Chemistry

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Sep 29, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

In a fantasy league the Heat would murder the Pistons because they got many stars, and the Pistons don't. These leagues don't count chemistry, how hard you work, and many other things that make this team win. So Heat fans enjoy all these stupid "expert" opinions on you guys beating the Pistons, and same with you Pacer fans. You can enjoy this for another 6, or 7 months until you meet us in the playoffs.:mad: Thats going to be your players after you all get sweeped on your homecourt.

2. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Well

Fantasy is fantasy, even if it's a basketball league. The Heat's summer was based on Fantasy, but they will strike reality during the playoffs:nod:

3. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

HEhe...

Hmmm, what if our opponents suddenll develop chemistry? :confused: What do we do?

I feel that our main opponents are Indy and Miami. ON chemistry, we need only worry about Miami. Indiana has that, in a forced kinda way.

All in all, it's gonna be on the Pistons to come out and play or beat themselves with not going all out to win. :nod:

4. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

chem101

If the Heat develope chemistry it will simply make them tougher to defend. I still don't see them defending anybody and there ability to stretch the D with the 3 is a big question mark. The key with Miami is excepting that DWade&Diesel are going to go off, but we can't allow the role players to have success. It doesn't matter how good thier two best players are when we have 6-7 guys producing. Besides, old man Hunter contained Wade for stretches, and we have CBills, Rip, Tay and now Movans to mix things up vs. Dwayne. As for Shaq, we have the doubledragons Darko and Davis as added depth. Shaq is more likely to foul out than any of our starters.

We just have to see if Payton, Posey, Walker and Zo can beat us. I wouldn't want my Championship aspirations counting on them.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Shaq's getting done guys. If he couldn't beat the Pistons when he was more healthy, and 1, or 2 years younger he won't now. Damon Jones couldn't gaurd Chauncey, but he could stretch out our D with his great range at least he did something. The Glove at this age won't do much, and Posey won't do crapp especially if Lindsey is gaurding him. As for Indy, if they couldn't beat us with a great veteran in Reggie Miller who could hit a big shot, who knew what to do in almost all situations, and a player that had the reffs respect (which is very important) then I don't think they can beat the Pistons in a 7 game series home-court, or not. Plus the things I'm hearing about Sheed', that he's working very hard and that he's lost 20 lbs, I think we can have the best record in the league next season so we can take the trophy back that San Antonio borrowed over the summer.

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think the Miami chemistry situation is similar to Flip's T-Wolves a couple years back when they brought in some cap busters to surround Garnett. Spreewell, Cassell etc....they had some regular season success but in the long run you'd have to say it didn't work. So Kevin McHale fires Flip and tries to make it work himself.

So maybe the same thing in Miami. Things just don't mesh for coach Jeremy so the master, the king of the rings steps in to try it himself...

7. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Conspiracy theory

You just opened my eyes!! Maybe Riley will bring Sprewell as well just to make sure the environment (and therefore the chemistry) is letal for Ron Jerem... I mean Van Gundy.

8. Fool

Fool First Round Draft Pick

But why didn't it work that season? I would say it didn't work that season because Cassell got injured not because of a chemistry breakdown. Unless I'm getting my years mixed up, its the same season they beat us twice on questionable ending scenarios (Chauncey's "offensive foul" that was really a made three pointer and 1 ... and I can't recall the other). Who knows how a Wolves vs. Piston finals turns out that year (though benefit of the doubt would most likely be on the 2004 Champs). Now certainly the longer this Heat team is together and unsuccessful the more opportunity for chemistry problems, but I wouldn't say the Wolves failed THAT one year because bringing in cap busters doesn't work chemistry wise.

Overall, I would much rather be looking at teams that I didn't think had the talent to beat us then face teams who have the weapons to win the series but might not be able to get them all to work.

9. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

minny

The other Minnesota game. I seem to recall a missed goal tending, and a bs foul on Ben that sent some scrub to the free throws line for the win. Could be wrong.

10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Hey Fool!....some good points there. I think injuries will also disrupt this year's Miami team. What was that refs name..Capers?..James Capers? Worst call I've ever seen.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

In the 04-05 season we won 1 game lost the other because they didn't call a goal tend, and in the 03-04 season we lost both games by 1 point because they made a BS call on Chauncey, and they called a weak foul on someone on our team and Sprewell made both free-throws.