Away Charlotte Bobcats Wednesday Feb 20 2013

Discussion in 'February 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Running Jose at the point, without a shooting guard in the game, gives us nothing. We beat Charlotte, with Jose getting all of two assists. That is because he does not have the luxury of ever having a shooting guard out there with him. No way I want Jose to play shooting guard. I want him, our best point guard, to play point, with a shooting guard along side him - not Knight or Stuckey. On the other hand, if coach insists on playing Knight and Stuckey, and Bynum, extensively with Calderon, the only way that will work is with Calderon always acting as the shooting guard. Calderon can shoot lights out, so can function as a shooting guard. I like either Suckey or Knight as a point - you give me either at point, with Calderon at shooting guard, and I will take that ten times over switching it, Jose playing point with either of those two pretending to be a shooting guard.

PS, one of the best stretches the Pistons have played so far was crunch time a couple games ago, where we won it with Bynum playing point and Calderon at the two. Worked great. We have also done lots of sets now with Calderon playing off guard to Knight - with lots of success. In contrast - Calderon playing point with these other jokers pretending to be a shooting guard, has done us zilch.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sadly I can't even argue with this. Our SG situation is just that bad, but Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey are AWFUL PG's and are pretty bad at SG. So when a guy can't play either position.......why does he even play? Because our team is just that bad on the perimeter.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

welcome to .380 bball, there's a lot to fix and correct. If Cal is our best QB he should be running the show period.
    The first time they see P/O quality backcourts they'll be out sort and Frank will be trying to fix something he was trying to hide in the first place. Getting over on another loser team is no great shake.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They are not awful, they are just the worst in the NBA. In other leagues around the globe, they might be adequate.

Team record when Stuckey is the starting PG (aka The Rodney Stuckey getting the keys to the car experiment):
    2009: 30-35
    2010: 23-49
    2011: 19-35

Overall, 72-119 (.377)

With Knight as the starting PG (The grooming process):
    2012: 23-37
    2013: 18-30 (before Calderon came on board)

Overall, 41-67 (.379)

With Calderon as starting PG:
    2013: 4-4 (.500)

To be fair to Stuckey, he had some pretty bad coaches and was forced to endure a lot of small ball. But he also had guys like Sheed on the team with him. Knight had a worse roster, but his performance was pretty spotty too. Calderon has the benefit of the small sample size... but he's played almost all games without Dre, our best player arguably.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The stats seem to indicate that the Stuckey era is over and that Knight needs to show improvement.