Charlotte January 10th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The way I remember it, Delfino played a lot in the second quarter, which was the disastrous one for the Pistons. He was guarding Morrison during that time, I believe.
  2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

no, it was the start of the 2nd quarter and morrison was lighting it up against delfino. tay was on the bench.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Very disheartening loss especially losing at home and 2 games to them now in this season.:faint: :faint2: :hurt:

No complain about Flip takin some shots but 19 for the game? More than Rip and Tay? Got to be kiddin me. No doubt he played well or decent last game against the 76ers but I feel he shoot be makin plays, i.e. moving the ball around and dishing it out as a PG.

Dice? What has happen to him? I can recall that he played well only a handful of game this season, not the type we wish from our so called 6th starter.

Flip should be go back using the Goon Squad to see if things can work out again. If we do not win the next 2 games, JD needs to make a trade or two.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Flip had 5 assists though.

That was about as good as he can play, so if we aren't happy with that performance, then he should not be on the team.
  6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Morrison hit 2 or 3 shots over him. And looking at the gameflow, it didn't matter who was in the game, everyone was deep in the minus category. Judging by Blalock's -11 in a 3 minute stint to start the 2nd it seems the offense lost it's flow when he came in the game. But personally, it's too hard to pin it on one guy. In order to have a 27-8 quarter against the Bobcats EVERYONE has to be playing like crap at that particular moment.
  7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I'd say it was for a few reasons... He created it himself (Max's are great, but usually they come off assists when his defender loses him). He got a running start from the three point line. He did it on Emeka Okafor, the 4th leading shot blocker in the league. No doubt Max will get a nasty one over a great shot blocker in his future, but so far he's got a semi-poster over Krstic, and a "dunk" (more like a layup) over Drew Gooden. 2 of the softest bigs in the league. Don't get me wrong, I love me a Max dunk, and they sure do come more often than Delfino's, but Max will have to dethrone this one to me.

BTW, he made #2 on Sportscenter, and number 7 + 1 on NBA TV top 10 (The and 1 layup being the other).
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yes, you're right about that. Everyone did play like crap for the Pistons in that entire quarter, from start to finish.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree, that the second quarter was the worst I have seen them play in awhile. We missed jumpers, bunnies, layups etc, and they hit jumpers, bunnies, layups with ease...:hoops:

However it wasn't as bad as the 46 points the Grizzlies put on the Lakers in their third qtr Tuesday night. Lakers stopped the Mavericks 13 game win streak on Sunday and then lose big to Memphis? on Tuesday and then by 25 points a Yaoless Rockets team on Wednesday. They and the Pistons have an enigma, you just don't know which team will show up at any game?:confused: :noidea:
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:frusty:

How do you not talk to your own players or know what's going on?!?!?
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Flip is clueless..time to put an end to his "twitching" and hand this thing over to Terry Porter.

During that 2nd qtr when we couldn't get the lid off the basket, may have been time to bring in Dupree, who never turns down a dunk opportunity. At least if you gave him the ball he wouldn't have shot an airball like Sheed or threw up misdirected runner like Blaylock. He would have muscled his way in there for high percentage-dare-you to block this dunk. :fear:
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

It looked to me that Delfino played Morrison pretty tight. The one 2Q play had Morrison backing CD down within 10 feet...but Delfino was strongly contesting him the whole way...the way I wish our big guys would. Morrison got the shot to fall, but he had to work his butt off to do it. Hats off to Morrison...the guy can ball. I find Delfino's D very impressive.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Morrison was looking a little like Dirk Nowiski there. Tough, ugly shots, but you knew they were going in.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

....as do the Sith!!!!............:obiwan: + Flip = :starwars:
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Im the oldskool here!
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

people who watch games JUST to see whether they can get on ESPN is whats wrong with Sports today! F ESPN!!
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I trust and admire your recap's more than anyone else's because you give 'the pulse' of the arena. Luv ya, Hogg!
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

When the bigs are on the block establishing position, Murray is up top dribbling the air out of the ball. He is late making the pass to the wing (if he makes one) which means Sheed has to try and hold his position until Murray is done dribbling between his legs a few times- from Lee356.....GREAT ANALYSIS, BRO LEE....best leecap of the year. My faiance and I was saying the same thing ALL GAME LONG...stay on it..its the ''little stupid things' Flip2 does that tears me apart.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THE DIRTY LOW DOWN...The Palace of auburn hills!

30 seconds into the game , you could see the fans werent in it. Ive always said that aside from Joe Louis arena and Magic's Bresnin Arena in east lansing, Michigan has the worst ARENA ATTENDING fans in sports. We give nothing to our team 'motivationally' , until they give something to us. The Palace crowd is no different than Crisler arena. Its all "whathaveudone4melately' type attitudes. Now , a lot of that has to do with our great sports IQ. we can see when were getting BS'd as far as attitude, excitement, enthusiam and effort, we aint gonna appluad for 'coming back' when u lost a 10 pt lead. But something has to be done to get teh fans (spoiled behinds) into these games. Like:

1. I like the way Ok Cy does like the college team does,. They stand and cheer until the home team makes the first basket.
    2. Have a reverse seating night. All those who bought 420 seats sit in the front row..and vise versa. (OK, thats the Vodka talking).
    3. The BEN effect. Let him still do the filmed intro where he jackhammers the opposing teams logo. CB doin it AINT cuttin it. (Maybe they can use OLDSKOOL pistons, like Horn, Laim , Micro , etc to do it)
    4. Trade for Ben.

I dont think the fans have gotten over losing our warrior and attendance it showing the top brass so. A lot of yall are in denial, but this is one sorry team ...without Ben,

Dark side seating is still availabl...(9-6 at home this year, 37-4 last year)
    Nuff said........:darthvader:
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't care if we hire Mason to coach at this point. I just want somebody that at least "looks" like they know what they're doing.