1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Chicago April 4th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'April 2007' started by Dlev59, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Chicago April 4th, 7:30 PM
    TV - FSN Detroit, ESPN

The Bulls come to the Palace for the last time in the regular season. The [STRIKE]Pistons[/STRIKE] Bulls have 2-1 advantage in the season series. Looks like Nocioni will play in the playoffs, however,how effective will he be with Plantar Fascilitis?

The Bulls are a better team with him in the lineup. With or without Nocioni, we could see this team in round 2 of the post season.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BONUS PHOTO

[​IMG]

3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I thought the BULLS have a 2-1 advantage in the season series???:confused:

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

You are correct, my bad.

The Bulls won the game in January.........2-1 Bulls..............:hoops:

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I really don't see the Bulls getting out of the first round, especially if they're seeded below 4th. Pistons need to "mop up the spill" when we play them this time.:gun1:

6. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

The pistons need to change the habbit of starting slow. They need to jump on the bulls early in the game. They need to impose their game. I think Tay has is a key player in this game as well. Is rasheed playing today?

7. detroitsfynest

detroitsfynest First Round Draft Pick

I just saw a report that Ben might not be playing because he is in the hospital because of sinusitis.......whatever that is..... but no word on Sheed yet

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rats, Thomas might start and the Pistons have no answer for him.

9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Pistonitus?

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Might have to rough him up with the Brahma Bull.

11. detroitsfynest

detroitsfynest First Round Draft Pick

This is a quote from Mcosky's blog ...." Tyrus Thomas also has the flu, and was going to be a game-time decision. The Bulls canceled their shoot-around because of all the sickness. "....... we might not have to wory about him after all

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Chat's open!

13. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I am sick of this team. Hopefully Joe-D heard our fans booing our own players. For myself, the thought of the Pistons winning the title this year is starting to look a little silly.

14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince for Co-Defensive Players of the Year.

15. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

that was sorry. We can't win at home. That hurts.

16. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Guess I should have come back in chat. What a sorry game.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You could say this one was lost in the third quarter, but actually I am going to say it was before the game when the players, just like the fans thoughtb it would be an easy victory because Ben Wallace would be watching from the locker room. I thought it was lost in the second qtr when the Pistons had a chance to stretch 32-27 lead up to seven, but the five bench players in at the time missed 5 or 6 possession/buckets in a row and allowed the Bulls to hang around. Heinrich got hot and scored 10 pts to close the half and beating Billups around the floor like a drum.

Instead of being up 10 at the half, they were only up 1. The second half they come out cold as ice and the Bulls grabbed all of the long rebounds and hit jumpers, 3 balls, dunks and layups on their way to a 32-16 third quarter and 54% shooting for the game.

Meanwhile Piston lay an egg in the second half scoring only 35 points. How many layups did the Pistons miss...a bunch

If someone was to say that the Pistons lost by 18 pts to the Bulls without Big Ben and Little Ben, I would have to say that we must have played without are starting five....well other than Sheeds 4 three balls and Billups 9 FT's the starters were a no show. Tay and hotheaded Rip only had 2 buckets between them and even without ben, they out boarded the pistons 48-32:yellowprison:

Are we sure we want to meet them in the post season?? They can't shoot 54% all the time, but if they do it IN 3 games they could take it...and based on the way the Pisotns played tonight the two blowout losses could be mental and affect us the next time we play them. This was not a meaningless loss or game IMo. it was a statement game for the Bulls and an embarrasing nationally televised loss for the Pistons.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We started out slow. Chicago scouted us good and used an up tempo game to score easily to start the game. And defense? The Pistons were not playing any. Webber had some good inside scoring for us, but in all he hurts us being out there right now. I assume of course he is not 100% yet, as that was quite a long bout with the flu, and of course the missed games that went with it. Still, it is possible that against Chicago, Webber is the wrong guy. Meanwhile, Billups is still playing hurt, and yes, I still say he should take that week off he was contemplating.

Billups hit some shots, but the opposing point torched us for a whole lot more than CB got. The Pistons did concentrate on getting Gordon in foul trouble. That helped us stay in the game at least having their top scorer only get 2 points and hardly playing.

On our side, we had Rip in foul trouble all game and he scored about 3 points. Tay was agressive, but looks pretty much whooped as his shots were coming up short. In general, yes Flip, you better watch the minutes of your team. Flip said he does not care about the minutes? Ok, two good games of coaching and then stupidity. Mid 2nd quarter. Things are going ok. We have 5 subs in the game. 5 subs doing ok. So Flip decides to lose the game right there. Yes, he did leave two subs in, but Billups and Sheed came in with about 7 minutes to go in the 2nd. He even brought Tay back in for 90 seconds rather than letting him relax and recharge. This is not the way to win games, and its not the way to develop the bench.(Not to mention he is trying to develop a bench with the wrong players.)

Flip Murray scored some. But thats a catch 22. If he scores, he forgets about driving and dishing. When he gets his minutes served to him on a platter, he forgets to take good shots. And defense, something he only plays if he is in danger of being out of the rotation. Flip Saunders has chosen, for some completely unknown reason, to play a guy who fell out of the rotation for lack of effort over a player who has been there all season long playing excellent defense. What kind of message that gives the team should be obvious. Good team play and good D will not be rewarded. So why bother.

Delfino missed shots. Made a three,then was ignored the next time open. By Billups as usual. Delfino triggered several scores by passes that sat up plays. No assist. No points for him. But points for the team. Good team play.

Dyess was invisible in this one. Davis did not play. He was one of the later flu victims so maybe he is not over that yet.

Maxiell did not do a whole lot. But then again, since we don't use an actual point guard when he plays, just how well do you think he can do. A guy named Will Blalock is playing down in the development league that could get Jason the ball in a position to score.

Sheed hit 4 triples. Great. But why was he playing with the banged up hand. Him not being able to catch a pass did not help us much. If a guy is injured, hey, we got other players. I would much rather Sheed have been able to catch the ball down around the basket and score inside.

Ben Wallace was out due to sinusitus. Yet we got outrebounded something horrible. And although we did go inside some, not nearly enough considering how small they were going. Between Billups being injured, and the organization unwisely not letting their only other legitimate point guard play, well, things just ain't getting run too well.

Hunter made a shot. But notice he is not a point guard. He is not driving in and dishing, not creating plays. Thats why his only option is to shoot the ball. Flip does have some talent, but is very inconsistent about when he chooses to use it. Between the two, one horrible backcourt.

We do have a fine young rebounder down in the D League named Amir Johnson just in case the Pistons are interested in going anywhere this year in the playoffs.
    lee357, flint, mi

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm happy I missed this one. Thanks for the feedback folks.

Pistons are sputtering too much down the stretch to be considered legit. But until we're out, we still have a chance so keep your heads up!

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Florida lost 3 of 4 towards the end of the season. They came back in the tourney again. Pistons will swamp their opponents in the playoffs to make it to the finals again..........................or mabye not.:hoops: