Charlotte Dec 9 6PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by max, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just rewatched the Charlotte game, from December 9. Interesting in that Herrmann played about the last quarter and a half in this one. Looked pretty good too. Lots of hustle plays. He made a couple of 3's, and a shorter jumper. Brezec started the game, looked good enough, but did not play past the first quarter as Charlotte attempted to go small against us.

In contrast, Mohammed could not have looked worse. Four fouls in his first five minutes.

Considering what was seen in this game, just a very short time before the trade, you got to wonder what Charlotte was doing. They gave us two expiring contracts for a seemingly impossible to move contract in Mohammed. Wonder what Dumars had to promise on a handshake to get this deal done.

As far as Amir, this was just another one of several games this past month where Saunders has made absolute sure that the game was purely into garbage time before bringing Amir out. (There has been one exception this month. The Atlanta game.)

Amir was guarded by Herrmann on one play. Amir put a move on Herrmann that left Herrmann looking like a statue. This is the play where Amir then proceded to weave around a 2nd defender and lay the ball in. Pretty nice move.

This was one of those games where Hunter was the backup point, and Murray played in the 4th quarter. Got to appreciate the hoops he made, since it got Amir in the game faster. The two triples Herrmann put in did not help that.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lee, was that the game in which Brezec only got 1 rebound the entire game, but Nazr had 4 rebounds, 2 points, 2 steals, and 1 block in 9 minutes?

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

"Considering what was seen in this game, just a very short time before the trade, you got to wonder what Charlotte was doing. They gave us two expiring contracts for a seemingly impossible to move contract in Mohammed. Wonder what Dumars had to promise on a handshake to get this deal done." Lee356
    -
    Yeah that's still a head scratcher. Unless Nazz just needs PT.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Why don't you go rewatch the game yourself and give me your opinion. Its only a breif time in the 1st quarter for Brezec, and the 4th quarter for Mohammed. Fast forwarding the commercials, it should only take you maybe 15 minutes or so to review it.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't have the video of this game. In fact, I loved the trade of Nazr to Charlotte. It was a bad contract and Joe D did wonders once again to rectify a mistake.

My only argument is that Nazr isn't the worst basketball player on the planet earth. He does a couple of things okay. He was the starting center of the World Champion Spurs that beat the Pistons in the 2005 Finals. I wish him well. Good bye, Nazr.
    :crying: