Away Chicago Bulls Monday Jan 9 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 7, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2012.
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

75.0%
  1. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

On the bright side, at least our offense is better than LSU's?
  2. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If we are going to suck, at least give Monroe 15 shots per night, Knight 10, Jerebko 10 and don't give Maxiell any playing time, give that time to Macklin
  3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

To be fair, Greg wasn't shooting every time he touched the ball. He passed out more often than not, which is how he got those 6 assists. They still need to get him the ball more though. The biggest travesty is Max getting 12 shots and hitting only one.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good game for Monroe. The coach even showed a sign that he is catching on to NBA ball, choosing not to use his starting front line for the bulk of the 1st quarter - which we tied, 21-21. But alas, coach did so much bad in this one. Went right back to total non-sense of believing JJ is a power forward. Had a hopeless unit out there for several minutes - Ben, JMAX, and Wilkins up front who all can't score a lick, with an inept backcourt of BenG and Bynum. Is was rather painful to watch Ben Gordon have to work all by himself completely alone out there.

Coaching loss, pure and simple.

Start Knight, Daye, JJ, Macklin, Monroe

Bench: Stuckey (Knight or Daye), Tay, Ben Wallace / JMAX, either Macklin or Monroe always out there with 2nd unit.

How would this go: Starters go first 6 minutes. Ben Wallace comes in for Macklin and Stuckey for Knight.
    This gives a unit of: Stuckey, Daye, JJ, Ben Wallace, Monroe

2nd quarter starts with Knight, Stuckey, Tay, JMAX, Macklin.

Last 6 minutes of 2nd quarter: Knight, Daye, JJ, Ben Wallace, Monroe.

2nd half same except Tay stays on to finish the game (instead of either Daye or JJ)

For average minutes: Knight 36, Daye 33, Stuckey 24, JJ 33, Tay 18, Macklin 24, Monroe 36, JMAX 12, Ben Wallace 24

9 man rotation.

Number of minutes with neither Ben Wallace nor Jason Maxiell in the game - 12
    (first 6 minutes of each half)

Number of minutes with an inept scorer at small forward - zero

Number of minutes with Ben Wallace and Jason Maxiell paired up - zero

Number of minutes of pretending that JJ is a power forward - zero

Number of times we see Gordon go one on one - zero
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems like I heard George say that Monroe had six assists at halftime, so any passes in the second half went for naught.

Max taking 12 shots in two games is a rarity. To take 12 in one is as you indicated a travesty. In fact he and Tay led the team in shots with 12 each. Who was passing ball to him Knight?? I see he grabbed 4 offensive rebounds, so he must have taken upon himself to go back up with it. Game was to ugly to watch in the 2nd and 4th qtrs, so just going to erase off the DVR and forget about it...
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lee you have said that in five of the 8 Pistons losses....I know the player personnel is suspect, but how many coaching losses before we start blaming the players. Technically after 10 games, preseason is over and they should be improving not digressing. Everyone likes the new coach, but will we still like him when he starts to challenging one of his losing streaks and we are sitting at 2-20? When will the players quit on him...

Looks like Joe needs to make some moves...if anyone will deal with him
  7. max

max All-Star

They were competitive for almost 3 quarters. I stopped watching mid-way through the 4th. Did not see much to get excited about other than some good plays by Monroe. Daye seemed to do a little better - or was it just me.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You can't just get Monroe shots because he has to be deep in the paint to score. A lot of his points are off of offensive boards or passes to him when another Pistons creates chaos in the paint. He should probably try to manufacture range by developing a 45 degree angle bank shot like Duncan. If he can stretch the D a little, his passing will open up even more, especially to Jerebko/ Maxiell/ even a cutting Stuckey.

I tuned in here and there while watching LSU/ Alabama, but we are just no match for the Bulls. Holding a team in the 60's with offensive threats such as Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva? Seems impossible, but somehow the Bulls pulled it off.
  9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think Greg had 4 at the half. He got his 6thin the 3rd quarter though, on that steal, and bounce pass to Knight on the break.
  10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Maybe Greg last year couldn't be relied on to just take the ball and go to work, but he has shown this year that he has moves to create his own offense very efficiently if they get him the ball from about 14-16 feet and in. He was doing it constantly in the first 3 quarters. Either scoring himself or getting his teammates easy shots. He's starting to come around on that jumper too. Seems like he hits at least one or two per game. When you can pass, or go off the dribble, that face-up jumper is there all day.

I just don't get why they wouldn't go to him when the team is struggling that bad. He certainly isn't out there for his D.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe does lead the team in shot attempts, points, and FG%, so we shouldn't be too concerned. He's also 1 FT away from leading in FTA's as well.

Who would have thought when we drafted him that he'd establish himself so quickly as our best player?
  12. max

max All-Star

Look at the talent around him.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

It was Knight, yes. Tay loves those isolayshauns.
  14. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I know, and i think Greg Monroe should have a major participation of every play we make in offense. either to make the pass or to end up scoring. Greg Monroe is the face of this franchise. Plain and simple. At least for now.

Lee I don't agree with you. What about Ben Gordon?? you are giving him the "DNP-Lee's D"

Ben Gordon must be in the rotation at least for 25 - 30 minutes.. I wont give Daye 33 minutes per night.. he is not worthy, he can't defend no one in this league.. (I think he will suck in the D-league too)

I don't like Gordon, really, but we need to show the NBA and other GM's out there that he can still play. Yes we have to make an illusion act. But if we prove that Ben Gordon still has something in the tank, (weird phrase, usually used when someone is talking about a veteran player in his last years), If we can show that maybe we can get a first round pick from a lottery team.
  15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

wow, cant say much good here. GM continues to play at a high level regardless of those around him. He does something every game that makes me sit up and pump my fist. He dove out of bounds after a ball today and saved it. Little things like that then stealing the ball from rose and leading the break and dishing to the little fella for the lay up. I am done with Ben Gordon. He is ****... he is actually worse than ****... he is the dry crust **** gets on it when it sits on the lawn for too long. He put on such a display of inneptitude that I was begining to laugh to myself like a crazy man. He would drive and fart around with the ball and turn it over, then come back down and throw it away, then step out of bounds, then throw it away. I pray he is moved and soon. Much like the William Bedford experiment, he is done. The only role Ben should have is open pop and drops as a 6th man off the bench. Take what he did when he was with Chicago, scorer off the bench, he comes in looking to shoot...he is not gonna set the table for teammates...he is so out of his element, he looks like Jeffery Dahlmer at a vegetarian buffet.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Ben Gordon dribbles the same way I would if you rousted me from my 1/2 asleep state during the game and asked me to start playing. It is embarrassing, copper.

Brandon Knight had 1 assist in almost 37 minutes of PT.

I think people are making too much out of how "close" this game was prior to the 4th.

Can't Special K read the promos of Rob Base(!) upcoming halftime performance instead of Blaha? Something like this is going to be his downfall when he'll unintentionally make a racist/insensitive comment because they'll have him too far out of his comfort zone.
    :angrysoapbox:
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Probably a good plan going forward.
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

The talent level is about the same, so it must be the coaching. I don't really think there is any lineup combination or rotation magic that can overcome the incredible lack of skills and balance on this team. You may be able to fool an opposing coach or team for a few minutes or a handful of plays, but eventually they will figure out that Player X is the only guy who can defend, or Player Y can score but can't pass, etc.
  19. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

They should put the liquor on sale at the Palace so the fans are numb to those facts..........
    Also...........throw in some cheap kibble......
  20. copper

copper Bench Warmer

the game wasnt close. the score was but the game wasnt. I expect BK Broiler to have bad games, he is a rookie, lets remember how bad GM was looking about this time last year...we were all wondering if he would ever get a shot off that wasnt blocked by the opponent or the rim. I am ok with Knight "finding" his way on the court in real game scenarios. He can learn with GM and JJ on the roll. They will lose but they will gain real game experience with each other and gain chemistry. I wont sit and watch Ben Gordon play like a rookie, he is actually a little worse than BK in my opinion. I hope they are trying to move him. I REALLY dont want BK learning anything from him.