Away Charlotte Bobcats Saturday Mar 23 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I want to see that record broken.

The Lakers fanbase is one of the most arrogant, self centred, repugnant, bandwagon and petty of them all. I cannot think of a less deserving group of people, and put them right up next to Manchester United bandwagoners. They feel like they are owed success.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not rooting against them, but I want to see it be legit.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am on the fence...with this one. I like those 70's Lakers, but did not like the ones that include Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher, Gasol and World Peace. (Phil's Lakers)

The issue is those 71-72 Lakers of Wilt, West, Baylor, Hairston, Goodrich and Riley, beat their opponents by an average of 20 pts per game during the 33 streak and the Heat are barely getting by until the 4th quarter.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Miami Heat fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walter and round like this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm telling y'all, and I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it live, Lebron is King of the switch right now. He is flat out loafing in the first half of each game right now and then adding as much energy as needed to win each game. He has the wisdom of the '06 Pistons with a body still in its prime. It's a great strategy to avoid burnout and injury. Also it helps the Heat stay sharp because the games are closer.
  6. LA Dre

They play the Bobcats again on 4/5 which could be win #32....maybe the King sits out the first half of that one so that he can really be sharp for the tying game vs the Sixers on 4/6 and then the tie breaker vs the Bucks on 4/9.
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Observations:
    - The Pistons aren't much better than Charlotte but they absolutely should have won this game. This would have been an pretty embarassing loss.
    - The celebration after Charlie snagged that final rebound had me actually laughing out loud at my television. If I was coaching this group, I would have chewed out the team and put them through a tough post-game workout (on Charlotte's floor) prior to heading back to the locker room. This is what happens when your "vet leaders" are Charlie Villanueva and Rodney Stuckey; you have a post-game party to celebrate beating the worst team in the league by a single point. ...pathetic.
    - Anyone still think that the Gordon for Maggette and a conditional pick deal was bad?
    - Middleton looked good. Too bad it was a small sample size.
    - Good to see Knight back. He's the ONLY peremitor defender that the Pistons have (other than the two rooks).
    - If Stuckey checked Kemba Walker every single game, Kemba would be a HOFer. Jannero Pargo's family should send Stuckey a nice gift basket for helping to secure a NBA roster spot for the remainder of the season.
    - Am I the only one who laughs hysterically at the sight of Charlie Villanueva rotating lumbering over to provide "help defense".
    del and BillLaimbeer like this.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Are you okay sir ?
  9. LA Dre

Yeah Pargo got off in that third quarter at one point scoring their last 10-12 points. Stuckey was no match for him... We could have won this one going away if we would have a decent defender on Pargo:biggrin:
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You can't stop Pargo, you can only hope to contain him.

To be fair he did hit some tough shots like that one fading away in the corner almost behind the basket.
  11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Stuckey's drives are terrible. I used to think they were back because he doesn't kick out enough. But they are shocking. He actually puts his head down.

This is the king of meaningless wins.

The Miami Heat are currently the clutchest team in the league. They are playing just to win, which nearly always means big plays late in the game.