Charlotte Feb. 10th, 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 9, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

5 fouls each by AJ and Stuckey tonight.

I can't wait until they and the refs get through this rookie stage.

I think AA's big time NCAA Pac10 and Final 4 experience is helping in the transition and keeping his fouls down to a respectable number in each game.

:hoops:
  2. buddahfan

I thought AA did a pretty good job on J.R. in the second half. Before Flipper put AA on J.R., J.R. was filling it up.

3. buddahfan

Did they take a win away from us. Maybe the game against the Lakers?

I thought that our bench was coming in late in the first and at in the beginning or near the beginning of second as part of the regular rotation.

Boy are we are under the radar. Whoever wrote this article on the game probably doesn't even know where Detroit is on a map of the U.S.

NBA - Charlotte Bobcats/Detroit Pistons Recap Sunday February 10, 2008 - Yahoo! Sports

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Remember what Sheed said: "...all those bandwagon asscats will come in May and June..."
  5. buddahfan

6. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

When he was drafted, I believe he was compared to Ben. Although now, I don't see why. Maxiell isn't half as good a rebounder as Ben was, only the FT shooting% is even similar. Max has a decent jumper, and plays good enough D. Ben in his prime was a real intimidator in the lane though.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Give Max some time. Was Ben as good as Max in his third season?
  8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

When drafted I remember him being called a poor mans big ben? or a smaller version of big ben... was called that at college also if I remember correctly.

Since then never heard him compared, he's nowhere near ben on the def end or rebounding at this stage, but I'd have to say his O is much better then Ben has ever been.

Assuming though that Max doesn't improve anymore (and that might be a very unfair assumption) that Ben is by far the better player at his prime, now i'd be hard pressed to stick with Ben.... (unless his bad play is totally due to his current team)
  9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Nope. It's not that I don't think Max is good, he's good in a different way. He'll improve, but his game isn't all that similar to Ben's, imo. I believe they played Ben as a guard in his third season.
  10. buddahfan

Maxiell can shoot a jump shot.

He can't rebound, block shots or steal balls like Ben.

There is no comparison between them.

AJ would be a better comparison as his defensive game continues to improve but AJ will have a lot more of an game on offense than Big Ben.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I had a ton of fun watching this one at the Palace in some very nice seats. The game was an obvious lopsided win for us from the start, yet the excitement of watching us prepare for the playoffs kept me very into the game.

Lets start with Tay. Full of energy tonight. He hit several threes in the 1st quarter, but impressed equally with his board work in the 3rd quarter. He did not play in the 2nd quarter, and you could tell. He seemed to have boundless energy in that 3rd quarter. Got to love it.

Rip was our lone starter who played well into the 4th quarter. Kind of wonder what he was doing there in this blowout game, but hey, Afflalo had about 14 minutes in the rotation and another 4 minutes of garbage time. So Rip getting some extra shooting practice in did not stop Afflalo from getting a decent amount of minutes.

Stuckey got some real good minutes for the 2nd straight game, and got 13 points for the 2nd straight game. Stuckey scored in a variety of ways, but his two assists to Amir for dunks were maybe his best highlights tonight. On the one assist, I was like, who is he throwing it to? Who can go that high up to catch a pass. Amir streaks thru the air and dunks it. Gee.

Dyess worked inside some. I always like that. And as this current setup continues, with Dyess getting enough rest, watch as he gets better and better going inside with the added energy.

Sheed did not do that much. A few shots made here and there. Billups hit a few shots. Hayes did some scoring and did not look bad on D for the 3rd straight game.

Maxiell? He came in and got an offensive rebound immediately. The guy brings some serious energy. I liked that even though we were clicking, both Afflalo and Maxy came into the game early in the 1st quarter. We kept the slaughter going, and in a sustainable way. And unlike the last Charlotte game, where we brought our starters in for the last five minutes of the first half, this time we kept the bench out there. Amir did come out with his 3rd foul though with a couple minutes still left in the half. The result of all this: We stomped them out the gate, and stomped them every minute of the 1st half unabated. Very impressive stuff.

How bad was the slaughter? We were up 20 at one point, in the first quarter. We still had them doubled up on the score well into the 2nd quarter. Charlotte only scored 7 points in like the first 9 minutes. But don't think our bench played all these mintues just because we were ahead. We were ahead in the game the last time we played Charlotte. The coach is getting it right now, playing the bench in the 2nd quarter. The whole 2nd quarter, just as he should be doing in mid - February. In the playoffs, yeah, maybe you need to play your starters more. But not now. Got to love it. We are on the road to a championship as long as we stay on this road. And there are no deter signs ahead as far as I know.
    GO PISTONS!!!!!
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good chat tonight. Another solid win for the Pistons.

I just hope we aren't peaking too early. And I hope Saunders doesn't get goofy and shorten the lineup against premier teams on the road.
  13. buddahfan

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I got to play with all the kiddies in the chat room , so suffice it to say(yes, bruthas can 'say' suffice) I had a good night.

My 'Q-lights':

1. Stephanie's exclusive interview with GWallace stating he wouldnt play tonight. She was so thought provoking and passionate. What a reporter!

2. Tay goin Kentucky from outside tonight. He looked strong and his legs got a lotta lift to them. Yes, lee, I too noticed his rebounding hops in the 3rd. Not having to guard wallace gave him a lotta energy, huh?

3. Spinach lasagna and garlic bread was on the table tonight. A nice glass of red wine topped it off.

4. What is our record when Jahvis shoots 2 threes or more. Its such a pretty shot and I loke how Sheeed held up 3 fingers as Hayes shot a corner triple.

5. The Time had the bomb reunion on the Grammy's tonight. Jesse, Jam, terry, Monty, Morris, Jerome and Bean played like they do this every night. Jam on the keys is priceless. Jesse had a great guitar riff, but Rhianna? Puh-thehell-leeze! Give me Sheila E, although I like the mix The Time did on Umbrella and the Chili Sauced ending. I've only rewinded it 20 times.

6. Stephanie is ecstatic and the cats cut the lead to 12. What a trooper and great analysis! Next stop: ABC!!!

7. Rip and the bench push the lead back to 20somethin as 25 cent is starting to look very Dwaynish.
    a. Crazy lead pass to JMAX
    b. Continuation 3 pt play after a steal
    c. Crazy alleyoop to amir
    d. Dunked on Davidson's head

8. GAG REEL: Primo's dunk on a pass from Herrmann was cute, but AA getting no love from the bench on a breakaway dunk that Chauncey said "looked liked me" , "terrible'. Tay had a look on his face like someone just farted! :pound::pound:

8 in a row... Time to go to bed, Steffi...
  15. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Lee, you can't top that recap!:pound:

3 dunks in a row by the kids was great at the end!
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When he makes at least 2 three pointers, we are a cool 10-0.

Here is a strange stat. He has made more 3 pointers than he has FT attempts this year.
  17. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Oh man that's great
  18. ggazoo69

Deter?

[​IMG]
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Detour. Hey, it was a long drive home. Quit picking on my spelling.
  20. ggazoo69

Oh, I'm not. Your misspelling just reminded me of the "SNL" character Deter. No harm meant.

And you're right, Lee, if the bench keeps rolling, there ain't no stopping us now. 'Course, this WAS Charlotte after all.

YouTube - Mcfadden and Whitehead - Ain't no Stopping us Now