rates almost as low as Lee but still looked exhausted after this second game of a another back-to-back.

Stan ohnson looks like he has lost his shot and never fully come back from his injury.

Andre shoots 1-10 from the line (roughly 10%) and this time there is no question about getting him out of the game.

Still like to see Bullock in there. He could bring some fresh legs and energy to a game like this. Great win.

BallDon'tLie, C-Bill, Lee356 and 2 others like this.
  13. del

del All-Star Forum Donor

Massive win! Great D down the stretch.

Was up until 4:30 watching this one, so was lucky I wasn't disappointed!

Now we just need to take care of business the last 5 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee356, basketbills and roscoe36 like this.
  14. roscoe36

C'mon Ernie, you love SVG. He is your dream coach! :)

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

shouldn't the resting pulse-rate be about 50-65 ?
    some of you might need a good tasering now and again !

16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stunning stat line by Butler.

Awesome win!

17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

From what I've read, certain extremely intense activities (highstepping etc.) can bring heart rates down to very low levels.

Some quotes from the blog a bull game thread:

Well Detroit announcer just called Pau top 10 player ITL.

I must say I do like this roster DET is building

I don't like reggie as their point though

marcus morris is a 100% pure blooded Bull Killer

hand it to the pistion's nice ball movement

Our "elite low post scorer" has been stonewalled by Aaron baynes

Stuck listening to the DET broadcast and I gotta give them props for being the least homer-ish visiting team i've had to endure this season

I can't comprehend how a NBA Player can be so bad at free throws

Certainly looks like Hoiball has become a two-man game between Butler and Gasol.

blogabull.com

del, C-Bill, coynejeremy and 3 others like this.
  18. roscoe36

I believe George or Greg said, Pau and Butler were 2 of the top 10 players in the league.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I missed a good one. I'm glad they won! Huge win on the road that they had to have.
    5 games left all against teams that we can beat. Two games against Miami will be tough because they're fighting for seeding. Washington is still fight for a spot and much like Atlanta we really struggle against this team; Gortat always outplays Dre and Wall owns Reggie. Orlando is still competing even though they've been eliminated. Clev may be resting players and hopefully we don't go into the last game needing a win to get in.

Checked the box score, Reggie STILL taking too many shots. The guy just doesn't know how to run a team, there's still hope that he can learn.

del, raw36, coynejeremy and 2 others like this.
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You didn't even watch the game and you're still complaining about how Reggie played. :lol:

basketbills and roscoe36 like this.